Release 08 - Free To Play, Mining & Blacksmithing

• Hi everyone,

this patch brings live two of the most anticipated and rich features ever announced, making it the largest update Linkrealms has received so far!

Mining and Blacksmithing have arrived to change the face of Linkrealms crafting forever. A whole new Riverbank questline and the expanded tutorial zone have also been introduced to make it easier for new players to understand all the core features of the game.

This release also marks the final transition of Linkrealms to a Free-To-Play model with an in-game store. Say goodbye to upfront payments for Beta Keys!

Below is a detailed description of the patch.

FREE TO PLAY

As announced, there is no more need to buy a Beta Key or purchase the game on Steam to get permanent access to Linkrealms!

The game is now completely free to play both for users having a Mythyn Account and using our external client and for those having a Steam account and getting the game on the Steam store!

We will soon implement the possibility to merge Mythyn and Steam accounts through the Account Management page on our website.

Please note this change is going live today at 9pm CEST (3pm EDT) - a little after the patch itself.

MINING & BLACKSMITHING

Oh yes! They are finally live! If you want to get a brief recap of the system, please check out the official announcement post.

As of today, mineral deposits can be found as random events in the world (with better drop rates out of the Legal area), and in the Riverbank Mine. The latter is a unique cave for new players where very low-level minerals spawn very quickly, but gathering them is allowed only after completing a specific task of the new Riverbank questline (see next paragraph).

In the next patch we will diversify random spawns in the world and populate existing caverns.

NEW RIVERBANK QUESTLINE

We have entirely reworked quests for new players in Riverbank. The town now has a proper questline - that is, an ordered series of quests, instead of having several NPCs giving out two dozens of parallel quests.

Quests are always to be completed in groups of 3. Each group is assigned by Antoine, the Mayor Of Riverbank, but involves interactions with other NPCs. With the new questline, new players finally have the change to experience mob hunting, tailoring, mining, blacksmithing, cooking and all the core features of Linkrealms!

OTHER CHANGES

1 - The tutorial zone has been expanded to include a new room where players can learn how to produce and use heals.

2 - New characters now have custom stats according to the default skills chosen.

3 - If a player changes realm while being the target of another player, he can now do only one realm transition soon after the first (that is, he can go back where he came from). Any other transition is not allowed for a few seconds. This mechanic has been implemented to prevent players from jumping in and out of realms during PvP. Consider it experimental and subject to change according to your feedback.

4 - The game client now remembers the position of menus after they are closed and after logout/login. It also remembers the status of the mute music and mute sound options.

BUG FIXES

1 - Several bugs related to the new movement system have been fixed, including not being able to run upstairs without having to stop at each stair, characters getting stuck after realm transitions in a few special cases, and being unable to cast spells when the mouse cursor was hovering a menu or an item.

2 - Drinking alcoholic beverages now correctly triggers Constitution skill gains.

3 - Receiving any Physical (Slash/Pierce/Crush/Poison) damage now triggers Endurance skill gains. This change has been introduced to make Endurance easier to raise, as it used to be triggered by Poison damage only.

4 - Fixed a bug that would make the online player counter go negative.

5 - Guild icons around player names have been temporarily removed until we create proper icons for the new fonts.

Let us known what you think of this super release and enjoy Linkrealms!

• 3 - If a player changes realm while being the target of another player, he can now do only one realm transition soon after the first (that is, he can go back where he came from). Any other transition is not allowed for a few seconds. This mechanic has been implemented to prevent players from jumping in and out of realms during PvP. Consider it experimental and subject to change according to your feedback.

Thank you, kind god. Does this only apply to realm transitions, or transitions inside the same realm(ex: telepads in the void dungeon)?

• FOUNDER: DUKE

some point is really interesting...

About questline, its not so clear, but probably trying is the easier way to understand

Just one thing, about mining: is all minerals included? is there the biomes diversity or ONLY the random spawn?

• I have a question about this point:

3 - If a player changes realm while being the target of another player, he can now do only one realm transition soon after the first (that is, he can go back where he came from). Any other transition is not allowed for a few seconds. This mechanic has been implemented to prevent players from jumping in and out of realms during PvP. Consider it experimental and subject to change according to your feedback.

This make useless or useful the 80 Credit Portal selled in Item Store? because i see no point to sell this item for 80 credits when there are telepads.

• @vorgoth333 a portal can be used to port into other realms/towns, I see no correlation to the update. You were never able to use portals while being targeted before, so you wont be able to now. Explain what you mean.

• @Meziljin said in Release 08 - Free To Play, Mining & Blacksmithing:

Just one thing, about mining: is all minerals included? is there the biomes diversity or ONLY the random spawn?

Sounds like there's no change to biomes until next patch. Only going to be the same event structure.

• So, i was waiting 9:00 i couldnt log in. Still saying only for whom bought betakey. 9:10 ... still the same. So i just better went Destard in UO , now its saying re-open at 10:00 soo.... guys, just to let you know - this is not how you welcome new players. I will give it a last shoot tomorrow.

Wish you best. Cheers.

@Programos said in Release 08 - Free To Play, Mining & Blacksmithing:

So, i was waiting 9:00 i couldnt log in. Still saying only for whom bought betakey. 9:10 ... still the same. So i just better went Destard in UO , now its saying re-open at 10:00 soo.... guys, just to let you know - this is not how you welcome new players. I will give it a last shoot tomorrow.

Wish you best. Cheers.

which server?

online 5 min and restart, lol ur trolling us like never one

• server is offline. Whan we can play?

• Sorry guys, we just experienced a small technical difficulty, servers will be back in 5 minutes! Apologies for the delay!

technically in few minutes, unless it is exploded

• Must have exploded?

the most stupid thing i did was doing all the quest in town......but i have all skills at 100 lol, i dun need for mining

• OK, PvP server is up, but PvE server is still down.

• They are both up! Again, sorry for the inconvenience!

• The new deer are really nice.

Can't seem to find any mining nodes though.

• Looks like mining and blaksmithing is still not enabled

• Bah, I'm going to watch TV

• @Gorstak said in Release 08 - Free To Play, Mining & Blacksmithing:

Looks like mining and blaksmithing is still not enabled

Looks like you haven't tried to hold a pickaxe and go looking for minerals, then reach for one of the public tools (like next to the tavern or in the Blacksmith shop) and craft!

(on a side note, please allow for some time to pass for the world to be populated with deposits - the system is a bit slow right now, we'll improve it in the next patch)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.