Release 08 - Free To Play, Mining & Blacksmithing

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

I'm going to reinstall the game, the update was not starting

Problem,
    I enter the game and log into my account, I get the message that the game is out of date. in 2 computers with
    this problem

@Sativao said in Release 08 - Free To Play, Mining & Blacksmithing:

Problem,
    I enter the game and log into my account, I get the message that the game is out of date. in 2 computers with
    this problem

I already reinstalled the game, ran the update the game folder, the steam the game works standard

• @Prometheus I can't tell if you're trolling me.

I've been running around with this stupid pick axe for an hour, and no sign of anything to use it on.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

there is nothing spawning outside the city
    the only veins working are into the mine, and it worked fine (i have alreay 42.8 mining), but my permission is ended and i cannot end the quest, so i cannot compelte it without the outworld veins, i hope tomorrow will spawn

• can some explain to me if the server is always so dam laggy or is it caue of patch/ new players? Seriously i cant even play the dam game because every 5 seconds im lagging/moving in place/rubber banning all over the place...so annoying.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Caide said in Release 08 - Free To Play, Mining & Blacksmithing:

can some explain to me if the server is always so dam laggy or is it caue of patch/ new players? Seriously i cant even play the dam game because every 5 seconds im lagging/moving in place/rubber banning all over the place...so annoying.

It's the server it's self. Also try turning down the game settings in the game uncap your fps etc etc

• Ok, I found the mine, but can't mine anything in it. THere's a guy outside I can't talk to.
    Don't know where to get mining permission, don't really care at this point.

• @Sativao we have just uploaded a new version of the installer, fully patched. Try to download it again!

@Roundwaters @Meziljin we just figured out that indeed they are not spawning. An error happened when deploying some files to production - in short, the events work, but items in them haven't been ported from development servers (so they are empty). We'll release a hotfix at next server restart - sorry again, this patch has been quite unlucky :(

• where do i procces ore into ingots,i didnt see eny option for that in forge?

• Xeaeath: "mining's so satisfying, your screen shakes a little bit and everything"
    Myhal: "I'm a better miner than you"
    Holya: "Fucking carebears"
    Xereath: "I think I might leave VAN and join a mining guild"

Prometheus you're tearing this guild apart :'c

• is mining and blaksmithing disabled aftet server crash cas thers no ore nodes nowhere and forges dont work?

• @Gorstak you can do that in the Foundry. What did you mean by "forges don't work"? As for the nodes, they take an hour to spawn after the server restarts (it's a bug, will be fixed at next restart).

• Overall it's a pretty good start.

Love how it fleshes out the world. Between the spiders, the darklings, and the lizzgoth chests, the world is actually starting to look alive. Poison mats are still too rare of a spawn in comparison, with way too few things to find.

The crafting of gear could use a rebalance of mats. Seems to rely too much on the iron, with all the rest being useless.

Too many gold bars in the game right now. The banker also sells gold bars, or you can find the prospecting. It's confusing to have two gold bars that do different things. Not to mention all the gold and silver prospecting items that should be able to be melted down.

What's going on with the gems? I see a gem grading system, hope all the gems will become relevant. BTW, there's some of the graphics don't match up with the lesser gems, Topaz I think. Goes from a yellow gem to a blue one when it stacks.

• @Roundwaters thank you! We have also improved and silently patched the event generation system - it's much faster and reliable now, it no longer takes ages for all the events to be spawned. Iron is really good only to make Steel armor, all other metals are better than Iron. And yes, we need to unify gold bars. Gems will be part of crafting :)

• The spawns around the edge of the mountain areas are nice contextually.

It will be nice once the mining nodes are in the dungeons too. Might help solve dungeon crowding, getting some people there to run it, others to mine it. And if prospecting is ever made relevant, you could have people prospecting the same dungeon as well.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Roundwaters said in Release 08 - Free To Play, Mining & Blacksmithing:

The spawns around the edge of the mountain areas are nice contextually.

It will be nice once the mining nodes are in the dungeons too. Might help solve dungeon crowding, getting some people there to run it, others to mine it. And if prospecting is ever made relevant, you could have people prospecting the same dungeon as well.

Are u really sure its a good idea?
    Just think Spider dungeon, if someone go there only to mine something of value, and accidentally kill a spider, countdown start and whoever will come to do the dungeon will have to renounce due to the timer started.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.