First impressions by an old player

• FOUNDER: DUKE

First of all, hi all newcomers

This kind of game could scare the new generations used to play high tech graphic games, but other could be fashinated....

About the new contents i wish to say what i think:

The best and unexpected news is the "deer", with that new outfit scared me a lot (seems a damned hellhound lol)...

About mining, i am probably the first and only player that skilled up the new working skills due to a bug on the chain quest in town (the cockerel npc was bugeed tot accepting the free cockerel ticket), that blocked the chain at the most important step, that allow players to get the "mining permission" to start mining (i got the permission because Pain went to fix the npc, so i completed the chain, but seems it is rebugged).
    Into the mine i enjoyed a lot mining iron and coal (getting unexpectedly even arsenic rocks), skill raise fastly (lvl 0 it was obvious), but when i reached 42.8 mining, my permission decayed (timed permission?) so i havent got enough material to end the miner quest (i accidentally forged all mineral instead giving him lol).

Here the things i wish to ask:
    -Into the forge i can only create Medium and Heavy armor, but i haven't see Light one, is it missing or has been deleted?

• That building (forge, stamp, etc) will be acquireable or it's not possible to forge at home?
    • I created some gauntlet in iron, but i haven't found a way to sell them, blacksmith refuse them, is it wanted?
    • looking the different materials (finally a window that compare the materials thanks God), i noticed some material give FAME, what it mean? an auto-blessed ore that give more chance to have modifier? (questless?)

That is all for now, ty for attention

ok i can say more now:
    After the server restart, for 30 min and more i found nothing around the world, then something start appearing, and so i got this in 1 hour of world patrolling:

99 iron chunk
    48 coal chunk
    28 copper chunk
    4 tin
    2 silver
    1 gold

and ofc 31 arsenic....

About the drop rate, seems balanced, but i got a question and i hope to have an answer by prometheus asap

Which is the sense of Mining? because i digged ALL with about 48 mining, even gold
    Is there some parameter or what? higher mining give more chance to drop?
    i thought to mine gold needed about 80-90 mining, but seems not

even with the Stamp, i used it on all chunks without problem and with no fails even on gold... is it wanted?

About the veins, i found big vein of copper iron and coal (its ok), but the rare mineral vein are really small (from 1 pillar to half pillar), it could be ok because its a rare mineral but i noticed your blacksmith asset need MORE than 1 mineral to craft (while all other craft skills NEVER asked more than 1 mineral), i appreciate this new system, but this could bring blacksmith to be the most painass craft skill of the game (more than lockpicking), because droprate is low, spawnrate too and crafting require a lot....

Last one, is it possible to modify slightly the vein pattern to be more "shining?" because actually most of them (coal more of all) seems exacly like the decorating stones, a bit of more visibility could help a bit, because the half vein are pratically invisible (counting the grass, trees and more)

I hope these considerations help to improve the game :)

• All the answers in bullet points :)

• The fact you gained Mining so quickly was a bug that has been fixed at server restart. It's still quite fast, but not SO fast!
    • Light armor is still in the making.
    • It will be possible to buy foundries and forges, yes.
    • No, it's a bug, they should buy metal pieces.
    • Some materials have an inner Fame bonus that indeed gives a better chance to craft items with more modifiers (and with higher intensity). This applies to Tailoring materials as well (more, actually) - like Enchanted cloth that has inner +10.000 Fame!
    • Yes, higher mining gives a higher chance to obtain a material with each pickaxe hit. The rarer the material, the more important Mining is. If you had 100 Mining you would have gotten 3 times more Silver and Gold than you did ;)

@Prometheus wonderful

i'm just 70 mining, and i noticed i can raise easily blacksmith even without crafting armor lol

but i noticed anotehr important thing, already exists hot spots for mining, with fixed spawn, and i already signed some :D

great work, its really funny and well structured, and MORE

I GOT A RUBYYYYY!!!!

Update

Ok i got 80 mining, and i can confirm the dro rate is increased
    About the veins, spawns are good, just must be fixed the respawn after a restart, because actually they have a spawn rate really slow (more than 1 hour)

About mining, it's a great new feature, well structured
    About Blacksmith i got some perplexity:

It's possible to skill up until 80 (the max score possible actually) even eithout forging armors (smelting ingots increase blacksmith not mining, so smelting in a correct way give possibility to avoid a useless craft, increasing skill and stock of ingots for later
    The way u thought the use of minerals is great (iron used to skill up at begin will be re-used later in advanced minerals, so it will not become obsolete NEVER), allowing all minerals to be importants, except 1 :|
    Seems that TIN, that have a great spawn rate (in my case more than copper), can be used only to skill up at start (0-30) and for forging Bronze (4 copper 2 tin), until skill 60, after that TIN become useless, because for Blacksmith tin cannot be used to create armor (the only material excluded from menu)
    Tin spawn in large scale, give it a new rule, otherwise it must be trashed :(

another thing, and this is a personal advice:
    Stamp process (reducing chunck into dust) is really REALLY slow and boring, meanwhile the smelting of ingot process (more attractive) can be skipped at lightspeed, that is not good imho

Last advice: during mining it could be found some rare gem (i got 1 ruby and 2 diamonds) but these items appean into backpack and often they disappear under other items unchecked until u empty bag lol
    It could be more attractive to allow the Stamp process to find these gems (more sense, crushing stoned we find gems normally), reducing the annoying part of stamping

i hope this help, see soon in mine!

• @Meziljin we have silently patched an update to material spawn rates and location in the last server reset (3 hours ago). You can now find materials more easily in the world and particularly around mountains. Tin is correctly rare now since it's used only to make Bronze indeed. If it happens you find a lot, it's just by chance. We'll add a message when you find a gem :)

@Prometheus said in First impressions by an old player:

@Meziljin we have silently patched an update to material spawn rates and location in the last server reset (3 hours ago). You can now find materials more easily in the world and particularly around mountains. Tin is correctly rare now since it's used only to make Bronze indeed. If it happens you find a lot, it's just by chance. We'll add a message when you find a gem :)

So i trashed 200 Tin and now they are rare :(
    Well i still have 400 and i will keep them in chest !!
    BTW, when i will reach 100 mining and blacksmith i will try to summarize my experience and eventual bugs i found, so we can think to build up a compelte wiki section, because actually its not useful due to the "work in progress" about these skills :)

Ty for work and good job!

After a new search, seems like copper vein exploded :D
    i found an incredible stock of copper now, and even coal go nice
    Tin became rarer and its ok, but WHERE IS IRON?
    in my patrol i got 20 iron and 178 copper :|
    still moving but iron vein became very rare, is it just unluck? could it depend from area i'm searcing (vulcanic area)?

waiting news

• Ur not only player in this game whu is going true realms and mine.

@Gorstak said in First impressions by an old player:

Ur not only player in this game whu is going true realms and mine.

so?

New update:

Scale armor boots, situated into Medium Armor, is a Light armor item (metal), and it is the only one, the others are medium correctly

BTW wearing heavy armor plate don't give the extra bonus of +5% each physical reistance (top remain 70)

• @Meziljin thanks for reporting the Scale Armor Boots bug. Heavy armor's bonus is not implemented yet. As for Copper, it has become indeed the most common option in the Oak Forest - Iron no longer is because it's used to make Steel, thus is potentially more powerful. Notice that copper is a level 0 material as well :) If you want to find Iron, you should roam the Dead Forest and the Red Forest :)

• @Prometheus that is a false statement mr Prometheus. I have 87 mining and have mined darkling areas plus volcanic zones. There is no difference in finding different materials. Ive found like 2 gold ores in 4 hours of mining I did yesterday

• @Myhal said in First impressions by an old player:

@Prometheus that is a false statement mr Prometheus. I have 87 mining and have mined darkling areas plus volcanic zones. There is no difference in finding different materials. Ive found like 2 gold ores in 4 hours of mining I did yesterday

That is likely because you are looking for Gold in the wrong place - where is it that explorers find gold? In the jungle ;)

@Myhal maybe u haven't understood how it work

Mining raise up at same for any kind of material
    copper iron and coal are mineral lvl 0 (0-25, 0-30), so they will be find easier

Gold and Silver are needed to create the best alloy of game, that's why are rarer, mining skill influence ONLY the chance to get mineral, for example if u try to mine iron with that mining skill, every hit u get a ore, if that vein was gold probably u get an ore every 2-3 hit (for example)

at 100 mining u get more ore from veins (or to say better, u fail less)

@Prometheus said in First impressions by an old player:

@Myhal said in First impressions by an old player:

@Prometheus that is a false statement mr Prometheus. I have 87 mining and have mined darkling areas plus volcanic zones. There is no difference in finding different materials. Ive found like 2 gold ores in 4 hours of mining I did yesterday

That is likely because you are looking for Gold in the wrong place - where is it that explorers find gold? In the jungle ;)

LOL bastard :D

Anyway Prometheus, i noticed a lot of people (u more than all probably) use expressions like "dead forest" "oak forest", "red forest", but they are not clearly signed on map, maybe some explanation about the map and his zones could help about all, more the newcomers

• @Meziljin savage ass prometheus Q.Q. And Mr Meziljin I understand clearly how mining works sir that isn't my question. My problem is that the most dangerous zone in the game has only copper and tin xD

@Myhal A br player said me he found silver yesterday in vulcanic area, btw think this as a solution for your guild infestation of vulcanic area :), let's start move some realm out of there, maybe some newcomer will start farm philosofer stones :)

• @Meziljin ? We literally only own like one realm there. The only VAN controlled area is the riverbank exit ;). Plus im only on like 3 hours a day, so people can play throughout the day safely. Don't bring up VAN flaming into a nice mining thread pls

• I expect the the chance of gold and silver in the volcanic lands will go up once they add mining nodes to the side areas and dungeons.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.