Realm Upload

• So im in the realm map editor, ive built a little test realm so to speak and im currently looking at it through the editor...my question is i saved it already and now i clicked upload and the editor has just frozen. Does uploading take long or is something wrong and i should ctrl+alt+del the editor? Its just taking a while is all im saying is this normally how its suppose to be?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Caide said in Realm Upload:

So im in the realm map editor, ive built a little test realm so to speak and im currently looking at it through the editor...my question is i saved it already and now i clicked upload and the editor has just frozen. Does uploading take long or is something wrong and i should ctrl+alt+del the editor? Its just taking a while is all im saying is this normally how its suppose to be?

Try looking behind the Windows you have open sometimes it pops behind them

• yeah i still got nothing, what would help tho if is someone made a realm tutorial vid or something to help players get into this, 2 hours now ive been trying to set up a realm, already staked oak forest, idk what to do now

@Caide said in Realm Upload:

yeah i still got nothing, what would help tho if is someone made a realm tutorial vid or something to help players get into this, 2 hours now ive been trying to set up a realm, already staked oak forest, idk what to do now

Thought about it a few times but I usually send a basic every day design to people. Makes it easier to show them

@Caide Google linkrealms mrari.. he made a couple very basic realm editor videos a while back they are linked on the forums somewhere

• ok i got the basics down and i made my realm and saved it now the problem comes from trying to upload it. How long does an upload usually take? IDK if im impatient or what or maybe the map editor is bugged but once i click upload the editor freezes and im unable to do anything else inside the upload window. When i check windows task manager it says "linkrealms editor - Running" if there was a problem it would say "not responding" right?

So do i just wait this out? or is it bugged? frozen editor window...new to this and havent been able to see my realm in game yet

• Update: waited like 30 minutes and still frozen map editor even tried making a map with only a 5x4 dungeon tile floor and the editor still freezes xD..... also dont know if this is a problem or not but my claim stake is gone, its not in the spot i left it...it still says i own a realm BUT the stake i used to claim the area is gone idk where it went, poofed from ground

• When you first claim a realm, it's not yours until the next server reset.

After that, It doesn't usually take longer than a minute for your realm to update. Make sure there are no other players in your realm (including yourself), otherwise it won't update until they leave.

• @Roundwaters so when im in the editor no one can be in my realm location otherwise it wont upload? my problem is my stakes gone missing and when i try to upload it doesnt take 1 minute like you say, my upload freezes the editor when i try

• I just need a straight answer, how long does a realm upload take, do i need to afk for 5 hours lol, or is my editor bugged?

When a realm uploads does your map editor freeze up? Is that the upload working?

• @Caide
    it's never taken me more than 5min

• IDK what the problem is then, my only thought at this point is that using Steam makes editor mess up maybe? All i know is I got a badass graveyard design that freezes editor whenever I try to upload it...sucks because i wasted 10k argents and im gonna be missing out on the main selling point of the game.....stupid buggy map editor

• Might be the steam, I'm using the regular client.

Have you tried uploading your realm without the game client running?

• Hi @Caide, we've just verified if the Steam version of the realm editor works for both servers and it does. Your problem seem to be related to the editor application. When you press the Upload button under File do you get to see this menu? If so, what server are you trying to upload to?

alt text

• @Prometheus no i dont get anything that asks me what server to upload to,(i have to select "file' in top left then save and upload)

I did re-install the game on steam and re-tried editor this time i made a bunch of tiles (dark brick) to test the editor, everything fronze (again)and about 5 minutes later it said realm successfully updated, etc. I havent checked in game but since this is the first time i get the message "realm updated" i guess re-installing on steam fixed? idk

• @Caide said in Realm Upload:

@Prometheus no i dont get anything that asks me what server to upload to,(i have to select "file' in top left then save and upload)

I did re-install the game on steam and re-tried editor this time i made a bunch of tiles (dark brick) to test the editor, everything fronze (again)and about 5 minutes later it said realm successfully updated, etc. I havent checked in game but since this is the first time i get the message "realm updated" i guess re-installing on steam fixed? idk

This is really unexplainable. So you are telling me you've managed to upload a realm just by clicking on File -> Save & Upload without going through the menu I've shown you above (select server, press "upload map")?

• @Prometheus yeah when I do a realm upload from the editor, after clicking save&upload i dont get any menus or nothing....the only thing that happens is my editor freezes and about 5-45 minutes later (depending on what i created in editor) i get a message saying "realm successfully updated/etc/may take 5 minutes to show in game/if players are in the realm currently/etc.

since i dont have a player on the PVE server im guessing thats why i dont see the menu asking me what server since im only on 1 server maybe?

• although it would help if i had some sort of progress bar telling me how long/status of the upload...gets iffy jst looking at a frozen screen hoping realm uploads, but so far ive done it 2 times, the first time took about 5 minutes for some tiles....the 2nd time took about 45 minutes for the walls i made around the realm.

• @Caide nope, you should be getting that menu anyway and then select the proper server. Something has gone really buggy with your editor. Could you give me some info on your machine, specifically the OS, GPU and screen resolution? Thank you!

• @Prometheus windows 7 64bit, resolution 1024x768

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.