Help With Sword Mage build

• I'm interested in making a sword mage. could anybody help me with a build/skills/stats ect for a new player. Thanks. or any other advice that may be relevant.

• @Kyox 100 Severing, 100 invocation, 90 alteration, 100 sorcery, 100 Consitution, 100 Meditation. then choice your last 110 skills between: Endurance 75, maybe lock picking or hide. or Spiritualism 100 if u want control. Battle tactics 100 if you want melee damage.

• @vorgoth333 said in Help With Sword Mage build:

@Kyox 100 Severing, 100 invocation, 90 alteration, 100 sorcery, 100 Consitution, 100 Meditation. then choice your last 110 skills between: Endurance 75, maybe lock picking or hide. or Spiritualism 100 if u want control. Battle tactics 100 if you want melee damage.

Literal garbage

• @Holya said in Help With Sword Mage build:

Literal garbage

Let's be constructive instead of destructive, shall we?

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Stay on topic guys. He needs help give advice and take this to the duel section

• or if sword mages are kinda bad, anybody know of a good sword build in general. i plan to use swords in 1 way or another. Thanks.

• @Kyox 'fraid the only viable builds right now are martial arts/staff

edit: saying swords aren't viable is an exaggeration, they're the same thing as staffs but with slightly worse item optimization.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Kyox said in Help With Sword Mage build:

or if sword mages are kinda bad, anybody know of a good sword build in general. i plan to use swords in 1 way or another. Thanks.

Mele builds are not to bad with the right gear and skills. Try sword summons for the time being. As you progress you will learn on your own how to balance for your own needs. I use mele summons and small sorcery. With that I can solo anything with the gear I have set up to my needs

• @Holya Could you recommend any decent staff builds? staffs are another thing that looked interesting.

• @Kyox

The most efficient PVE build in almost all scenarios right now is:
    Staff fighting 100
    Sorcery 85+15 > 90+10 > 100
    invocation 100+25
    Alteration 100
    Spiritualism 100
    Constitution 100
    Meditation 100
    Concentration 15 > 10 > 0

Note this build revolves purely around spamming earthquake/wizard, and doing literally nothing else other than keeping your x-skin buff up. It only works in PVE, as invocation's direct damage spells don't do enough damage to kill geared players. The only time it's worth casting spells other than earthquake/wizard spirit is in single target vs. low hp enemies when you have a slayer staff on.

Focus getting +invocation, +cast speed, +spell power above everything else to speed run PVE content faster, but to get away from enemy players you'll want fire/lightning resistance. Obviously don't wear any armor impairment gear, unless you get shoes with like +9 invo/4 impairment boots aren't worth wearing at all, until you get your Shadowdancer's.

Edit: removed endurance, I derped

• @Holya Thanks a bunch. seems like a really good starting point/advice. really appreciate it.

• @Holya one last question, How do you focus stats? like mostly wis/intel? or whats the best choice for those.

• @Kyox
    Your first priorities are 150 wis(max spell damage modifier), and 30 int(wizard spirit cost). Keep in mind* Insight will give you +18 wis/int at 100 alteration, or +22 at 125. Dump everything else into strength, as you won't need any regen due to your wizard spirit dying.

If you want to get a bit fancy, you could increase your int a bit for CCs in PVP/slightly more summons damage in single target, but generally, that won't be worth it.

• @Holya can you stop giving out information this is against VAN policy

• @Myhal telling nabs to run when I'm coming is also against VAN policy >:

• @Holya said in Help With Sword Mage build:

@Kyox

The most efficient PVE build in almost all scenarios right now is:
    Staff fighting 100
    Sorcery 85+15 > 90+10 > 100
    invocation 100+25
    Alteration 100
    Spiritualism 100
    Constitution 100
    Endurance 100
    Meditation 100
    Concentration 15 > 10 > 0

Note this build revolves purely around spamming earthquake/wizard, and doing literally nothing else other than keeping your x-skin buff up. It only works in PVE, as invocation's direct damage spells don't do enough damage to kill geared players. The only time it's worth casting spells other than earthquake/wizard spirit is in single target vs. low hp enemies when you have a slayer staff on.

Focus getting +invocation, +cast speed, +spell power above everything else to speed run PVE content faster, but to get away from enemy players you'll want fire/lightning resistance. Obviously don't wear any armor impairment gear, unless you get shoes with like +9 invo/4 impairment boots aren't worth wearing at all, until you get your Shadowdancer's.

After playing some I noticed you can only have 700 or so points. How do you get the last skill maxed for this build? Or am I missing something?

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.