MAP EDITOR IN DIRE NEED OF ATTENTION

• You would not believe how many errors i get in the map editor and how many times i loose alot of work because it wont save due to errors. Its really buggy and needs alot of attention, because this is going to be a player deterrent. There are times when i can not for the life of me click what i want to click and when i do im setting more tiles on top of it that now need to be selected or just constantly having issues with it in general. Its crazy to have this program with no directions at all on how to use it.... dont get me wrong im figuring it out but trying to click on things that are unclickable for some reason and being shown previews for parts that im not trying to use is killing me..and on top of it i just lost 30 mins of work (which already made me crazy alone just trying to put the walls together and having issues left and right ) due to an error that wouldnt allow it to save.....

Error: EAccessViolation ????
    Pic of error i get when trying to save my map

• i give up. i just wasted so much time. im very dissapointed that i spent 14k on a claim to run into this.... sorry to be so blunt

• very painful to work so hard then find out your on a program that runs into so many errors trying to save. usually you assume once you hit save your safe. im scared to do anymore work because the only time ill figure out its no good is when i hit the save button...

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

i never had any error or any problem with realm editor

• yea i officially can not save anything. it worked fine all night now i cannot hit save. if i hit save or save and upload then it creates an error and will not finish saving....guess im screwed

• i just tried editing my map again while the server went down and i hit save and had the error pop up again

I will agree that really need to be some kind of video turtorial or something to guide/show you have to use the realm editor proberly. I am missing around with alot too, but can't seem to get it right then I want to make another floor and so on.

You even see in the Linkrealm trailer how somebody from the top of their building in realm editor scroll down the layers of his/shes building.

I would really like to know how they do that..

• On the left hand side, there are two sliders. One moves the grid, the other moves your floor view.

Thx alot Vengeance! That the tool I have really needed xD

@mrari A lot of errors can occur when you load a realm that you were previously working on and then you use the quickslots at the top. So if you used a 20inch thick wall as a quickslot and place it it can bug out the editor. Never use the quick slots (no idea what else to call them) unless you are working from a fresh build. Same with tiles dont use ones that are already on the quick slots. Also I would save frequently.

• @Clavicus said:

@mrari A lot of errors can occur when you load a realm that you were previously working on and then you use the quickslots at the top. So if you used a 20inch thick wall as a quickslot and place it it can bug out the editor. Never use the quick slots (no idea what else to call them) unless you are working from a fresh build. Same with tiles dont use ones that are already on the quick slots. Also I would save frequently.

i bet thats what happened because i did use them. and after i started a fresh realm in the editor it allowed me to save again

If your tiles screw up that you use for say flooring you will notice if you click on one that 3 4 or however many are bugged will all highlight at the same time. Also when you receive an error message if it pops up 12 times you have 12 errors 3 times 3 so on so forth.

• Don't use just tiles. Use 1 high blocks for your floors. You can reskin those directly or put tiles over top of them. It will save you a lot of headaches.

Yeah, there are some problems with the map editor. It was working for me and now all I get when I make a new file is this error. Whenever the error doesn't appear, it deletes part of my structure until I re-size the map window and then I try to put something down and it throws my placement to the middle of the map...

Windows 10 Pro x64-bit here. Furthermore, when I maximize the map editor, it only expands to half of my screen resolution. My native screen resolution (which I use) is 1920x1080.

The purpose to me posting this here is so everything is under one post which pertains to the subject, so... Yeah. I do hope the devs fix this because right now I can't even add anything to my map because it gives me the error described in the picture link above, when I attempt to save the file. Then when I load it, the changes I had made isn't being applied/saved.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.