Trouble with beehives

• Not sure if I should post this here or on bug reports, but here we go.

I've bought several beehives for my realm in the past couple days. Two of each of the sprites I could find. None of them are working. No honeycombs at all.

I placed them along crops, by themselves, in fenced areas, out in the open... nothing works, no matter how much time I spend away or hang around them. They're placed down in my realm bounds and secured.

What am I doing wrong?

• FOUNDER: DUKE

well, beehive dont need to be placed on fields (u can put them even on top floors), honey spawn about every 30 min i think, and spawn around the beehive, so keep them not stacked , leave a 8 tiles free around.

Waiting news

• Will keep in mind, thanks for the info.

Just my luck, apparently, the shortest sprite of honeycomb seems to have finally spawned some honey in the end. The other two ones (the ones that look stacked) spent a couple days in a locked fenced area with plenty of free space around them and spawned no honey at all, however.

Still trying to figure out what's wrong.

• Beehive need to be on the ground floor, otherwise they don't produce.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Roundwaters said in Trouble with beehives:

Beehive need to be on the ground floor, otherwise they don't produce.

From when?

i produced 1k honey on second floor :|

• @Brennon the honey spawns in a radius of 1 around the hive, and won't spawn if something else is on the tile. I suspect your crops are blocking honey from spawning.

• I can confirm beehives work on higher floors than ground. I placed two on my top floor and came back to the realm to find honey scattered around one of the hives. The other still hasn't produced anything though.

Still feels like they aren't working properly, so further information or word from the devs would be very appreciated.

• If you put the on any floor other than ground, you run the risk of them producing. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, it's always been messed up that way.

• @Brennon said in Trouble with beehives:

I can confirm beehives work on higher floors than ground. I placed two on my top floor and came back to the realm to find honey scattered around one of the hives. The other still hasn't produced anything though.

Still feels like they aren't working properly, so further information or word from the devs would be very appreciated.

Hi Brennon, we'll look into Beehives to find out what's preventing them from producing and if it actually depends on their Z pos, thanks for reporting it!

• Thanks for taking the time to look into it.

After spacing them properly and making sure nothing is directly next to them like Holya suggested, they seem to be working. Still seems that 2 out of the 3 kinds of beehive (the stacked ones) are not working properly even when spaced away, altho that could be my farmer npc getting in the way (not the cart, but the actual wandering npc, if those getting in range do also ruin the production?)

I planned on locking hives and cattle in the same fenced area, but if wandering cattle will ruin production, guess I'll have to rethink distribution.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.