skill set to De-level and doesnt work

• My battle tactics skill is set to level down and yet i still receive exp for it and it still levels up even with the arrow pointing down..

Pic of skill set to down arrow and still leveling

• @mrari said:

My battle tactics skill is set to level down and yet i still receive exp for it and it still levels up even with the arrow pointing down..

Skills

Each skill caps out at 100.

There are several "local skill caps" as well. For the "Physical Combat Skills" skill set, there's a 17,000 EXP skill cap. For the "Magic Skills" skill set, there's a 30,000 EXP cap. For the "Rogue Skills" skill set, there's a 20,000 EXP cap. Lastly, for the "Regeneration Skills" skill set, there's a cap of 20,000 EXP. There is no cap on Battle Tactics, Tailoring, Cooking, and Prospecting other than the natural level 100 cap.

Now, remember that there are 100 levels at 100 EXP each. 100 x 100 = 10,000. What this means is that each skill (that can reach level 100) totals up to 10,000 EXP.

So, for example, in the "Physical Combat Skills" group, you can max one skill, and then bring another to level 70, or you can split the experience up however you want. This is because in that group, there are 17,000 allowed EXP points. A single skill takes up 10,000 when capped, and then you have 7,000 (70 levels worth) left over after that for other skills.

Using this logic, you can bring 3 skills up to 100 in the "Magic Skills" group, and two up to 100 in the "Rogue Skills" and "Regeneration Skills" groups. Remember, of course, that you can split the points up however you want otherwise.

If you ever want to respec, one thing to keep in mind is that the points won't automatically start draining from the skill with the down arrow set on it. Instead, it will use up all remaining "free" skill points, and then once every point in the group is used by a skill, it will start draining them.

Guide: http://wiki.linkrealms.com/view/Johnon

• @Pinkerton said:

@mrari said:

My battle tactics skill is set to level down and yet i still receive exp for it and it still levels up even with the arrow pointing down..

Skills

Each skill caps out at 100.

There are several "local skill caps" as well. For the "Physical Combat Skills" skill set, there's a 17,000 EXP skill cap. For the "Magic Skills" skill set, there's a 30,000 EXP cap. For the "Rogue Skills" skill set, there's a 20,000 EXP cap. Lastly, for the "Regeneration Skills" skill set, there's a cap of 20,000 EXP. There is no cap on Battle Tactics, Tailoring, Cooking, and Prospecting other than the natural level 100 cap.

Now, remember that there are 100 levels at 100 EXP each. 100 x 100 = 10,000. What this means is that each skill (that can reach level 100) totals up to 10,000 EXP.

So, for example, in the "Physical Combat Skills" group, you can max one skill, and then bring another to level 70, or you can split the experience up however you want. This is because in that group, there are 17,000 allowed EXP points. A single skill takes up 10,000 when capped, and then you have 7,000 (70 levels worth) left over after that for other skills.

Using this logic, you can bring 3 skills up to 100 in the "Magic Skills" group, and two up to 100 in the "Rogue Skills" and "Regeneration Skills" groups. Remember, of course, that you can split the points up however you want otherwise.

If you ever want to respec, one thing to keep in mind is that the points won't automatically start draining from the skill with the down arrow set on it. Instead, it will use up all remaining "free" skill points, and then once every point in the group is used by a skill, it will start draining them.

FAQ: http://wiki.linkrealms.com/view/Johnon

theres a 700 global skill cap actually. and work skills count against it.

pic of the 700 global skill cap

• if your info came from the wiki it may be way out of date

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

yea that wiki is way wrong lol its simply 700 skill cap global u can have wahtever mix you want and working skills do not count towards the cap so u can max them all.

• @Clavicus ahhhh nice to know!!! ive been thinking that working skills counted against it! woohooo

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@mrari Yea its nice they did it so you dont have to make a crafting character.. whenever we are able to have multiple characters that is lol.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.