Crystal Buffing Wheels disappearing??

• I had a crystal buffing wheel in the bank the other day with a tun of uses left and it disappeared .i assumed that maybe i lost it (but i know i didnt) and bought a new one...i put the new one in my realm and secured it....i just went back there and now its gone...are crystal buffing wheels disappearing???? something isnt right thats 800 argents spent now an i dont even want to buy another.......same thing will happen watch....i just bought this one and now im convinced that they are disappearing....... please help...

• You sure you didn't just forget to secure it? Can't tell you how many items I've lost doing that.

• yea i had one in the bank at first that disappeared now the one in my realm an i just just bought one now and used it one time and it broke instantly and now the third one is gone in 2 days

• nevermind the fact that my staff had 54 durability then i fixed it once it went down to 32 durability and the third fix put it at 19 durability WTF is that

• Ouch! Staff repairs have always been unbalanced. The store repair item doesn't last nearly as long as the weapon and armor repair items.

• Hi @mrari, the issue of the wheel "disappearing" is new to me - the issue of it lasting very few uses and removing too much durability instead is a legacy problem due to the fact repairing staffs required the Shamanism skill. I'll have its functioning changed in this week's patch.

• @Prometheus said:

Hi @mrari, the issue of the wheel "disappearing" is new to me - the issue of it lasting very few uses and removing too much durability instead is a legacy problem due to the fact repairing staffs required the Shamanism skill. I'll have its functioning changed in this week's patch.

i actually think that they must have been used up an i didnt notice it but it makes sense if its dependent on shamanism. i dont mid the system the way it is now that i know that though.

Can adding essences to a staff slowly level up shamanism? maybe even if it was +1 shamanism exp per 100 essence loaded. bad idea?

• @mrari said:

@Prometheus said:

Hi @mrari, the issue of the wheel "disappearing" is new to me - the issue of it lasting very few uses and removing too much durability instead is a legacy problem due to the fact repairing staffs required the Shamanism skill. I'll have its functioning changed in this week's patch.

i actually think that they must have been used up an i didnt notice it but it makes sense if its dependent on shamanism. i dont mid the system the way it is now that i know that though.

Can adding essences to a staff slowly level up shamanism? maybe even if it was +1 shamanism exp per 100 essence loaded. bad idea?

It's not a bad idea, but Shamanism is simply not implemented as of now :) When it is, it will be used for something completely different, not related to repairing tools. So what we are going to do now is simply make it easier to repair staffs :)

• @Prometheus said:

@mrari said:

@Prometheus said:

It's not a bad idea, but Shamanism is simply not implemented as of now :) When it is, it will be used for something completely different, not related to repairing tools. So what we are going to do now is simply make it easier to repair staffs :)

Thank you so much! And how about the staff durability issue? is it always going to be able to drop in durability so much after each repair? i had a staff go from 54 > 32>19 in two repairs. will that always be the norm? if so all the great staffs that i find may be destroyd after maybe 2 hours in combat. that stinks lol

• FOUNDER: DUKE

Crystal tuners are available for purchase in the shop for 8 credits. They are not droppable in game, but the tuners bring back 10 dura a charge with 5 charges, so 50 dura.No idea if anything else drop in game that helps.

• @mrari said:

@Prometheus said:

@mrari said:

@Prometheus said:

Thank you so much! And how about the staff durability issue? is it always going to be able to drop in durability so much after each repair? i had a staff go from 54 > 32>19 in two repairs. will that always be the norm? if so all the great staffs that i find may be destroyd after maybe 2 hours in combat. that stinks lol

It won't - that's part of the rebalancing :)

• to put in ive actually had the same problem as mrari. Im noticing my crystal grinders dissapearing from my realm. its random and im never sure when it dissapears i just know i always put 2 side by side and secure them... then one or both will dissapear after a while without me ever touching them... if the problem persists ill camp my toon there for a while and record for a few hours to see if i can catch the whatever happens.

• When you secure them in your realm, do you set them so only you can use it? Might be people sneaking into your realm and using them up on you.

• just me. and my realm is fenced in with blockers. so it cant be anything like that

• If you're securing and unseecuring things a lot, it's possible you just forgot to secure it? I couldn't even count the number of rooster perches I lost doing that.

• nope. ive only got 4 secured items... good ideas though. Speaking of roosters are they ingame in this beta? and if so where can i get one?

• They were a part of the game for years, and cock fighting was on of my favorite things to do in this game. I can only assume they were removed because they made good healers which unbalanced PvP. There's been absolutely no mention of when they will return. I could have sworn wolves were supposed to be in for this beta, but those have been "almost ready" for about 3 years now or more?

Don't hold your breath waiting for them to implement things in this game.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.