Spell Res question

• Hi guys, i'm new here and enjoying the game. I'm Spanish and my english is poor xD. My character has 18% of magic resist base (i supose from spell defiance). But when i equip a wrist with +26% of shock resist my resist is 26%. Spell defiance and item resists doesn't stack? What is the mechanic with magic res, item bonuses and pell defiance?

• @Huldrag said in Spell Res question:

Hi guys, i'm new here and enjoying the game. I'm Spanish and my english is poor xD. My character has 18% of magic resist base (i supose from spell defiance). But when i equip a wrist with +26% of shock resist my resist is 26%. Spell defiance and item resists doesn't stack? What is the mechanic with magic res, item bonuses and pell defiance?

Welcome @Huldrag! Spell Defiance doesn't stack with magic resistances bonuses from items indeed - it "just" adds a bottom cap to the final value. Specifically, a 40% bottom cap to Fire/Ice/Shock at 100 Spell Defiance :)

• Oh ty for the fast answer. So spell defiance is for builds with no magic resist in items? Or people just level spell defiance for the cc immunity?

• @Huldrag said in Spell Res question:

Oh ty for the fast answer. So spell defiance is for builds with no magic resist in items? Or people just level spell defiance for the cc immunity?

If you have no magic resist on items I'd say Spell Defiance is almost mandatory, yeah. If you have them, as of today it's not very important because magical CC (Paralyze, Polymorph, etc) are not implemented yet - so Endurance is the real skill against CC:

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.