Forum Infraction System - Stop Toxicity & Spam

• Hi everyone,

recently, the average level of discussions on these forums has reached an all-time low.

Every time someone opens a thread, disregarding the topic discussed, it systematically ends up polluted with random posts totally off-topic. Worse, it often ends up taken over by PvP-related flame wars and reciprocal accusations between members of enemy guilds.

Once more, I have to tell you that arguing about your fights and other players' behaviors is totally fine - in the Duels & Battles section. Outside of it, it's not tolerated.

From to now on, we will be using an Infraction System to punish these toxic forum behaviors.

How does the Infraction System work?

Every time a player pollutes a forum thread, his posts are deleted and he gets 1 Infraction Point.

At 3 Infractions Points, the player is banned from the forums. The length of the ban depends on the amount of times the player has been sanctioned already, but it's no shorter than one week anyway.

What behaviors are punished with an Infraction Point?

Any toxic behavior, including:

• Posting a reply to a thread whose content is unrelated to the topic being discussed.
    • Posting non-constructive criticisms which are offensive towards other players' opinions.
    • Provoking other players, engaging in flame wars, etc.

What should I do when I see a toxic post?

You should report it using the "Flag for moderation" button.

alt text

Even if the post is directed against you or your guild, stick to reporting it only. If you eat the bait and start arguing, you will be sanctioned as well.

• The forum is a fairly significant decider in where new players align themselves, and with that in mind, I'd request PVP guild recruitment threads be considered Duels and Battles.

How big a guild's penis is would be very much on topic in those threads, and any potential member would likely be interested.

• @Holya said in Forum Infraction System - Stop Toxicity & Spam:

The forum is a fairly significant decider in where new players align themselves, and with that in mind, I'd request PVP guild recruitment threads be considered Duels and Battles.

How big a guild's penis is would be very much on topic in those threads, and any potential member would likely be interested.

I understand your request, but the answer is negative. New players can get enough information from the Duels & Battles section.

• Thanks God! now i have more free time, by ignoring this annoying ppl :D

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus I don't see any mention of what happens if said player gets around a ban etc by using multiple forum accounts.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.