"Could not load\parse" an error that don't allow me to play

• hi, im new to this game and i like it, but last two days i've got an error when i try to enter in game that say this: "could not load\parse: C:\location of file. 'a value' is not a valid floating point.
    i recive something like 5 to 15(even more maybe) message (based on how much .xml file the game can't load)
    here i post everything i tried to do:
    1- verify game file from steam
    2- unistall and re-download\installed the game
    3- downloaded the external client

alt text

if you need more information ask me and i will answer, thanks :)

ps. hope that my english is understandable

More information about hardware\software:
    Cpu: intel i7-2600k
    Ram: 16gb
    Gpu: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560ti

edit: more info about the machine where im playing

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Grall said in "Could not load\parse" an error that don't allow me to play:

hi, im new to this game and i like it, but last two days i've got an error when i try to enter in game that say this: "could not load\parse: C:\location of file. 'a value' is not a valid floating point.
    i recive something like 5 to 15(even more maybe) message (based on how much .xml file the game can't load)
    here i post everything i tried to do:
    1- verify game file from steam
    2- unistall and re-download\installed the game
    3- downloaded the external client

alt text

if you need more information ask me and i will answer, thanks :)

ps. hope that my english is understandable

@prometheus

• Hi @Grall, I have an idea of what could be the reason. Could you tell me what your Windows regional settings are? Just type start -> Region and Language to see it, it's shown in the first scroll down menu in the Format tab.

alt text

• thanks for the fast answer! i must say that the problem has gone after rebooting the machine, yes, i haven't thought about reboot as a possible solution, sorry, anyway the format on "region and language" is italian, here the screen:

alt text

• FOUNDER: DUKE

sry for off topic....Grall sei ita? dimmi nick che ti addo in gilda :)

• @Prometheus could it be a problem with the Razer synapse? ( the driver manager of razers product) if i open the synapse while playing or before starting the game it will spam all the error, im almost sure that the problem is related to this because a friend has the same problem if he open the synapse, i hope it help you :)

• @Grall said in "Could not load\parse" an error that don't allow me to play:

@Prometheus could it be a problem with the Razer synapse? ( the driver manager of razers product) if i open the synapse while playing or before starting the game it will spam all the error, im almost sure that the problem is related to this because a friend has the same problem if he open the synapse, i hope it help you :)

Well, given that we have plenty of players using the Italian regional settings (including myself on at least one testing machine ;)) that definitely wasn't the problem. Razer Synapse is likely to be tho, thanks for the hint. Now we need to figure out with what it's meddling exactly. What is your OS and AntiVirus?

• @Prometheus said in "Could not load\parse" an error that don't allow me to play:

Well, given that we have plenty of players using the Italian regional settings (including myself on at least one testing machine ;)) that definitely wasn't the problem. Razer Synapse is likely to be tho, thanks for the hint. Now we need to figure out with what it's meddling exactly. What is your OS and AntiVirus?

my current Os is windows 8.1, and for now im using the free version of avast

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.