Release 08 - Minor Update (8.2)

• Hi everyone,

the aim of this patch is to cater to two of the most common requests of the Linkrealms community: better drop rates for Artifacts and more rewards for killing other players. Together with it, we have thrown in a few other minor changes and bug fixes while we work on big features to be announced in the new Development Roadmap (coming next week!).

We would also like to take the occasion to invite you to take part in the discussion on the new rules on multi-accounting. Let your voices be heard!

Below is a detailed description of the patch.

CHANGES

1 - It's now possible for Steam users to give a username, password and email to the Linkrealms account that is silently created and connected to their Steam account. Steam users who haven't set their account data yet are reminded to do so by a small icon located in the top-right corner of the screen. Completing account data makes it possible for Steam users to login to their account management page to connect their game account to a forum account, report multi-accounts, etc.

2 - Bless Scrolls now always add 10 Bless Charges to the target item and require argents to be used (5.000 for Common, 10.000 for Uncommon, 20.000 for Rare).

3 - When a player delivers the killing blow to another player, he is now awarded with argents for each blessed piece of equipment the victim was wearing or carrying. The amount is 250 argents for each Common piece, 500 argents for each Uncommon piece, and 1.000 argents for each Rare/Artifact piece. If the victim was an Assassin, the reward for the killer is doubled, disregarding whether the killer is an Assassin himself or not. Argents awarded are added to the killer's bank account.

4 - When an Assassin dies, he now always loses 2 Bless Charges per piece of gear, instead of losing 1/2/3 depending on the rarity of the piece and instead of losing them only if he is a Criminal.

5 - Artifact drop rates have been strongly increased for all kinds of artifacts (besides Jorkrut ingredients). All info on drop rates can be found on this wiki page. On average, drop rates are now from twice as high to 4 timer higher, depending on the boss monster.

6 - The list of armor pieces that drop in monsters has been expanded and corrected. The most significant change is the addition of Metal Armor pieces and the removal of pieces without properties (e.g. Inner Torso).

6 - Buttons of the bottom UI bar now display dynamic hints on their use on mouseover.

FIXES

1 - Fixed a bug that would force players to resize their game window to make the Transparency Circle work.

2 - The cast animations of all spells now always properly override the run animation.

3 - Fixed inconsistencies in characters allowed in usernames/passwords. This fixes solves a wide range of issues - for example, the inability to upload realms for all players with a whitespace in their username.

4 - Players with low-resolution screens are now able to see all editor menus (including the Upload Realm menu).

5 - Fixed several bugged particles/sprites such as Exalted Harpies, Frocks With Spiral, Deathwatch Pods, and others.

6 - Scale Armor Boots are now properly listed as Medium Metal Armor.

Let us known what you think and enjoy Linkrealms!

• @Prometheus
    Did the comparative drop chance of items change, or just the overall chance for an item from each pool increased? Also are you willing to specify universal/specific drop rates from bosses? o:

Edit: ty for sneaky wiki update

• Great update! Glad to see droprates go back up, and reward pvp

• @Holya said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.2):

@Prometheus
    Did the comparative drop chance of items change, or just the overall chance for an item from each pool increased? Also are you willing to specify universal/specific drop rates from bosses? oL

Just overall:

alt text

All info are on the Artifacts page on the wiki!

• FOUNDER: DUKE

Really great patch, the only thing missing is a resolution for red player, because the new reward system will bring probably everyone to kill other people just for money, probably even guildmate LOL

• @Meziljin said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.2):

Really great patch, the only thing missing is a resolution for red player, because the new reward system will bring probably everyone to kill other people just for money, probably even guildmate LOL

No money from killing guildmates and same-party members ;) By "resolution" you mean a way to lower one's kill count?

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Prometheus exactly, or more a faction system or something like to allow people to kill someone because its an ENEMY, not just a red player...
    Actually remain the little problem of blue players that come into dungeons waiting ppl inside attack them for first (avoiding in this way to kill for first)

I call them the "smurf ninjas" :)

• @Prometheus
    I've always liked the killboards from EVE, especially ISK efficiency. I would give butthole in exchange for a metric that shows Argents won/lost from PVP on my character sheet.

Edit: https://beta.eve-kill.net/character/1686741718/stats/
    alt text

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

@Prometheus
    remember to upload the latest client version on the site please I really want to play today.

• I can't keep a connection for more than a couple of minutes.

Also, I can't run my client fullscreen anymore.

Edit. No longer disconnecting, but it freezes for about 20 seconds and then I rubberband.

Could you explain how to get the Steam username and password to merge the accounts?

Also now hotkeys and settings buttons don't work and it keeps popping up with the newbie instructions even when I close it. Meh. I'll check back tomorrow

• for the DEVS
    always remeber that by making the loot easyer your making the loot worth less

@Elddath it works now

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.