After three weeks playing...

• I like the game but i have tons of problems to join and get fun with it. Game is too much unbalanced, just mages everywhere and 0 options to play to other "classes", as melee its a Benny Hill gag, marksman have not burst like mages, and ofc the 100% of people i fought were mages (0 maulers or severers, and martial artist are impossible to see). Now blessing items is a hard work to noob players less scrolls and tons of money needed(lots of ppl will leave when they see the game and his players just play to fuck them). I did 9 or 10 pvp fights since 1st day playing and 4 times i was killed because stucked in the transition area( no move no atack just see how the mage kills you free thanks to a bug), the other ones just 1 shoted from a mage (with 70% resistances). When you die in the volcano area 90% of querubins are stucked in rocks or lava pools. 100 points in some magic school gives you tons of spells and diferent effects to diferent stuations but the other skills gives you shit (90% of players being mages its a fact).Metal armors are useless because you just fight mages, and you can't improve the items like tailoring, a mage just need to get tons of mods from cloth and level alteration to be a tank with insane dps, melee and marksman atacks fail a lot of times but spells are free dmg with 100% of accuracy. The game is fustrating to new players and i really think i'm done with the game.

• I played this game since 2012,and i always used mauling on pve server and now in pvp,before all the buffs to sorcery mauling aka melle pvp fights were kinda fun,but now that sorcery is buffed with every update its all about mages,and even if u have all max elemental resistances as melle u wont have much chance,plus mage can with blink spell even crippled be on other side of map from u in yust seconds,its really stupid how much effort devs added to cater to sorcery users who can kill u in 2 shots now and they did nothing for over a year to improve melle,it gives me no joy to log in no more.

• meele damage on mages need to be as high as posible, robes and cloth cant take more than 2 swings to drop dead, where is the balancing, BTW try to use STUN ;D, i know mages where OP onthis game ;D, thats why i choose meele and swordfighter ;D

• Hey bro! even VEN players need 2 Mages to kill My marksman xD no one mage can 1v1 kill me. So any Class its very good just need to be skilled.

• You're forgetting that mage was largely useless for a couple of years, so of course they would get buffed. I'm pretty sure if you go back further in the forums youll find a similar post to this except with the word "mage" replaced with "archer".

Now you see, you say mage is op, and that it can one shot you with 70 resists. Thats just not true, max thunderbolt hit is like 48 on geared players.

Before I explain the reality of mage vs archer I need to make this clear Melee characters need some serious buffs

Now let me explain to you newer players.

1. At first glance mage may seem OP, because of its insane damage, but that damage is EASILY negated by resists.
    2. A geared archer with low armor impairment can easily outdps a mage with acid caster/charged bow ethereal precision spam.
    3. The only reason mage is better than an archer is its ability to reposition itself with blink.
    4. Archer and melee's can easily fit spiritualism into their builds. Meaning they can have a longer cc chain than mages. (And being cc'd is the only way youll die)
    5. Mage damage can be interrupted VERY easily, with griffon or mage spirits, although this is countered by cast speed.

TL;DR: Mage is a good noobstomper, only good b/c of blink. Only slightly better than an archer. Melee sucks needs buffs

PS: @vorgoth333 you got 2v7d kid just shut up everybody knows you're trash. Even your guildies must know you're delusional by now. Also nobody should die in a 1v1 unless you play linkrealms by smashing your head against the keyboard, 2 people are needed minimum to kill anybody.

• @Huldrag said in After three weeks playing...:
    100 points in some magic school gives you tons of spells and diferent effects to diferent stuations but the other skills gives you shit

Like poisoning. The poising runs out on your weapon too quickly and reapplying it in combat is such a pain. Waste of a skill unless it's crafting alt.

• Hi @Huldrag, the next Linkrealms patch (coming next week) contains a small balancing pass for the current Melee Warrior VS Mage situation. I call it small because it doesn't add new spells or battle tactics, it "just" revises some base values and formulas on both sides - so it will actually have quite an impact on PvP! It will also contain a rebalancing of bless scrolls drops - the low-level ones can be a bit more common and better distributed now that using them costs argents. I'm sure this will be satisfying to you and to all players annoyed by the current weakness of melee warriors! Stay with us a little longer! :)

@vorgoth333 @Myhal one Infraction Point for both of you. Stop this meaningless arguing in every discussion. @vorgoth333 I'm referring to you in particular, since you're often the one starting it.

• @Myhal OHHHH YOU GOT AN INFRACTION POINT BEFORE ME, GET REKT. THIS IS SO UNEXPECTED. pls don't infration me for this prom ;c

• You call me liar when i say i get deleted from a mage with 70% fire and shock resistances. It's fustrating to be deleted by a mage and when you work in your gear, looking for nice pieces and farming to bless it, you just get deleted from the same mage. I have poisoning, it's a fucking joke but a mage with poisoning deletes you with auto aim and 100% accuracy. You are all mages, because mages are kinda op, but you come to call me liar. Vorgoth, if you can fight mages is because you are full of artifacts. And guys i don't talk only about mages. You know how fustrating is being killed because you char is stucked in a map transition? IN all this time played i just see the same 4 or 5 player and all are just veteran players ganking and stealing noob players like me, it's so lame, they just teleport to all the dungeons to gank them. The game just exist to fed the ego of veteran players, and now with the bless system we are 100%% fucked. The game mechanics and bugs and the abuse of new players from the veterans explains why nobody plays linkrealms. Just read Steam reviews, 2 friend of mine droped the game because in just 2 days of play the were permaganked for full build players, and the other friends i tried to convince to play just read steam reviews to refuse to play, and steam reviews just talk about harassment and veteran abuse. You just need to read the 80% of posts where the same players that ganked you all the time are flaming or fighting between them. SO good bya to all, maybe in the future with new patch or a better community my friends and i come back to play.

• Mages do frost, fire, lightning, ethereal, poison and pure damage. However, if you had capped lightning/fire, his spells shouldn't have been able to global you, or anywhere near close. Could you describe the rotation/chain they were using? It might legitimately be a bug.

I'd point out that the way Linkrealms works with counter gear, it should be very easy for you to fight these players/teams. There are 3-4 ways to hard counter mages, especially effective in 1v1s(even if nobody should die in a 1v1 still).

On a side note, who were the people outside of VAN ganking you? I've not noticed any other active PKers, excluding FIA which is new.

• @Huldrag sometimes ago archer with spiritualism was considered the best, now they have made efforts to rebalance giving the mage the possibility to strike back .
    2 months ago there were 1-2 mages...
    i agree that something should be done for warriors with melee weapons.
    Someone told me that if a melee has a ping too high, maybe it 's better to him to switch to archery. I think there should more possibilities for warriros.i don't know maybe introducing shields or something like that to protect themselves from arrows or spells ..
    but also it is important the possibility to attack...

the choice of the build should be indipendent from the ping .

• @Dreworok I liked where mage was 2 months ao. They had the very specific role of stomping the enemy's poorly geared players, debuffing enemies so they were force to build less HP to keep spirit up, poisoning, and walling. Having a mage was a huge upside to any team, even if the utility they brought wasn't all that big if you didn't have DPS(archers) to back it up.

If you pretend Linkrealms is turn based, and math it out melee is already better than archers when played very well. That said, I'm unsure if it's possible to play a warrior very well right now due to desync. It was pretty bad before, even for people with low ping, but I haven't gotten the chance to have somebody with <50 ping screenshare two accounts since the desync update.

• u blame desync for only wariors weakness,but u forget that as a warior u have to have etlist 20 superior accuracy to not miss every hit plus u have to be right on top of your target to even swing with your wepon,but sure none of u played warrior so u dont know better.

• @Gorstak
    more mobile damage, more CC, more DPS, more burst than archers.
    I get the feeling Prom is going to get pissy and call this flaming, but it's actually just an accurate representation of the situation: you're just bad. You don't use your combos correct, you never switch weapons, you don't use counter gear, you don't attack the right targets. Your opinion is not well founded.

Mage is indeed overpowered right now, but I doubt many people actually understand why. A large part of it is end game stat optimization, but you literally can't kill naked mages who are actively trying to kill you back(not kiting, because they don't have completely mobile damage). When played well, prior to the last patch especially, a warrior can do very, very well and is useful to a team. The mage has sorta taken the role, but they were exceptional gankers.

• This post is deleted!

• @Prometheus lol ok, but im just trying to tell my guildies that Marksman isnt that weak like they think.

• @vorgoth333 if you actually bothered to read my post you would see I was explaining how archer is still good

• @Holya said in After three weeks playing...:

@Gorstak
    more mobile damage, more CC, more DPS, more burst than archers.
    I get the feeling Prom is going to get pissy and call this flaming, but it's actually just an accurate representation of the situation: you're just bad. You don't use your combos correct, you never switch weapons, you don't use counter gear, you don't attack the right targets. Your opinion is not well founded.

Mage is indeed overpowered right now, but I doubt many people actually understand why. A large part of it is end game stat optimization, but you literally can't kill naked mages who are actively trying to kill you back(not kiting, because they don't have completely mobile damage). When played well, prior to the last patch especially, a warrior can do very, very well and is useful to a team. The mage has sorta taken the role, but they were exceptional gankers.

sure that is why u in all betas were using archer cas it was better than warior and now ur using mage cas hes better than both,and then u scule me how i should play warior,do me a favior and play as warior then talk like u know something about it.

• @Gorstak I played an archer because I've 350 ping, and as an archer I essentially had a two tile range instead of negative three. A mauler would've been much better forthe role I wanted to play, if I could avoid desync.

• @Huldrag said in After three weeks playing...:

2 friend of mine droped the game because in just 2 days of play the were permaganked for full build players, and the other friends i tried to convince to play just read steam reviews to refuse to play, and steam reviews just talk about harassment and veteran abuse. You just need to read the 80% of posts where the same players that ganked you all the time are flaming or fighting between them. SO good bya to all, maybe in the future with new patch or a better community my friends and i come back to play.

I hope you're still around, I've just contacted you in private, it should not be possible for your friends to be "permaganked" in the first 2 days thanks to the legal zone. Also, I wasn't aware the stuck at transition bug was so frequent, it will be fixed in the next patch for sure!

On a side note, we've already taken measures against forum flaming.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.