Number of players are decreasing very quickly

• Well, since i started to play i noticed that the number of player online is decreasin... normally at morning was 21 on, now onlt 15 and keep on dropping .... in weekends the nuber goes to 50 -40 but far away from 60 that had on the steam launch. Please do SOMETHING or this game will be Monster vs Monster.

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

The complicated and knowing the future of the game with this fall of players,
    But I believe that the company has something in mind to solve this

• FOUNDER: DUKE

it's normal, after the free release its obvious the number will decrease because we got a bunch of curious players who tested games and disliked it (everyone have personal tastes), so what is remaining is the new community who liked game and is remaining....
    ofc something to more advertising could be done...

• advertising on the right places its a must, old UO players should post on the old comunities to get some ExUO coplayers come and stay, like me ;D

• Mannnnn, u are not getting the point... my guild that have 20 players arre stopping to play because of bugs and the long wait for a GOOD balance.. today i loged and i saw only 4 players ON, on this time usuaaly have 17

honestly if u are awaiting for fix daily, change game, because staff is really small and cannot pursue a professional development like great software house :)

generally patch take weeks or months...

• This game shouldnt be advertisized as exuo or new uo to old uo players cas this game has alot diffrent things than uo,and then those old uo players get alienated toward this game thinking this is better uo,it already happened and its wrong propaganda by players.

• @Ralcane said in Number of players are decreasing very quickly:

Well, since i started to play i noticed that the number of player online is decreasin... normally at morning was 21 on, now onlt 15 and keep on dropping .... in weekends the nuber goes to 50 -40 but far away from 60 that had on the steam launch. Please do SOMETHING or this game will be Monster vs Monster.

Hi Ralcane! Part of the reason for this is that we have temporarily stopped advertising waiting to launch our first Update Visibility Round on Steam after Valve is done updating the way they work (since they're almost ineffective as of today). (Valve says) they should be done very soon, so we'll run the Update Visibility Round and (Valve says) we should be able to reach most Steam players who have tried Linkrealms in the past with it. Together with the Update Visibility Round we have also planned other marketing campaigns (social media, banners, youtube) to gain momentum.

That being said, could you tell us what are the bugs and balancing issues that annoyed your guild the most? That'd be extremely helpful!

• @Prometheus Well, the thing that annoyed us, were mages skills, we tried to pursue a guy yesterday and the dude just blinked away 3 maps in less than 5 secs... than he returned and killed us very quickly.. i had a plent resist to magic and phisical too(60+%) and a big hp (160) with nether oath, the guy killed me with 4 spells. Plus i'm warrior, i coun't reach him to hit, basically my aprty got stomped by one mage, we were a warrior(me), a archer and a mage(that tried to help us but got one shoted).... That really put us on a BAD mood.

• come on devs, put that shields on the game, and let them "cast" reflect magic each 3 seconds ;D as a weapon stamina move; D

• @Ralcane said in Number of players are decreasing very quickly:

@Prometheus Well, the thing that annoyed us, were mages skills, we tried to pursue a guy yesterday and the dude just blinked away 3 maps in less than 5 secs... than he returned and killed us very quickly.. i had a plent resist to magic and phisical too(60+%) and a big hp (160) with nether oath, the guy killed me with 4 spells. Plus i'm warrior, i coun't reach him to hit, basically my aprty got stomped by one mage, we were a warrior(me), a archer and a mage(that tried to help us but got one shoted).... That really put us on a BAD mood.

Yes, the issue with Blink has already been fixed, ready to go live in this week's patch together with a TON of other balancing fixes. The fixes also include the spell that (I guess) the guy used to kill you - Murky Ooze, which deals pure damage (= damage that ignores the victim's armor):

http://wiki.linkrealms.com/view/Murky_Ooze

Most of the other changes are specifically targeted at making melee warriors more effective (both in DPS and in CC/disable/debuff). How did the mage in your team get one-shot anyway?

• @Prometheus what did you do to my precious murky ooze?

• @Prometheus good job Prometheus now mage will have no reliable damage. Its not like they have a second and a half to run away while its casted. Gr8 game.

• Thanks god, that uncountered poison its very op -50% poison resistance and pure damage LOL Even with 100% poison resistance it does alot of damage. xD

Sadly i wont use this =( alt text

• Murky ooze is good for killing poorly skilled, reasonably geared players. It being overpowered is more a question of if you want to balance around skill, or around gear.

Promethus hasn't announced the change to murky yet, so it might be minimal/insignificant, or made up for with other buffs. That said, I'm definitely in the camp that assumes mages are going to get over nerfed for the sake of balancing around bad players.

I just wish this weren't happening around a tournament, so it could be decided by who's best, instead of who's luckiest enough to have the correct build/corresponding gear. :/

• @Prometheus Green Oozy its also OP!! -50% poison resistance seriously? so that means 125 Endurance = 0% after Green oozy, or having 70% poison resistance its useless also its reduced to 20%. So that is uncounterable. Glad i have my 2 warriors ready for next patch =)

• Holya and Myhal you are so child.... Only think on you??? I ask one of players in my guild with the conjuration 115* and the guys killed me with 5 Oozys ( I used a Mutant juice One time) so yes THIS SHI IS OP.
    BTW u said Murky Ooze for low geared people??? 60% resist in ALL stats is low level geared to u? with 160 life????? Really ..... u are the only ppl that got banned ... now i know why... u abuse of every bug on this game

• @Prometheus we don't know .... we got too surprised with all those facts that we not notice what killed him.. sorry for the lack of information

@Ralcane said in Number of players are decreasing very quickly:

Holya and Myhal you are so child.... Only think on you??? I ask one of games in my guild with the conjuration 115* and the guys killed me with 5 Oozys ( I used a Mutant juice One time) so yes THIS SHI IS OP.
    BTW u said Murky Ooze for low geared people??? 60% resist in ALL stats is low level geared to u? with 160 life????? Really ..... u are the only ppl that got banned ... now i know why... u abuse of every bug on this game

Even the Newcomers understood about Holya LOL

You are famous around the world :)

• The big problem with mage is not the damage but the cast time and the stoneskin spell.
    With the stoneskin spell a mage can easy destroy any melee player with no problem. The only problem for a mage is the amount of mana.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.