Mauler Magic Weapon

• I'm building a mauler with some sorcery skills but i noticed that there is only 1 magic weapon for maulers, the morning star, and no artifact for maulers with magic weapon.
    Can you introduce more magic weapon for maulers?

• FOUNDER: DUKE

its a good point, actually severing have an enormous number of magic weapon and even artifacts....

• @Sion-Noxifer said in Mauler Magic Weapon:

I'm building a mauler with some sorcery skills but i noticed that there is only 1 magic weapon for maulers, the morning star, and no artifact for maulers with magic weapon.
    Can you introduce more magic weapon for maulers?

Hi Sion, Magic Weapon is a random modifier like any other (such as Damage Increase, Fire Burst Chance, etc). You have an equal chance to find it on all melee weapons, disregarding their type. You probably looted more Severing weapons and only one Mauling weapon (a Morning Star) with it, but that was just by chance.

The fact no Mauling artifacts have it, on the other hand, is true. This is because Mauling weapons are very slow, thus not suggested for a Mage/Warrior hybrid who doesn't have a great AGI. I mean, you can do it and definitely do good thing with it, but it won't work as good...

• mauls has the "STUN" movement, great for disabling ;D

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Prometheus ???

From what i know, magic weapon can be rolled ONLY on one-handed weapon, and severing have a lot more than mauling, or i'm wrong?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Meziljin said in Mauler Magic Weapon:

@Prometheus ???

From what i know, magic weapon can be rolled ONLY on one-handed weapon, and severing have a lot more than mauling, or i'm wrong?

I've only seen one magic maul through any doungeon it was so trash that the garbage can didn't even want it. I can find more sever weps that have then anything else

• @Prometheus i finde 5 morning-star with magic weapon and no other mauler weapon with it

@Meziljin only 1 handed weapons can have the magic weapon mod that is correct

@Clavicus said in Mauler Magic Weapon:

@Meziljin only 1 handed weapons can have the magic weapon mod that is correct

Not many one handed mauls. 80% of the severing wepons are. I get it that mauls are generally two handed but it would be nice if the high end mauls would have a slight chance to have it

• I've indeed given you a superficial reply and I've been scolded by our game designer - sorry guys ;) Yes, Mauling has mostly 2-handed weapons, so it's hard to find some with the Magic Weapon modifier. This was a specific choice taken to push players towards faster weapons which are more appropriate for a hybrid.

Hopefully we'll be able to implement shields and real differences between 1-handed and 2-handed weapons soon. If so, we might let the Magic Weapon modifier be rolled on all melee weapons. For now, however, the suggestion is really to pick Severing for a good hybrid and not Mauling.

@Prometheus said in Mauler Magic Weapon:

I've indeed given you a superficial reply and I've been scolded by our game designer - sorry guys ;) Yes, Mauling has mostly 2-handed weapons, so it's hard to find some with the Magic Weapon modifier. This was a specific choice taken to push players towards faster weapons which are more appropriate for a hybrid.

Hopefully we'll be able to implement shields and real differences between 1-handed and 2-handed weapons soon. If so, we might let the Magic Weapon modifier be rolled on all melee weapons. For now, however, the suggestion is really to pick Severing for a good hybrid and not Mauling.

I can't remember where I seen it but I remember seeing someone post about shields. @prometheus would it be easier to add a spiritual shield to list of spiritualism possibilities. Instead of making item slots. Could make it last day a full minute or two. Something to give mele users an edge against sorcery

• @Aries that edge should reflect any harmfull damage to the source, "magic mirror" :D

@jymnils said in Mauler Magic Weapon:

@Aries that edge should reflect any harmfull damage to the source, "magic mirror" :D

Not quite main idea behind it would be helpful in pvp but also useful in doungeon runs. Gotta be an up side and down side to this add to make it worth while

• @Aries the reason we've implemented the difference between 1-handed and 2-handed weapons is exactly because we want to eventually introduce shields. Definitely not in Spiritualism tho, that skill is already very versatile and effective against mages too thanks to the disrupting power of summons :)

• @Prometheus
    The problem doesn't lie so much in the fact that two-handed weapons don't have magic, it's the fact they don't have range. For that matter, doesn't appear any weapon has more than a 1 space reach.
    Which I fear is why magic is so much greater.

You need to add Hybrid style Magics for those who wish to rock Melee, and have a magical spell/ability that extends the reach to 3 spaces. This way it's more viable for melee'ers to fight two magical based players blinking and earthquaking.
    As well as two handed weapons should have an automatic 1 space additional reach, and Polearms should reach this as well(such as battlestaves.)

If you can add the ability to Reach with a magical ability, that makes sense. Considering at 125 agi/125str - I have a few points left to pick into wis/int - I don't personally see the psi being all that useful personally for my play style, but do find magic buff for Might and Insight a huge bonus, especially considering these are FIRST level spells that give a hell of a boost to any meleer who wants to standa gainst the most OP mages that play.

• Also, please find a way to remove people using two clients at one time, this is just to unfair. Seeing more and more people using it. Quite sad in the pvp server.
      Find a way to limit players based on IP.
      My only side note.

• @Prometheus said in Mauler Magic Weapon:

@Aries the reason we've implemented the difference between 1-handed and 2-handed weapons is exactly because we want to eventually introduce shields. Definitely not in Spiritualism tho, that skill is already very versatile and effective against mages too thanks to the disrupting power of summons :)

This is probably not the right place to ask this, but are shields the only offhand items on the works, or is there any hope for dual wielding?

• i HOPE there is hope for leting bouth hands free to hold anything, that will be the return of one of the most incredible clasess of al time the Dual shielding ;D, first and best tank of all

no im not joking ;D

• @Brennon @jymnils there's hope for duel wielding too, but further ahead in time. Hardly any for "dual shielding" :laughing:

• @Prometheus said in Mauler Magic Weapon:

@Brennon @jymnils there's hope for duel wielding too, but further ahead in time. Hardly any for "dual shielding" :laughing:

come one Prom, be original, people want real tanks ;D bigguer stronguer ;D, the dual shielding born on tibia and was very popular on raiding until they patched; D

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.