Release 08 - Minor Update (8.3)

• Hi everyone,

this patch is largely focused on improving PvP balancing and completing some missing combat features.

Most of the positive changes are target at the class now widely considered underpowered (and definitely underused at high levels): the melee warrior. The base DPS of weapons has been increased, and several melee Battle Tactics are now much more effective.

All the Death Effects of Spiritualism spirits have been implemented, and some of the existing ones have been revamped. Lockpicking is now a working skill (thus out of the global skill cap) to allow everyone to build effective PvP/PvE characters.

Last but not least, several other minor but very impactful balancing changes have been implemented.

Below is a detailed description of the patch.

CHANGES

1 - The base DPS of Severing/Mauling weapons has been increased by around 20%, while the base DPS of all crossbows has been increased by around 5-10%. For crossbows and Mauling weapons, the better DPS comes mostly from base damages being raised. For Severing weapons, it comes mostly from base speeds being raised.

2 - The damage done by Burst modifiers (Fire/Ice/Shock/Poison/Ethereal Burst Chance) and all abilities using them (e.g. Spiritual Weapon) has been decreased by 20%.

3 - Several Battle Tactics have been changed / made stronger, as follows:

• Disarm now works against staffs too. It's no longer possible to re-equip a weapon/staff for 4 seconds after being disarmed. A player who has been disarmed cannot be disarmed again within 12 seconds from the moment he has been disarm.
    • Bonus to base damage from Double Edge increased from 150% to 200%.
    • Bleed duration increased from 10 to 12 seconds. Reduction at 100 Endurance decreased from 60% to 50%.
    • Cripple duration increased from 6 to 8 seconds. Reduction at 100 Endurance decreased from 60% to 50%.
    • Lethal Strike now lasts 4 seconds if applied by a ranged weapon and 8 seconds if applied by a melee weapon (instead of always 6). A player/monster cannot be hit by Lethal Strike again for 8 seconds after the effect is over.
    • Hemorrhage duration increased from 14 to 16 seconds. Reduction at 100 Endurance decreased from 60% to 50%.
    • Crush Armor debuff to physical resistances of the target increased from 25% to 30%.
    • Debilitating Strike duration increased from 6 to 8 seconds, swing speed increase debuff removed and damage debuff increased from 40% to 50%. Moreover, damage debuff is no longer applied to final physical damage only, but also to final spell damage. A player/monster cannot be hit by Debilitating Strike again for 8 seconds after the effect is over.
    • Stun duration from the tactic of the same name increased from (2 + STR/75) seconds to (2 + STR/50) seconds.

4 - When you hold a weapon, its Battle Tactics now each have a dedicated button on the left side of the bottom UI.

5 - Mutant Melon Juice is now an alcoholic drink, while heal from Baked Turkeys has been decreased by 35%.

6 - Processed foods and drinks (e.g. juices, baked turkeys) no longer spoil with time.

7 - Blink now has a 8 seconds cooldown after being used.

8 - Lockpicking is now a working skill, therefore no longer included in the stat cap. The paperdoll menu has been adjusted consequentially. Lockpicking is also a lot faster to raise now.

9 - Spirit Death Effects are now triggered only if actively Sacrificed by the caster. They are no longer triggered when the spirit gets killed for other reasons.

10 - Several Spirit Death Effects have been implemented or changed, as follows:

• Warrior: 25-50 Slash Damage to the target (before: 20 Pure damage).
    • Priest: 20 Life restored and stat debuffs removed to the caster (before: 40 hp restored).
    • Burning: 20-40 Fire AOE Explosion. Damage depends on Spiritualism.
    • Killer: applies LVL 1-3 poison to the victim. The level depends on the caster's Spiritualism.
    • Griffon: the next physical attack of the caster within 20 seconds deals an extra 100% of his base damage as Shock damage and stuns the victim for 1.5 seconds (ignores Stun immunity).
    • Minotaur: the caster is granter physical resistances equivalent to those of a full set of Steel armor (without impairment) for 20 seconds.
    • Vampire: the caster is granted 100% life steal when hitting a bleeding opponent for 20 seconds.
    • Wizard: the caster regenerates all stats 4 times faster for 20 seconds. The bonus is removed if the caster receives direct physical/magical damage.

11 - Cripple can now be re-applied on a target that is already crippled.

12 - Murky Ooze now deals Slash Damage instead of Pure Damage. However, the debuff it applies to physical resistances is now stronger (20% at 100 conjuration) and can stack up to 60% with subsequent Murky Ooze casts. The same applies to the debuff to Poison resistance from Green Ooze.

13 - Two small changes for new players: starting tools (e.g. Pickaxe) are now permablessed and it's possible to gain skill points up to level 70 (instead of 50) in town.

14 - All spell icons in the Sorcery menu have been redesigned, together with the layout of the book pages themselves.

FIXES

1 - Endurance skill bonus now correctly adds Poison resistance.

2 - Illusionism and Abjuration skill bonuses can no longer be rolled as random modifiers. They'll be back when the two skills are implemented.

3 - Trying to use heals while hit by Lethal Strike or frozen no longer consumes the item.

4 - The Stamp Mill is now correctly animated and be used only if on the ground.

5 - The Nimble Crossbow, the fastest type of basic crossbow available, now has a correct name and uses the correct model (instead of the Double Crossbow's one). All Assassin Crossbows, which were never meant to exist, have been turned into Nimble Crossbows.

6 - Cap to Spell Damage Increase has been correctly decreased from 40% to 20%. This was meant to be done long ago (as you could have understood from Wiki pages about Sorcery spells), but got left behind.

7 - It's no longer possible to use a pre-cast Blink spell when frozen, stunned or rooted.

Let us known what you think and enjoy Linkrealms!

• FOUNDER: DUKE

i think its a good one patch

but surely now critics will fall down like the snow in my country :(

• alt text

Wasn't summer in your country?

• @Holya @Meziljin let's not spam in here and stick to commenting the patch please :)

• Finally they listen to reason!!!! Lockpicking is a working skill.

• let the PVPs spam, ill test the patch on the night, but my first observation is about the food

" Processed foods and drinks (e.g. juices, baked turkeys) no longer spoil with time."

i was imprssed by my first spoiled food, then i learned that foods does not spoil on banks safes, may i sugest that foods even the processed have some time (even long) to spoil, not more than 15 days no less than 7

it will add relevance to the cooking skill and of course improve comerce, produce taxes, and human interaction between players, and of course even craftting has 1 more reason to exist.

may i sugest olso the creation of the "exceptional" food, with a 5-10% increase in heals and of course the include of the name of the creator on the item as its done with exceptional armors ;D

any changes to the NPC that dont want to buy armors and some crossbows ?

Commentig the patch:

The most important new is surely about lockpicking, and its quite sad because its a patch focused on pvp balance lol, but all will concentrate on lockpicking changes probably

About the pvp re-balance, hard to comment because the changes are (except rare cases) not so great, NEED to be tested with calm.
    I think a great impact could be seen more on pve than pvp (mauling increased base damage + slayer 200%....omg)
    Increasing speed of severing i think its a GREAT idea, giving the sens of 2 different approach at skill (fast damage but lower or Bigger damage but slower?)

About the trigger death effects on spiritualism, personally i think this skill will die slowly because the newcoming skills and fix are giving the necessity to have stats and skill points focused in other places, but its a my opinion

About the food, i'm having the impression it is focused on giving more importance to cooking and the FOOD (not only drinks) because now people can avoid spend 100 points avoid be drunk and use food as alternative heal, but its only a first step (involving cooking and the processed food must be more important, but this cannot be dissociated by a revamp of cooking self)

• @Prometheus

1. how long do the debuffs from murky/green last?
    2. How does green ooze interact with Minotaur sacrifice?
    3. Did double edge always affect base damage? I thought it was final s:
    4. Is the griffon stun affected by endurance?
    5. Do you intend to give marksman a disarm again?

Whelp, mage isn't a thing anymore, and I don't have the ping to play melee.

Griffon: the next physical attack of the caster within 20 seconds deals an extra 100% of his base damage as Shock damage and stuns the victim for 1.5 seconds (ignores Stun immunity).

Cripple can now be re-applied on a target that is already crippled.

Irrespective of class balance I hate these two changes. It's going to make the side that is statistically more powerful, or more numerous a lot more likely to win. I don't think there are many people that want it to be easy to chase people down. Nobody's going to be able to escape ganks like this, ever.

@Holya What is that "griffon"?
    i haven't found anywhere

• @Meziljin griffon spirit = stacker spirit

• Faster severing weapons doesn't work. All damage modifiers amplify base damage, which means the damage increase is negligible on severing weapons.

• @jymnils the food? This patch changes everything about PvP screw the food :P

So is this a rip for mage domination! Completely screw my build, like its my build that was the purpose of this patch!!! lolz
    Anyways all in all i think that this is a very nice patch that will open the road to completely different playstyles and give divercity to the game. Even if i have to forget my mage thumbs up on this patch!

@Roundwaters i'm not agree

sure the damage modifier is better on mauler than severing, for same reason now severing weapon must pursue a bigger speed

double edge compensate the damage, while the bigger speed allow a different gameplay, and with the increase of the negative status, sever will rule more i think

If a sever cripple a mage, with that fast speed, he can destroy stoneskin and disturbate mage cast with a perma-hit (about)

and criplle can be re-applied now

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

• @Sativao a couple patches ago I suggested mage would be too good, and I believe the BRs suggested I was crying there too,
    Skip forward a few weeks and the tone changes to:
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

I'm not sure if I'm willing to put the effort in to level/gear another character, and convince my friends to switch to the obviously insanely superior class, but give it 2 months. You'll be screaming OP at me again.

• @Sativao @DEAD @Holya stop spamming in this thread now before I have to give out other infraction points.

• PvE server is still offline. This happens almost every update, you guys forget to turn on the PvE server.

• @Roundwaters said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.3):

PvE server is still offline. This happens almost every update, you guys forget to turn on the PvE server.

System updates, it's going to stay down for a while more. Hopefully less than 1h!

• The new tactic display is nice.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.