Release 08 - Minor Update (8.3)

• FOUNDER: DUKE

lol just ended a spider dungeon
    normally i get about 0,2-0,3 lockpicking skill points, now i got 2,3%!!

Lovely :)

• FOUNDER: DUKE

BTw congratulation for the new spell book, its really fair and well done :)

• Best update ever!

• @Holya said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.3):

@Prometheus

1. how long do the debuffs from murky/green last?
    2. How does green ooze interact with Minotaur sacrifice?
    3. Did double edge always affect base damage? I thought it was final s:
    4. Is the griffon stun affected by endurance?
    5. Do you intend to give marksman a disarm again?
    1. 10 seconds, like before.
    2. I guess you meant Murky Ooze. It reduces the resist as usual. So, the Minotaur buff gives you 102% to all resistances (actual value capped to 95%). With max stacked Murky Ooze debuffs, you can reduce that to 42%. With max stacked Murky Oozes debuffs + Crush Armor debuff, you can reduce that to 12% ;)
    3. No, it was always base.
    4. Yes.
    5. I don't think so, it was never meant to be.

Whelp, mage isn't a thing anymore, and I don't have the ping to play melee.

I would wait before getting to such radical conclusions.

Cripple can now be re-applied on a target that is already crippled.

Irrespective of class balance I hate these two changes. It's going to make the side that is statistically more powerful, or more numerous a lot more likely to win. I don't think there are many people that want it to be easy to chase people down. Nobody's going to be able to escape ganks like this, ever.

The Griffon stun is really, really short. The cripple is more significant. We'll see how it plays out. As a crippled mage, you can still precast a blink and use it before you think the enemy wants to cripple you again to jump out of range.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

I feel like this patch is 80% suggestions I've made... Gj. Rip mage? Wth r u ppl talking about lol... Mage imba when fighting anyone with shit or not max resists. I've never once used murky (disregarded as crap apparently I was wrong?) I was hoping this patch would address superiority of cloth gear for melee/archer which it didn't. I haven't read all the spirit effects bit thank God the imba wizard spirit was nerfed.. fighting someone strategically as a mage and raping their spirits because u know the persons psi is low and then having them stat up off a wizard pissed me off. Overall this seems like a good patch. @Prometheus do you see armor impairment being an issue where people are realizing using cloth is superior to high armor impairment?

• @Clavicus Actualy, in the most of mmorpg, mages makes rolls like: support, healer, aoe massive damage, debuffers. Mage in this game was able to do everything existed in mmorpgs like: pvp, pve, aoe massive, buff, debuff, blink, block maps/walls, stun, more stun, affecting all resistances on the game, then please dont cry because mage cant be god anymore, Mage its very useful. Marksman just can summon spirit, auto attack and use battle tactic. its all we can to do xD

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@vorgoth333 I have no idea what you are talking about. Don't reply to me if you don't understand English as I didn't complain anywhere in my post.

@Prometheus I also would like to know if you will give people the opportunity to transfer their lockpicking skill to another character. You've said for months you wouldn't be changing lockpicking to a working skill so a lot of us made alts specifically for the sole purpose of them lockpicking. Also before you tell me lockpicking skill is easier to raise now than it was that's irrelevant. 💩

• @Prometheus said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.3):

@Holya said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.3):

Whelp, mage isn't a thing anymore, and I don't have the ping to play melee.

I would wait before getting to such radical conclusions.

Cripple can now be re-applied on a target that is already crippled.

Irrespective of class balance I hate these two changes. It's going to make the side that is statistically more powerful, or more numerous a lot more likely to win. I don't think there are many people that want it to be easy to chase people down. Nobody's going to be able to escape ganks like this, ever.

The Griffon stun is really, really short. The cripple is more significant. We'll see how it plays out. As a crippled mage, you can still precast a blink and use it before you think the enemy wants to cripple you again to jump out of range.

Meditation is now essential, constitution is now essential, which makes a total of 575-585 skills essential in any mage build, instead of 375-385. Allocation of the remaining 125-135 points would be somehow split between endurance, poisoning, spell defiance, and spiritualism. Spell D to counter other mages/spirits, but that's only a 50% chance per hit to not be interrupted, when you've at minimum 2 spirits and at least one guy casting at your key spells that's near irrelevant. Spiritualism would be near purely for counter slows, but mage just doesn't have enough free stats for psi. Unless they've amazing psi gear that really won't be possible. Personally I'd go with 40-50 poison, and dump the rest into endurance. Alternative, if you've another poisoner on your team 100 endur, dump the rest into spell D. There isn't much of a choice, tbh.

I haven't done the math yet, but it seems reasonable to assume with perma-slow up a melee should have 70-80% up time on a mage, even accounting for a blink every 8 seconds. Far more importantly, their spirits should have at least 50% up time, probably a lot more if they're being set to follow between casts. Purely from a defensive/escapy perspective, mage doesn't have enough mobility to kite, and certainly not enough to rebuff itself with the one spell that makes it viable. When mage doesn't have stoneskin up, it dies. With the buff to crush armor, without stoneskin a mauler should be doing almost pure damage, and they can stun out of their disarm for at least 6-8 seconds of 100% accuracy. Mage will die easily.

From an offensive perspective, the complaints about interrupts are near the same. Mages do less baseline damage than before, need to stack our murky at minimum 3 times before we start doing similar to before, and even when it's stacked there are counters like mino spirit/using heavy armor. Any semi-decent player will never let you stack murky 3 times, then continue casting on them. There are so many ways to stop a mage from hitting you while hitting them, but short of that they could just run in the other direction. A mage won't get off the 5-6 required post-debuff murkies to actually kill somebody ever.

I can maybe see some of the bigger teams that don't need more DPS/CCers running conjur mages purely for crystal walls, but in general mage is utter garbage right now. I will admit there's the potential I missed something, but this isn't hard to predict in the same way the last balance change wasn't hard to predict. Mage used to be almost on par with archer, it has it place, but then archer was massively nerfed, and mage massively buffed. Mage was obviously going to be better. Last patch archer/melee were almost on par with mage, they had their place in a team. Massively nerfing mage, and massively buffing melee will result in the circle of overpower continuing.

Mage is absolute garbage now, and even though perma-slow makes it less ping intensive, I'm not sure if I can play melee.

• Too much drama, i still can duo tartaros in 1 hour with my invocation mage. im using the 3 classes to solo everything on game. Im ok with characters =)

• @vorgoth333 we've soloed tart in less than half that time. Kinda irrelevant to a PVP discussion tho

• No one here its discussing. just you. Also this is a patch info thread, if u want to be part of the LR staff just ask prometheus to join them =)

• Loving the update so far. Lockpicking change allowed me to add poisoning to my build.

Any plans to make the reagents able to be grown as crops? That'd give me a whole new reason to expand my farm.

• good work with melee buff but why crossbows? crossbows didnt need to be buffed, they have range, great dmg/atkspd and great abilities.

on the other side i dont like the new blink. blink is crucial for mages...
    imho:
    blink 10tiles = OP
    blink with CD = death

my suggestion is blink 4 or 5 tiles + 1 tile evry 20 alteration points

why? because mages need so many skillpoints:
    do u want op dmg with ooze+poison? 100conj&100poisoning
    do u want blink to escape/gank? 100 alteration
    +sorcery
    +spelldef
    +endu
    +meditation
    +staff/martial/magicweapon
    +con?

in this way mages can use different builds and different strategies,
    in addition try to buff some other spells that now are useless like invocation aoedmg or just area of effect (as meteorstorm, hailstorm) or conjuration firefield and ring of fire or disintegrate/combustion dmg for alteration. in this case there will be more options and more magebuilds that can will be used.
    i dont like poison mage but now it is the only viable way for mages(pvp) and yes it is op, (i think the lv5poison probability should be reduced) but do u remember when 90% of players were archers? ok poison mage need a debuff but dont massively nerf it or mages will be again useless and repeat, i dont like poison mage and i hope will be other viable builds for pvp mages with next changes.

... and take in mind that with this patch, a mage without stoneskin up is a veryvery quickly dead mage.

( ps: sorry for my bad english :P )

• so what,warior without nether oat vs mage is dead to and why should only mage have a way to easy escape and other class no,

• @Gorstak because they're magical uWu

• @Gorstak warriors have permacripple now xD and i like it. and blink with tiles<10 isnt an easy escape unless u have 100 alteration with my suggestion, but if u have 100 alteration too u cant have some other good stuff.

• @Priapo Blink isnt crucial for mages, there are more alternative and spells to survive being a mage:
    being a Battle mage, spiritualism, gravity its a very nice spell, ice spells to freeze and slow, etc. Having a Mage just to spam blink its very pointless and bored.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.