Development Roadmap To Spring 2017

• Hi everyone,

the new Development Roadmap for Linkrealms has arrived! This time we're giving you a long-term overview on the future of Linkrealms, covering all the major features to be implemented in the next 6 months!

A word of warning: these are only the major upcoming features! Bug fixes, balancing and small additions (like new creatures) are not included!

Enjoy the reading and let us know of your opinion, suggestions, and criticism!

The Auctioneer

Get into the Linkrealms trading system and become a market leader with the help of the Auctioneer!

Auctioneer Preview

By double-clicking on an Auctioneer NPC, you'll be able to give him an order to sell or ask him to buy items for you, freely choosing quantity and price per item. All other players visiting the Auctioneer will then be able to buy/sell a quantity of their choice from your order, and you'll be able to claim the results of the transaction within one month. The Auctioneer won't take any commission for his job!

Region Control

Lead your guild to the dominion over the land of Syndesia with the new Region Control System!

With the Region Control System, the world will be expanded and split into several regions, each one featuring a unique realm (or group of realms), labeled Government Seat.

Each seat will become available for conquest at specific times, called conquest time windows. During the time window, any guild will be able to battle for the control of the seat. Once the time window is over, the winning guild will keep the incontestable control of the seat until the time window is opened again. The mechanics for seizing control of the seat and the frequency of time windows will vary according to the region.

The guild who controls the seat controls the whole region, and is rewarded for certain activities that take place in it. For instance, it could seize a percentage from the argents of all creatures who get killed in the area!

Hotbar

The hotkey system of Linkrealms isn't poor, it but lacks a couple key features, such as the possibility of using and equipping specific items. Moreover, it's not really intuitive for new players. That's why we are giving the game a modern Hotbar with a standard drag & drop functionality for adding items and spells and re-bindable shortcuts!

Hotbar Preview

The 4 bars (life/stamina/mana/psi) will be moved in the top-left corner of the screen and made taller and easier to read, too!

Abjuration & Illusionism

Abjuration is a Sorcery school bound to add a huge tactical component to playing a Mage character. It includes spells that grant protection (or even immunity) from certain sources of damage for the caster and his allies, and allows removing combat enhancements, spell protections and magical effects from the opponents.

Illusionism is another feature-rich Sorcery school that allows a mage to conceal himself and change his shape and identity. Plus, it allows him to hurt his opponents by altering their senses, blinding, deafening and haunting them with terrifying visions that look real enough to hurt them.

Alchemy

The world could use even more resources drops, and character templates could use more secondary skills besides Rogue skills and the ever-present Spiritualism. The mixed crafting-combat skill Alchemy will be the first answer!

Empower and heal your character through a wide range of potions, or debilitate your opponent by throwing nasty substances at him! Beware though: only an expert alchemist will be able to use complex potions!

Daily Quests

Every day a new challenge, every day a chance to discover (or re-discover) new locations of Syndesia with a unique twist. Give a warm welcome to Daily Quests!

Daily Quests will be assigned by one of the upcoming High Officials of each town, and will be customized for each player. They will range from quite easy and concentrated in a single location to complex and touching different regions. The hardest ones will reward you with a very valuable prize never given out so far: credits for the Item Store!

Crafting Contracts

This one is a carryover from the previous roadmap. We are going to revamp Tailoring Contracts to create a system through which players with different tailoring expertise can obtain appropriate rewards. Moreover, we're changing how Dusts work, and making it easier to obtain the best ones. Last but not least, we'll add contracts for Blacksmithing too!

• why not add sell tab to existing npc traders so that we can sell our stuff directly at our realm houses,it would be more interestng,instead having allat one place?

• FOUNDER: DUKE

wonderful news!!!! but im quite scared about the time duration and contents... ONLY these things in 6 months? or these are only the core features ?

• @Gorstak said in Development Roadmap To Spring 2017:

an sell our stuff directly at our realm houses

not at all, red players does not deserver to access global services, the item stack and capacity of this game is so huge how dificult is to teleport to a city and sell

• @Meziljin said in Development Roadmap To Spring 2017:

wonderful news!!!! but im quite scared about the time duration and contents... ONLY these things in 6 months? or these are only the core features ?

They're the core features, obviously. They don't include bug fixes, balancing, events, and so on. I'll specify that in the post!

@jymnils I think @Gorstak meant having Vendor NPCs in realms, like Ultima Online. We've considered that approach, but it would not work in Linkrealms, because you can't own a house in a safe location, and there can't be a lot of houses next to each other, so going on a "shopping run" would be a major pain for the average player.

• Hello Prom i updated my sugestion post here http://forums.linkrealms.com/topic/3891/sugestions-for-future-developing/13 but i guess this things can be fix on the way of the next big patch
    Some Minor fixes that need to be taked care ASAP

1. guild chat button 2x its size for easy click
    2. "sell all" button o the npc sell interface
    3. few MUST have Macros
      a) Use Item "X" on Item "Y" this way teleporting to a map location will be a breezze
      b) Use Item "X" this will on some way cover the quipment macro we all need
      c) Repeat Key "X" "Y" Interval this will help doing crafting macros or mining
    4. full screen map
    5. share map location
    6. Alchemy should be a Subset of cooking

• @Prometheus said in Development Roadmap To Spring 2017:

Region Control

Lead your guild to the dominion over the land of Syndesia with the new Region Control System!

With the Region Control System, the world will be expanded and split into several regions, each one featuring a unique realm (or group of realms), labeled Government Seat.

Each seat will become available for conquest at specific times, called conquest time windows. During the time window, any guild will be able to battle for the control of the seat. Once the time window is over, the winning guild will keep the incontestable control of the seat until the time window is opened again. The mechanics for seizing control of the seat and the frequency of time windows will vary according to the region.

The guild who controls the seat controls the whole region, and is rewarded for certain activities that take place in it. For instance, it could seize a percentage from the argents of all creatures who get killed in the area!

So, I only care about prestige and combat effectiveness. Will there be rewards other than Argents/misc? I'd lovelovelove dungeon teleportation nodes to be contestable o:

Also could(if you've decided yet) you go into more detail about how these nodes will be contested? I'm not sure if I need to pull some of my guys out of other guilds/build our team fighting composition around it.

Crafting Contracts

This one is a carryover from the previous roadmap. We are going to revamp Tailoring Contracts to create a system through which players with different tailoring expertise can obtain appropriate rewards. Moreover, we're changing how Dusts work, and making it easier to obtain the best ones. Last but not least, we'll add contracts for Blacksmithing too!

Kinda feelin' like I wasted those 30k beads I spent trying(and failing) to get gear for the tourny. Would also love elaboration here, if you've decided yet.

• Yummy Yummy Yummy! Thats all!
    All of the features here where on my mind and i was gona make suggestion thread for these soon. I m really happy with this!

Illusionism hell yeah! Looks like what my severer needed. Auction house hell yeah! The game feels akward without it! Dailies hell yeah! I already mentioned this in a post of mine!

Alchemy was needed from the start MMOs without it miss a lot of stuff. Will there be any mana/psi regen potions? They seem to be missing and i believe they will give way to new builds that implement sorcery/spirit without so much meditation/concentration which would be amazing cause those stats points are invaluable and on every build i find that i m missing 100 points.. always need 100 more lolz.

Now about the region control! I was about to make fun of @Holya here cause when i read it i was sure he would start tremble in his chair from excitement but he already made his comments :P Just a heads up. Tartaros will be mine :P :P Lolz

• Very good news!! Good Job! @Prometheus

• Yea all new features are great,but no matter how many features or content is in this game i personally dont have eny desire to log in when i see thers 15-20 or less players in game,so what i really would like to see are more players etlist 50.

• remember of switch of characters with associated hotkeys in setting... it's very important for a normal game.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus roadmap seems pretty sweet. I too am curious about more info on the region control. Dfuw utilized a system like this where there were specifically control points that after x time you could fight over / claim and connect territories for higher % drop chances in territories and would be rewarded items that drop in that area however you would have to still claim the rewards which in and of itself would be a fight.
    It would be cool if for instance you had a better arty drop chance if you control that area with a dungeon etc.

Dfuw would be a really good game to use ideas from pvp wise for this game.

• @Gorstak said in Development Roadmap To Spring 2017:

Yea all new features are great,but no matter how many features or content is in this game i personally dont have eny desire to log in when i see thers 15-20 or less players in game,so what i really would like to see are more players etlist 50.

Gorstack, I think you mentioned the most important thing that must be fixed! This game is awesome and none knows about it. Actually this falls on the community along with dev team. I believe we are the ones with the power to share. I think we need separate post for all of us active ppl in here, so we can discuss how we can promote this by ourselves.

• @Holya we still have to decide what the exact rewards will be. Certainly there will be a "prestige" factor in it as well - it could be a custom title, or it could be displayed on the (new) global map. Unlikely something that will make your characters more powerful.

We won't change the way beads affect crafted pieces. We'll change the way they are obtained (balancing-wise) and used (consumed directly at crafting time rather than having to use them on materials first).

@Clavicus we'll give more infos on the region control when all has been decided :)

• @Prometheus this is super subjective, and I suspect most people like the gambly way it is, but I really dislike chance. I'm a steady progression guy. Watching XP/Rep/whatever bars slowly go up towards a goal/reward is super enjoyable compared to hoping for a 0.1% drop, even if I get lucky and it drops for me immediately.

With that in mind, after spending tens of thousands of beads, I've not gotten an item above 70-75% total potential stat value, and after probably 15-20k items crafted I've never even gotten an item with the perfect stat types on it. I suspect even if the rate at which one can farm beads is increased(current ~5-10k/hour), the likelihood of getting a perfect item from tailoring is so low as to be irrelevant.

I'd prefer there be less welfare gear in the game(lightning staff, acid caster, etc), so even if it still takes like 250-500 hours of solid grinding for a single piece I'd really appreciate a direct, measurable way to a perfect piece. The alternative spending 8 hours grinding beads, crafting 100 enchanted items and statistically making no progress is super unappealing to me personally.

• @Holya said in Development Roadmap To Spring 2017:

crafting 100 enchanted items and statistically making no progress is super unappealing to me personally.

i sugested a modification on the crafting that rewards the large times we crafters invest,

• You suckers actually do tailoring beads? HA!

The only thing tailoring is good for is to find a decent item as a drop and enhance it.

• @Roundwaters and only on cloth, even leather crafting is bad as metal,

• This is what's driving away players. All these skills that seem viable for those not in the know, it takes a LOT of grind to find out they're worthless.

• @Roundwaters said in Development Roadmap To Spring 2017:

This is what's driving away players. All these skills that seem viable for those not in the know, it takes a LOT of grind to find out they're worthless.

thats true, i was training hiding until 80 level when i learned that you cant hide been criminal, lol that was like the ice bucklet challenge on surprise ;D

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.