Release 08 - Minor Update (8.4)

• Hi everyone,

the aim of this patch is to improve the visual feedback given to the player's actions in combat situations. For that to be possible, the visualization of damages, healing and special effects has been completely revamped.

Additionally, this patch solves a couple minor balancing issues to ensure a fairer continuation of the Linkrealms Tournament Season One.

Below is a detailed description of the patch.

CHANGES

1 - The visualization of HP changes (damage/healing) has been entirely revamped as follows:

• Numbers are now displayed above the target's head instead of below the target's feet.
    • They move upwards instead of standing still.
    • They are queued so that they never override each other.
    • They are much larger, use a new font, and are colored according to the type of damage.
    • If an attack or a spell deals split damage (e.g. a weapon attack that triggers a proc), different types of damage are now displayed separately.

2 - Special effects like crowd controls, buffs and debuffs no longer trigger long texts on top of the target's head. Instead, they trigger short messages visible to all players which use the same new font and logic of HP changes.

3 - The Death Effect of the Minotaur Spirit no longer raises the caster's physical resistances as if he was wearing a full set of plate armor made of steel. Instead, it adds a shield that absorb up to 80 weapon/fist damage (at 100 spiritualism). The damage absorbed is only that coming from weapon, staff and fist attacks, disregarding its type.

4 - Two other minor balancing changes:

• Duration of the Silence battle tactic reduced from 10s to 8s.
    • Debuff to poison resistance from Green Ooze raised from 20 to 30 (at 100 Conjuration). The cap is still 60.

5 - The Battle Tactics buttons in the bottom UI bar are now grayed out if the player is not skilled enough to activate the tactic, normal if the the user can activate it, and overlaid by a particle if the tactic is active and ready to be used.

6 - The way monster aggroing works has been redesigned. Creatures using a generic AI now stop following their target and head back to their spawn point only if the latter gets more than 16 tiles away. Plus, they will re-acquire the target if the latter comes in range again while they're heading home.

FIXES

1 - Skeletons no longer drop outdated cotton.

2 - The texts of the Tartaros quests that exchange Philosopher Stones for Volcanic Artifacts and the sign that displays the artifacts have been corrected.

3 - Bandit spawn rate in Ravenfeast reduced.

4 - Chain Lightning and Icicles can no longer hit hidden players.

Let us known what you think and enjoy Linkrealms!

• Good, you should change the target selection when we are pvping, because its very hard to keep targeting players when they run away and change of realms.

For mages its very easy because they have targeting spells, but we only has spirit chains. to start attacking faster.

• @vorgoth333 a macro "ATACK" should be added

• @Prometheus said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.4):

4 - Two other minor balancing changes:

• Duration of the Silence battle tactic reduced from 10s to 8s.
    • Debuff to poison resistance from Green Ooze raised from 20 to 30 (at 100 Conjuration). The cap is still 60.

Thats cool :)

Btw get the server up soon! Adict here. I m getting itchy now.... <----- fixed seems client didnt patch correctly before

• its online!

• Debuff to poison resistance from Green Ooze raised from 20 to 30

WHAT? r u seriously? the most 2 op spells are oozes atm and u buff green ooze?????
    endurance is useless if u havent poison resistance.
    poison rasistance capped is useless with -60 to it with ONLY 2 cast of ooze.
    so poison do pure dmg or it is near to do pure dmg.
    no strategy for mages, just cast ooze and poison.
    no options for mages, just cast ooze and poison.
    why u didnt buff other useless spells???

• @Priapo if you get +100% poison resistance and green mage uses green ooze 2 times, your poison resistance will stay at 40%, still its stupid to make a build with 100%+ poison resistance xD

• @vorgoth333 u cant have 100% poison resistance. there is a cap

• yes you can, i tested already. cap for damage reduction is 70%, but the extra its still in the pool.

Then its easy to counter a green mage, equiping full green cloths enchanted with Glowing and using stoneskin, just a tip =)

• agree but your forgeting the resitnaces are caped at 70 ;D so 70-60 its still 10% making a entire skill like SPELL DEFIANCE complete waste of time and points

• ofc spell defiance its useless atm, thats why my marksman doesnt have it. And well if you put +2 jewelry with 30% poison resistance and equip 5 piece of green cloths enchanted with glowing that gives you +150% poison resistance, if a green mage hits you with green ooze 2 times your poison resistance will stay at 70%.

• This post is deleted!

• @Priapo you might have missed, but Murky and Green Ooze have been heavily nerfed in Patch 8.3: Murky Ooze lost his Pure damage (became Slash), and Green Ooze lost his one-hit 50% resistance reduction. Within the context of the so-called "Green Mage", only Murky Ooze was the "OP" spell. We felt that the nerf to Green Ooze too was too much and we have it back part of its power. It's still not as good as it used to be.

That being said, what @vorgoth333 explained is correct. Even if final resistances are capped, the value behind isn't. You can stack resists up to the value you want. If you reach 100% poison resistance, the final value is 70% - but if you get debuffed by 60%, the final value will be 40%.

• if a single spell FORCE all players to have ALL equipmants with poison resistance so that spell is overpowered.
    so r u kidding me? c'mon where is the good sense? why buff a spell that is currently good and used by all mages and dont buff other useless spells?

• @Priapo said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.4):

if a single spell FORCE all players to have ALL equipmants with poison resistance so that spell is overpowered.
    so r u kidding me? c'mon where is the good sense? why buff a spell that is currently good and used by all mages and dont buff other useless spells?

I don't know where you got this notion that Green Ooze does high damage, @Priapo.

Green Ooze takes 1s to be cast (at capped CSI) and deals 45 damage at capped Conjuration/SDI. In less time an Invocation mage with good ping can cast 3 Shock Phase spells (0.25s each at capped SDI) that together will deal 120+ damage, plus stun.

Green Ooze is nowhere close to being a high-DPS spell compared to Invocation spells. It might be if you manage to get the resistance of the enemy down to 10%, but the debuff is applied after the damage, so only the 3rd Green Ooze will deal "almost pure" damage...

• @vorgoth333 said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.4):

yes you can, i tested already. cap for damage reduction is 70%, but the extra its still in the pool.

Then its easy to counter a green mage, equiping full green cloths enchanted with Glowing and using stoneskin, just a tip =)

if the extra is still on the pool then we need to have one panel that show our entire stats (i know there is one hidden)
    but its not "extrange" to been caped at 70 and actually you got more ;D but not show ;D, maybe its time to release the beast and dont put caps on any resistance, anyway nobody can cap all the 7 resistances to 100 with the actual craft system.

• @Prometheus
    green ooze isnt op for its dmg but for its debuff. in combination with poison spells it is too op and force all players to OVERCAP poison resistance!!!
    again... where is the good sense?

• @Priapo
    poison is a unique debuff, that isn't even overridden by strong versions of itself(hint hint:extreme counterplay).
    Regardless, at 70 poison res, the max DPS fatal poison should have is 7.5, and realistically fatals should not have 100% uptime due to endurance's interaction with noxious.

Green mage is still garbage, it's just arguably playable with the nerf to mino shield. Meanwhile warrior classes are exceptionally overpowered, and all iterations of mage/archer are terrible except potentially is very large team fights. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but you've played this game for two weeks and you've nfi what you're on about.

• @Holya said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.4):

ou've played this game f

tell me how a warrior can stop a mage to scape of the realm when he can overun him everytime and every 8 seconds he han teleport 10 tiles

i would agree the warriors are overpowered when i see a warrior stun and kill an oponent without leaving him way to scape, may i need to mention that mages can cast while fighting? and have instant spells?

• holya, i dont need to play a game for moths to see what is op and what no.
    if other spells are so good and poison dmg with green ooze is not, why ALL mages use greenooze+poison?
    because -60poisonresist+poisondmg is too strong compared other spells. normally a player shouldnt focus to overupgrade a single resistance to prevent to be killed in pvp. if u overupgrade poison resistance u cant have high value in other resistances.
    i think 3 oozes to apply -60 resist are veryvery strong but ok; only 2 to do it is OP imho!

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.