Release 08 - Minor Update (8.4)

• @jymnils
    keep in mind damage is irrelevant without kill pressure. Warrior can CC out of a disarm for ~6 seconds vs. somebody with 100 endurance, for ~10 seconds of 100% accuracy. Warriors have a 8 second lethal, and do more damage than any other class by far. Uninterruptable, comparatively low resource costing damage.

Once a warrior gets on a mage, they should never be forced off of them due to their ability to reapply cripple mid cripple. If a mage blinks the maximum distance, with ~3 sec of cripple remaining on them, a warrior can catch them 100% of the time. Additionally, this cripple means spirits should be on the victim, which means they should never be allowed to cast anything but fast/instant spells(stoneskin, green ooze). The only time a warrior shouldn't have near 100% up time versus a mage, is if they're being focused in a team fight, or they've been hard CCed off.

@Priapo green mage only doing one/two types of damage is a downside of the class. Green mage is the easiest thing in the game to counter gear. You know what weak link is, what ignore armor is? Do you know the relative values of ethereal resistance, or counter WL versus poison, which you don't even need capped to be taking negligible damage. All of the mages in game are built into poison/green ooze because it was good. Past fucking tense. It wasn't even overpowered IMO, it was just good at killing poorly skilled, well geared players.

Legit @Priapo if you don't need experience to know what's OP, do you at least have theory? Going to start with a real easy question: how much DPS does a maxed green mage do versus a capped res player, and how much DPS does a maxed mauler do vs. a capped res player?

• @Holya let's keep the discussion civilised.

@Priapo I also think most mages today are still built as "green mages" because of how powerful Murky Ooze dealing pure damage was before patch 8.3. I foresee the average mage build is going to change soon. Also, don't forget that the Green Mage has the advantage of being easy to use on a basic level: you have to use Noxious Plague and spam Green Ooze. Not being able to mash buttons quickly, I'd pick that template too if I had to play a mage.

Anyway, I'd love to see some comments about the new damage visualization... Sigh.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Prometheus said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.4):

Anyway, I'd love to see some comments about the new damage visualisation... Sigh.

I really appreciate this, i jsut tested a bit (not long time), and it is really nice, give more immersion into game and a more and easier lecture of the game dynamics (often i got killed by little mob that hit me and i can't see them)

Just a note, maybe and i wish to underline it, the font is too big, just 1 or 2 points smaller could be better

• The new damage visualization is AWESOME! Seriously, it looks great, it's smooth, easy to see, and it's informative. Even as a PvEer, I like it!

• @Meziljin said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.4):

I really appreciate this...

me too

Just a note, ..., the font is too big, just 1 or 2 points smaller could be better

i agree with u

• I'll let give you my feed back in a couple months when I get back from the other side of the world. :)

• While the damage display is great, it's going to highlight just how bad a lot of the tactics and skills are.

The battle tactics, they do nothing! Seriously, there's only a couple of BTs that are worth using in PvE. Bleed is a joke. Not sure if crush armor actually does anything, or I'm just not landing a hit before it wears off.

My summons just don't hit ever. Only useful PvE summon is the fire one for the blanket AOE damage which doesn't miss, and exploiting that is not fun gameplay.

• @Holya said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.4):

keep in mind damage is irrelevant without kill pressure. Warrior can CC out of a disarm for ~6 seconds vs. somebody with 100 endurance, for ~10 seconds of 100% accuracy. Warriors have a 8 second lethal, and do more damage than any other class by far. Uninterruptable, comparatively low resource costing damage.

i dont know what kind of place you design on your mind to run your simulation of pvp, on a real pvp bouth sides began at least separated by 6 tiles, 6 tiles that can be transformed onto 16 every 8 second, a regular ranged pvp mage will never allow the warrior to get close, while of course he will be droping instant damages and sumoning ranged pets to help , in any case he look like loosing the battle he only runs to other realm and then to other realm untill the end of the world.
    there is no chance or way for the warrior to catch the mage on speed to kill him even if there is a 3 meele vs 1 mage the mage can scape easily with one blink

on the other side a warrior could never scape a mage runing after you with his summons and his "stun" movements

i dont consider PVP to the ganks you usually do to players that are on low health or on battle vs several mobs/boss and of course i dont consider PVP when a guy with 120% extra damage (blessed) atack a guy on cloth armor and less than 700 skill points ;D.

to be clear i dont belive a PVP player should have active bleesing, blessing should only protect items when a mob kill you not when other players kills, i was active when insurance was introduced to UO and i know exactly how it degradated the PVP scene.

• @Prometheus said in Release 08 - Minor Update (8.4):

Anyway, I'd love to see some comments about the new damage visualization... Sigh.

the new font size and visualization is lots better, great job Prom

• @jymnils if you want to kill somebody on a ranged character, you've to let them get close. Range characters have no mobile damage, and mage spells predominately don't even have 6 tile ranges. Warriors have ranged cripples, ranged stuns, ranged minions. Mages should not be using spiritualism right now, so they should not have pets at all.

Yes, a mage should generally be able to escape a single warrior near 100% of the time, but a single anything should be able to escape a single anything near 100% of the time. A mage is generally going to be slightly better in its escapability, but that absolutely does not equate to combat effectiveness, and an escaping mage is punished a lot more than any other class if they screw up.

i dont consider PVP to the ganks you usually do to players that are on low health or on battle vs several mobs/boss and of course i dont consider PVP when a guy with 120% extra damage (blessed) atack a guy on cloth armor and less than 700 skill points ;D.

Until this patch cloth armor was the best armor in the game for all classes. 120% base damage is very little. Additionally, I do not predominately fight players that are weaker than I statistically. A majority of the people I fight (BR,NWO,ROK) started playing before me and are more geared. http://forums.linkrealms.com/topic/3715/project-loliconquest-7-11-2016-myhal-1v4s-br-nwo-s-best-players-itali-sinnistru-satevao-dumpsters?page=1 yet VAN has taken every 2v7/1v4 fight we can get.

I only mean to seem slightly rude, but you don't know what you're talking about. It really ruffles my feathers when people who don't know what they're talking about assert their malformed opinion as fact, especially when there's no reasonable way for some observers to differentiate the value of your and my assertions.

@Prometheus

Green mage is easier to play

At a very, very low end, I'd agree. Generally speaking I'd disagree. Invocation has to worry less about positioning/when to engage, which isn't offset by having addition buttons to press. Kinda a pedantic point on my side tho s;

• @Meziljin @Priapo what's the resolution of your screen?

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Prometheus 1440x900

• Yep before patch i did fight 2 green mages vs my marksman and i still won =) So isnt op.

• @Prometheus 1680 1050

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.