pay to win

• this game is high pvp oriented so...
    all know how artifacts are powerful. u cant stay alive versus other characters if u havent artifacts... no matter your skills or abilities, u cant survive for more 2-3 seconds if u havent artifacts versus a player that has them.
    yes u can farm and farm and farm and more farm to collect your artifacts and rare bless scrolls and... u NEED TO BUY CREDITS to increase artifacts durability or u destroy your artifacts so damned quickly. nobody sell credits in game.
    so this game imo is a p2w. i like this game but i hate p2w games. i like the durability system too of this game and the uo style craft system but i think that crafted gears are useless comparison artifacts, in addiction there isnt a skill to craft weapons. my suggestion is to introduce particular materials that u can farm with high drop chance from bosses or monsters or skills (mining, prospecting...) which add a particular bouns on equipmants (for example a thunderstone that add thunder resist if used to craft an armor and thunderburst chance if used to craft a weapon) and add a woriking skill to craft weapons (weaponsmith?) or jewels too (jeweler?). so u can craft your gear as u wish, create your build, destroy your gear in a few days but u can create again and again your gear or change and try new builds, explore and research for new mats and so on. if u think that in this way artifacts have no vaule so change the bless system to make only artifacts can be blessed so u can loss your crafted gear for 0 durability or looted from other ppl but not artifacts.
    if u want players money try to introduce aesthetic items/features for characters/realms.

my two cents.

• FOUNDER: BARON

Nope, I Sell in game cred.,

• @Priapo while I agree LR is slightly pay to win, that's inherent in almost every game. It seems efforts are being taken to reduce it, however.

1. Daily quests that reward credits are going to be introduced soon
    2. The economy has been screwed up for a long time due to cough cough certain people exploiting bugs that produced excessive Argents. These bugs have been fixed.
    3. The value of Argents has recently increased drastically, and will continue to increase(I suspect) due to upcoming changes
    4. Pretty sure there's going to be a credit sale soon, and the market will probably be flooded again - If you plan to buy credits ever, if a sale happens you'll get the best US$:Argent ratio ever in the next few weeks with their value going down as soon as the quest is introduced
    5. Certain player cough coguh went out of their way to buy out all credits, even if they didn't need them. This was compounded by 2), and is happening a lot less as of late.

This is unrelated to Linkrealms economics, but Artifacts are generally worse than crafted gear/random drop jewelry, and you can very,very easily get enough resists to be effective enough in PVP. I can understand why people wouldn't see it this way, when they die in one short CC chain to 1-2 players, but I assure you it's more to do optimization of stats and playstyle.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

i was agree with Priapo until the Holya reply (omg what i'm saying....)

I have not noticed that Daily quest will give Credits (beware, only rare ones, not all daily...)
    Actually the situation is what Priapo showed up, without credits, sooner or later your game will end.

This new option that is coming could stabilize the problem and give more emphasys to play and partecipare game events

• @Prometheus said in Development Roadmap To Spring 2017:

Daily Quests will be assigned by one of the upcoming High Officials of each town, and will be customized for each player. They will range from quite easy and concentrated in a single location to complex and touching different regions. The hardest ones will reward you with a very valuable prize never given out so far: credits for the Item Store!

I don't know how much profit Mythn Interactive makes off of people who just buy repair kits, versus whales who sell thousands of credits, but I suspect they'll lose money off of this change. Everybody better be bending over backwards to suck their dicks when it's introduced.

• @Holya said in pay to win:

The economy has been screwed up for a long time due to cough cough certain people exploiting bugs that produced excessive Argents. These bugs have been fixed.

well may i need to say that mages with earthquake are farming 30 to 50k per hrs?

and what artifact is worse than crafted random drop?

• @jymnils 200k+/hour is still easily possible on a single account, but that's not necessarily straight Argents. Straight Argent production caps out at somewhere around 70-90k/hour, but it's click intensive and blergh.

All chests/legs/shoe artifacts are garbage, non-artifact weapons are better for most classes, non-artifact bracers/necklacess are BIS by far. I suspect this is going to predominately change, however.

Gettin' a li'l off topic, tho.

• finally we agree that the agent farming is stil to big to be considered "patched"

• @jymnils I didn't say that.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Holya a new pack of premium items will be introduced, that will fill some lacks and allow them to earn something by other ways.

• @jymnils said in pay to win:

@Holya said in pay to win:

The economy has been screwed up for a long time due to cough cough certain people exploiting bugs that produced excessive Argents. These bugs have been fixed.

well may i need to say that mages with earthquake are farming 30 to 50k per hrs?

and what artifact is worse than crafted random drop?

Hello my dear @jymnils! Ok i realise that this comment derives from info i gave you about my recent hunts.

@jymnils said in pay to win:

finally we agree that the agent farming is stil to big to be considered "patched"

Ok definatelly NO :p The reason i can farm that in an hour and you cant atm is because i have exclusivelly build my character that way so he is exclusivelly good at PvE grinding. It took me weeks of effort to reach that. I mihgt have a + when it comes to killing 20 mobs with 2-3 hits but if you gank me probably i d die, meaning that this method is not risk free.
    Ofc i will have advantage at PvE againt lets say a marksman or a spirituallist cause thats how invocation works.

Ok also

@Holya said in pay to win:

1. The economy has been screwed up for a long time due to cough cough certain people exploiting bugs that produced excessive Argents. These bugs have been fixed.

Muhahahahaha O.o Bad ppl they are :p

• Now be serious on topic. I have already put 10euro in my gaming account to buy some credits just for the reason you mentioned. To be competive i feel those repair tools are mandatory, and i was planning to use those on my artifacts only.
    Now as Holya mentioned, i also noticed this on the updates page (meaning bout credits from dailies).
    This will definatelly fix the situation a bit.
    Now i joined the game after f2p and to be honest i was willing to spend around 10-15 bucks on the game cause i want to support it, but having to do that every now and then just to be competive is not something i d like.

They crafting system you explain is great and i hope it does get inplemented, but is not gona fix the problem.
    Fixing the problem would be either removing those items from shop or game in general, or make those tools a really rare drop from bosses like rest crappy free tools.

This is the only thing i found that feels a bit p2w, but to be honest it just feels that way and its not, cause in the end even if your artifacts are like 1000 durability and blessed this doent mean you are gona dominate.

We ve seen like 2vs4s and 2vs7s cough cough from some ppl and both parties where equiped in artifacts.. Just saying

• @Priapo I understand your concern about repair tools. Yes, they are needed if you want to keep your best pieces. It doesn't matter if your best pieces are artifacts or not though - many crafted pieces can be better than artifacts, as @Holya pointed out. However, I think the core of the issue for you lies in this sentence:

@Priapo said in pay to win:

nobody sell credits in game

This is not true, there have always been people selling credits - it's just hard to find them because there is no easy commerce tool in the game. There will be one soon tho - the Auctioneer, as announced in our development roadmap. And yes, even if not explicit in the Roadmap, the Auctioneer will allow you to create Buy Orders and Sell Orders for Credits too, not only for items! So @ReQim, for instance, will be able to put his credits on sale, or directly accept your offer to buy them if he thinks you are offering enough argents. The Auctioneer will drastically improve the number of economic transactions on Linkrealms - Credits trading too. This is a bit of information I think might also interest @jymnils @Meziljin @Siltoruz.

That being said, there are other big news coming very soon on the topic! ;)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.