StoneSkin Bug

• @Prometheus
    today i was training magery and i was amazed to check several OP skill the mage have in their low level spells

from my warrior i remember that resistances (phisicals/magical) does not add to the gear resitances, and that all of them are capped to 70
    On a warrior that by example have 20 natural resitances to magic schools, and his gear have 30, he only get 30 because they not add, making spell defiances not valuable at all

well to my surprise the mages have the stonskin spell, that can add up to 60 of all physical resitances so i decided to take a look with my noob mage, and what a surprise, i got 70/70/70 resitances on a mage that its not more than 1 hr and with sorcery 50 and alteration 50

how a mage can adquire more resistances than a full iron geared warrior in less than a hour of training?
    to my surprise when i equiped and unequiped my gear the numbers went down and up again showing that the armor gain is added to the spell gain

this is absolutely unfair for other chars that dont have additive resitances.

i was even more a mazed that after aplying 3 times murky ozze with -15% of all resisances,i was still with 67/67/67, this lets me belive that with a char with 100/100 sorcery/alteratin my real stats could be as high as 95% (same as the best metal armor that warriors can wear, plate)

i must add that bouth stoneskin and emberskin/glacial skin have infinite duration if not consumed, and dont consume any mana or other resource after they are casted (they should have a time limit or a consume mana restriction)

BTW i dont know if its a bug or not but at 55 sorcery i only see 8 spells on the book level 5, and the wiki says there are 13 spells of this level
    http://wiki.linkrealms.com/view/Sorcery#Arcane_Schools
    do i need to find the spells or how do i learn them? or its a bug ;D

• Intended

• you mean, not reported?

• @jymnils said in StoneSkin Bug:

BTW i dont know if its a bug or not but at 55 sorcery i only see 8 spells on the book level 5, and the wiki says there are 13 spells of this level
    http://wiki.linkrealms.com/view/Sorcery#Arcane_Schools
    do i need to find the spells or how do i learn them? or its a bug

Not all the schools and spells are implemented at the moment.

• that is clearly broken spell,prom should alter it so its not so op.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

why u call bug when its not?
    why the hell u continue spam on forum your opinions saying "suggestions" "bug" "problem" etc?

Ur passing more time here on forum saying trash things instead playing and discover how REALLY things works, this not mean that there are bugs if they work differently from your personal idea, and staff is not forced to do what u think its good

Seems you are more concentrate to change game as u wish instead enjoy as it is....

• @Meziljin said in StoneSkin Bug:

Seems you are more concentrate to change game as u wish instead enjoy as it is....

its not on your desicion to say its or not a bug (devs), that why i posted as a bug report, i cleary investigated the effects of the spell and compared to similar situation on the warriors perspective, as a warior i already investigated near all the dungeons, now ill do as a mage , i have found this unfair advantage and im reporting it, of course mages that already taking advantage of this feature will not be happy with the report.

@jymnils said in StoneSkin Bug:

@Meziljin said in StoneSkin Bug:

its not on your desicion to say its or not a bug (devs), that why i posted as a bug report, i cleary investigated the effects of the spell and compared to similar situation on the warriors perspective, as a warior i already investigated near all the dungeons, now ill do as a mage , i have found this unfair advantage and im reporting it, of course mages that already taking advantage of this feature will not be happy with the report.

• "its not on your desicion to say its or not a bug" : Any player who READ the skill or spell description understand that is not a bug but exactly WHAT IS WRITTEN in wiki
    • "that why i posted as a bug report" : This is "general suggestion", not "bug report" forum section
    • "i have found this unfair advantage and im reporting it" : Again, if u don't like a feature, u can discuss about it with community, and this is the correct forum sector, but ITS NOT A BUG

I hope this can help u in future

• @jymnils Today i am gona be rough since i am not your leader anymore! phew
    you entitle this as StoneSkin bug. Clearly you dont know what a bug really is! To add on that, you have played the mage for like 1h. How many duels/PvP you did? NONE

now do you know that stoneskin reduces you magic defence while raises you physical defence? This means that if you party PvP and use stoneskin the mages will kill you very easy. This also happens with MOBS too. try going past a griffon with stoneskin on. You re 2-3 hits for the griffon.

Also since this is soooo OP as you say i dare you to go PvP with stoneskin up against an archer (archers are the second worse thing after invo mage in PvP in my opinion). If archer has 50% resistances you cant kill him in 1v1. All you can do is run and w8 for him to kill you. I wont speak about maulers cause the difference in power is huge.

Also as a mage you dont have enough dmg, to kill someone with proper gear. Stop those inaccurate idiotic posts, grow up and think before you speak is my advice. Dont bullshit us here. Mages loose to anything 1v1 or flee atm. Stoneskin is supposed to work as it does and is not OP. Its looks OPish if you dont have a clue about the game in general.

PS: You have managed to annoy the whole gaming community in like a week or so. You mention red PKers ruin the game but in the end you do. CHILL!!!!
    Ciao

• Even with 95 all physical Resistances i can 3 hits kill everyone as a MArksman and no counters for it xD

• as expected the mages are roaring ;D still im waiting for oficial answer to the report ;D
    and good to know Dark ;D

i dont even mentioned PVP but seems its a crucial skill on the PVP area thats why all mages upset about the report ;D

2-3 hits of grifton ;D , yeah you maybe afk to get 3 hits from a mob been a mage ;D and sorry to be rude olso ;D the skill its not suposed to work like that, similar aproach has been used on warriors resitances, well unless devs say that ;D

sorry to annoy you sil, hope your quest to get more power goes go well ;D

• @Meziljin @Siltoruz let's not be too harsh on @jymnils, he's reporting things in good faith to help!

@jymnils, the mechanic you are reporting is intended. Stone Skin raises all your resistances and it's additive. Mages have almost 0 physical resistances on armor, so that's their way to get them - if you have more because you're not dressed in full cloth, you're doing it wrong eheh.

Unlike a real armor, however, Stone Skin has a certain amount of charges (less than 20). When you receive a physical attack from a mob, one charge is removed. When receive a physical attack from a player, 2 charges are removed. In a real PvE/PvP situation, Stone Skin has to be re-cast frequently (and it takes a while to cast it). That's what makes it balanced :)

• @Prometheus said in StoneSkin Bug:

@Meziljin @Siltoruz let's not be too harsh on @jymnils, he's reporting things in good faith to help!

I appologize..Sry but sometimes real life is hard and might bring some tension with me here.

• @Prometheus

tks for the clarification Prom

some facts to the case

Raw Cloth Silk armor defense (without exceptional or enhancing bonuses)
    Phi 36 24 30
    Mag 0 70 36 0
    we can do this killing 3-6 wild spiders on the wild and virtually no training (20 tailoring, you get 40 from template)
    this is hard for me to belive its "almost 0" and was in cloth when i got 70/70/70 so i was not doing wrong

i olso tested the skill on pve and for a mage of 1 hour i was unkillable spaming the minor wounds spell
    the only way to be killed is either to get AFK/Disc or to battle several mobs (3+) and be very very noob ;D
    my only problema was my lack of mana regeneration for this test ;D

im not counting a pve raid or instance or farming where i know there are 10s of mobs chasing you, thats a risky situation and cant be counted a normal pve (it has to have it risks)

on the pvp field i found 2 pks while i was testing, since i got less than 50 HP i was an easy target the first time, basically 1 hit(even with 70/70/70), this is because pks wear heavy damage gear and have full %dagame bonusses (and no risk wearing them)

the second time i already got my scape macro ready and he could not chase me i even casted stoneskin on battle while scaping, so i guess the fact that it cant be casted on pvp is not so much aplicable

at 50/50 my total charges where about 6 hits, that means on pvp my armor would resit 3 hits, thats a lot of time ;D, and at level 100/100 i guess its around 8 hits thats the hell a lot of time olso ;D considering mages kite so easy on open pvp

i completly undestand the need of balancing, but of what i have observe this skill was designed to provide PERFECT PHY defense for at least 30 seconds on close combat pvp, there is not such skill on the warriors side to provide magic defenses on the same way, since warrior armor resistances does not add to the body ones

lets resume my founded facts (maybe im wrong tought)

1)a cloth mage can go around witht 70/70/70/70/70/70 with easy and a warrior CANT even with the most advanced crafted armor

1. a warrior can suffer several PHY/MAG debuffs by a mage and he CANT do the same (i know some weapons ignore armor)

but what i enconter really anoying was not the fact of the resitences so highly buffed so early on game, the real unbalance of this spell is the complete INMUNITY to spell interrupt by physical atacks (dont know if magical olso, only tryed vs archer pks) i can undestad some increase of resistance on the spell interupt but not a total INMUNITY .
    on the other hand Silituz mentoined that on group pvp casting that spell is crazy because it lowers your mag resitances a lot, true indeed but on 1 on 1 battle this really dont counts olso the buffs are 2X compared to the debuffs 30 to 60 vs 15 to 30

i really tryed to undestood and test all the playing fields before i make sugestions and i trully undestand the importance of balance and the imposibility to adquire it

in my opinion this spell is imbalanced for the followin reasons

1. the strength of the buff at so early stages
    2. no requirements to maintainly activate once casted (it should consume mana or lower mana regen a bit)
    3. PERFECT INMUNITY to interrupt (should only increase the chances)
    4. not real debuffs, this spells should penalty the user incresing the Impairment at least 30 to 40 points since it increases the defenses on similar fashion as heavy leather or basic metal

as always its a Developer desicion to make changes or continue with what you doing, but consider that the PVP on a already launched game open PVP world does not happends on closed arenas, i suspect you modified this spell to try to balance the mage on the arena not on the open pvp thats should be active when the game is launched.

olso DEVS should consider to make the certain ARTIFACTS only usable on PVE situations (making the buffs that affect %damage on artifacts only aplicable on non player targets) or in some kind of DUEL system, this will seriusly balance the way that PVP is actually played, because the actual imbalance on the game is for the heavy use of this artifacts to PK people (1 hit 2 hits), making this not aplicable people wil start giving value to actual crafted and looted gear ;D

my more than 50 cents
    have fun!

• @jymnils kid shut up you're literally trying to revert changes. Mage is balanced, just stop talking.
    Edit: will make a long explanation regarding your invalid points when I get home

• alt text

• Replies

• Valid points

• Mild insults

@Holya 5:07 AM, shame on you!!!

• @Meziljin I ain't choose the basement dweller life, it chose me

• OK your feeding me with trolling rage atm :p :p
    I m gona reply after my hunt

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.