Question about Hit Chance calculator

• @Prometheus
    hello there i have been doing a ballte simulator and now im been polishing it
    founded this info about hit chance on wiki, hope is current

The formula is:

Hit Chance = ((CombatSkill + 20) * (1 + AttackerAccuracyBonus / 100 - AttackerDrunkMalus / 100)) / ((VictimCombatSkill + 20) * (1 + VictimDodgeBonus / 100 - DefenderDrunkMalus / 100) * 2) * 100

i got several questions like

a) what is the atackers/defender combat skill if the atacker/defender is a Mage holding a staff
    b) what is the atackers combat skill if the atacker/defender is a Mage holding nothing
    c) a) what is the atackers combat skill if the atacker is martial artist
    d) where to find my drunkmalus state
    e) where to find AccuracyBonus and Dodgebonus stats, and how they are calculated , or they are 0 if no equipment modifier aplyes?
    f) are the skills caped at 100 for this formula? so having 125 of some fighting skill helps improving the hitchance?

whats the efect of Magic Weapons on this formulas

tks in advance Devs

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@jymnils said in Question about Hit Chance calculator:

@Prometheus

The formula is:

Hit Chance = ((CombatSkill + 20) * (1 + AttackerAccuracyBonus / 100 - AttackerDrunkMalus / 100)) / ((VictimCombatSkill + 20) * (1 + VictimDodgeBonus / 100 - DefenderDrunkMalus / 100) * 2) * 100

a) what is the atackers/defender combat skill if the atacker/defender is a Mage holding a staff
    b) what is the atackers combat skill if the atacker/defender is a Mage holding nothing

tks in advance Devs

1- its totally indifferent if a mage is holding astaff or not, all depend if he has staff fighting (combat skill)
    2- like above, if a mage is holding nothing but have martial arts it count as combat skill
    3- like above
    4- look about alcoholic dinks or costitution skill

magic weapon are totally irrilevant of formula, it is a mod for warmage, but its always a weapon linked to his proper combat

• got this on the wiki

"In order to calculate your chance to hit an enemy, it is necessary to take into account the Weapon you are holding, your level in the Skill associated to the weapon, and the combat skill of your target."

i was asking specifically about mages because a pure mage usually dont develop any weapon skill, his main skill is his magery, looking at the infor of the wiki it sugest me that a mage is forced to train one fighting skill to get a chance to evade hits

and the same if the mage is the attacker, a mage atacks with spells, what skill will be the one that counts as Combat skill, maybe this is why mages never miss a direct damage skill :(

• @jymnils right meaning the combat skill goes by the one associated with the weapon (if there are any) not the one you have leveled so per your questions

a) then formula would be calculated with staff fighting as combat skill
    b) then the formula would be calculated using martial arts as combat skill.
    c) you answered this in your question if he is a martial artist then that would be his combat skill
    d) you get a drunken state by drinking alcohaul i don't believe ou can personally check the value but it announces your state as you drink. constitiution makes it where you have to drink more to ecome drunk

you edited so i'll add, you said about spells, spells do't use dodge chance or hit chance instead they are fail or success on cast so for spells you woulldn't use this formula at all. this is just for weapon attacks.

@jymnils said in Question about Hit Chance calculator:

got this on the wiki

"In order to calculate your chance to hit an enemy, it is necessary to take into account the Weapon you are holding, your level in the Skill associated to the weapon, and the combat skill of your target."

i was asking specifically about mages because a pure mage usually dont develop any weapon skill, his main skill is his magery, looking at the infor of the wiki it sugest me that a mage is forced to train one fighting skill to get a chance to evade hits

and the same if the mage is the attacker, a mage atacks with spells, what skill will be the one that counts as Combat skill, maybe this is why mages never miss a direct damage skill :(

It's all incredibly simple..... in skill menu there is the combat sub-menu, every skill tehre is a combat

Sorcery is in arcane so its not

• tks a lot bouth of you, ill try to make a resume

1. every player need to have at least one combat skill to have a chance to evade other player hits (the weapon on hand chooses what skill it is, if no weapon its martial arts)
    2. you need to have 100 constitution to use alcoholic drinks and get no maluses to hit/evade chance
    3. no actual way to see acuracy/dodge bonuses as well as alcoholic intoxication level
    4. no actual formula or way to see your base Acuracy and Dodge (i guess this is agi based, or should be at least)
    5. dont know if the skills for this formula have skills caped at 100

exactly, even your final doubts

• tks a lot, i have finished the hitpoints calcualtor, and found some interesting facts,

1. attacker with 100 skill and no extra bonuses or maluses over a defender with 100 skill no bonus malus has a exact 50% chance to hit
    2. seems that its not 100 skill capped, even on a comparision of a 150 skill over a 100 skill the % its still less than 100%
    3. seems there is no base acuracy and dodge values, only the bonuses, so AGI does not influence on evasion (weird think) ;D

lets wait for the oficial words on this; D

• A mage without any combat skills takes a hit 100% of the time from everything near them. That's retarded. Seriously bad.

Also, Prom mentioned earlier that the hit chance was adjusted so you wouldn't hit too many times in a row, or miss too many times in a row. I think I missed while using the Precision tactic yesterday, so that adjustment might be screwing up the guaranteed hit chance of Precision

• the equation its really very well done, but it lacks the use of AGI to improve evasion or hit chance,easy to modify to use AGI tought

i have worked several test already and cant find a way that similar chars can hit or miss two many times on a row, on a series of 100 test only one time an atacker hit 3 times on a row and that is having lots of luck.

on the other way if the player is a mage with near no comabt skills of course is hitted like a punching bagç

ill try to put the hit chance calc withthe damage calculator and simulate some battles; D

• Ok so from what i know and being 100% sure,
    a) Staff fighting is the combat skill when ANY character class uses staffs
    b) Martial arts is the combat skill of anyone when unarmed
    c) Answered by b. Martial Arts is the skill
    d) This i dont know and i like that you point it out.
    e) Both of the skills are mods on items ( like 50% dodge chance). Also dodge has to do with the combat skill you use, meaning when holding sword with 100 Severing you have more dodge than when 100Sev but unarmed. http://wiki.linkrealms.com/view/Severing examples here. The real numbers are not there yet though so... Now accuracy
    AttackerAccuracyBonus: the Superior Accuracy modifier of the attacker. It's always 0 if the attacker is a monster. this is what wiki says. I cant find ecact numbers either on that but from what i ve searched this seems to be independant from all other stats and probably only from gear mods, but I AM NOT SURE about that.
    f) No skills are not capped. You can even go more than 125 but its something i havent tried. Given the equasion its clear that 125 Severing for example is much better than 100 when it comes to hit chance

• @Siltoruz said in Question about Hit Chance calculator:

125 Severing for example is much better than 100 when it comes to hit chance

my calc says that the diference between 125 vs 100 its exactly 10% better, the % raises from 50% to 60%

• @jymnils said in Question about Hit Chance calculator:

@Siltoruz said in Question about Hit Chance calculator:

125 Severing for example is much better than 100 when it comes to hit chance

my calc says that the diference between 125 vs 100 its exactly 10% better, the % raises from 50% to 60%

Well i didnt do the excact math here, just gave a reply so that you understand how it works. 10% seems fair and its the BIG difference i talked about. but Yeah it has directly to do with it.

• @jymnils said in Question about Hit Chance calculator:

@Prometheus

The formula is:

e) where to find AccuracyBonus and Dodgebonus stats, and how they are calculated , or they are 0 if no equipment modifier aplyes?
    f) are the skills caped at 100 for this formula? so having 125 of some fighting skill helps improving the hitchance?

tks in advance Devs

Missing replies:
    d) You can't find it in game, there are just messages that tell you if you're getting drunk and how much.
    e) Accuracy Bonus and Dodge Bonus refer to the modifiers of the same name.
    f) All skills are capped at 125, so in this formula too.
    g) Magic weapon just makes it so that you can cast holding the weapon, nothing changes in this formula.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.