[Suggestion] Map Editor/Personal Realm

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

I'd love to see a short walkthrough on how to use the map editor for basic things. This is because there isn't really any documentation on how to use it other then Johnon's Guide; however, it doesn't talk about the item properties. Furthermore, it would be best if there were a video guide because visual representation is much better for people traversing an unknown piece of software (they haven't had any experience in it prior to opening it).

I like the hiding things feature, but how about layers which one can apply things in? Think photoshop layering/grouping but for map editing... I don't mean drawing directly on the map but to allow different placement elevations so we can hide a single layer instead of just something based on that object. Such as, hide all plants if on layer 1 while layer 3 is your ground and 2 is your structure. I think some of the ideas in RPG Maker VX Ace for just map editing itself (not scripting...) would be pretty nice.

Furthermore, the ability to create a white-list for people allowed into your house would also be nice... Also, how about placement hooks we could assign to things and hook items we like the look of, on the walls of our structure? Then we could have a gear room/trophy room of sorts going on and hook items within the game instead of through the map editor. :D

I dunno, I'll probably think of some more but right now this is what I have. I'll add to this list if I do think of something else.

you can friend someone to your realm so they can have access and set permissions you wish ie secure for owner only friends friends and guild etc. you are also able to hide entire layers (not items based on layer) you can from top down or bottom up depending on how you slide the bar to the left.

See, I didn't know any of this because there wasn't any help/video which explained all of this...

• @Atlan said:

See, I didn't know any of this because there wasn't any help/video which explained all of this...

I will make a video guide today :-) stay tuned i will post it in a few hours!

@mrari I'll be watching for it! :D

• @Atlan said:

@mrari I'll be watching for it! :D

funny because i just made a video on how to build basic walls like 2 minutes ago for you! its uploading now

• @Atlan if you could list some of the things you would like to know i can make the videos more specific

I'd like to know about the advanced features whenever you use the properties of the items you place down. I know about how to set models to the surface of walls and the like but not sure what render mode is for...

ps.
    The fact we shouldn't be using the quick selection for previously used placements was an eyeopener to me since you stated it was very buggy and can cause bugs within your map later on.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.