Release 09 - Minor Update (9.1)

• Hi everyone,

this is a minor patch aimed at fixing a couple major bugs and exploits and balancing out some sides of PvP combat, both for warriors and for mages.

We'd also like to express our satisfaction with how the Six-Month Anniversary Event has been progressing on so far - lot's of action and exciting fights going on! Get ready for next week's events - to be announced soon!

Below is a detailed description of the patch.

CHANGES

1 - Weak Link has been completely reworked. It now adds a cumulative 15% of the weapon's base damage as Pure Damage for each consecutive hit within 12 seconds from each other. Unlike Empower, Weak Link stacks are accumulated by the caster, and are lost if the attacker switches target. There is no limit to the amount of stacks. The cost to activate it has been reduced to 15 Stamina.

2 - Ignore Armor now ignores 50% of the physical resistance of the victim instead of 100%. The percentage is calculated after debuffs are applied.

3 - The damage dealt by Fateful Lightning has been increased from 15-20 to 50-60.

4 - Damage per tick of Bleed has been increased from 4-8 to 6-8.

5 - Damage per tick of Hemorrhage has been increased from 5-8 to 6-12, but its duration has been lowered from 16 seconds to 12 (like Bleed).

6 - Crush Armor can now be re-applied against targets already under its effect.

7 - Colors when dead are now a lot brighter than before. This should be of great help for all players, and particularly to newcomers who had issues finding realm exists in the open world after dying.

8- Setting loot rights for cultivations in one's realm on the PvP server now actually protects plants from being harvested by unwanted players.

9 - There is now a 3.5 seconds movement paralyze time after relogging a character that hasn't been removed from the world yet. This change has been introduced both to prevent graphical glitches and to stop players abusing of relogging to get rid of special conditions in PvP.

10 - Each piece of heavy metal armor now raises the cap on physical resistances by 3% instead of 5%. Since there are no metal capes, the maximum cap reachable is now 85% instead of 95%. We shall remind you that having resistances at 85% instead of 70% means taking half the damage, and that resistances are counted above the final cap, which is relevant when being debuffed.

11 - Damage dealt by DOTs (Burn, Chill, Poison, Bleed...) applied against enemy players and monsters is now visible to the player who applied the DOT.

12 - There are now 2 instances of each Exalted spawn on the map at the same time instead of 1.

13 - The Rotten Mushroom event has been restored and now spawns in the Dead Forest. You can complete it to get a material required to craft the Sulfur Hammer.

14 - AOE spells no longer hit creatures inside of player realms without line of sight. This has been changed mostly to prevent players from casting Earthquake to kill creatures inside of the realms of other players.

15 - The damage dealt by Chill on the first tick has been raised and now also decays more slowly over time.

16 - We've started to add Battle Tactics to monsters to spice up PvE. As a test, Minotaurs can now use Crush Armor on their targets.

17 - The damage of Chain Lighting against subsequent targets is no longer reduced by 12%.

18 - The Pierce damage dealt by all Bolt spells from the Alteration school (Fire Bolt, Ice Bolt, Shock Bolt) has been raised from 6-8 (fixed) up to 30-40 at 125 Alteration + capped SDI and WIS. The magical damage dealt hasn't been changed besides for Ice Bolt, where it's been slightly lowered due to the buff to Chill.

19 - Frost Blast now always inflicts the most powerful Chill possible (10 ticks). Enhanced Frost Blast still works as before (chills on the first hit, freezes already chilled targets), but now also deals 20% more damage on hit.

20 - Emberskin no longer protects the caster from Ice effects, while Glacialskin no longer protects the caster from Fire effects.

21 - The Repeating Crossbow and its artifact equivalent Mechanized Crossbow now have Weak Link (better fit for a fast weapon) instead of Ignore Armor, while the Sleek Crossbow and its artifact equivalent Leafspring Crossbow now have Ignore Armor instead of Weak Link.

FIXES

1 - Fixed a bug that would cause characters of players with unstable connections to sometimes get out of sync with the server, being displayed in the client 1 tile away from their actual position. Please note that this fix is experimental, so you're invited to report any issue related to movement that might be arising from today.

2 - Fixed a bug that would cause players with unstable connections to sometimes get stuck while quickly changing realm multiple times in a row in the open world.

Let us known what you think and enjoy Linkrealms!

• I love everything here!

Except:

9 - There is now a 3.5 seconds movement paralyze time after relogging a character that hasn't been removed from the world yet. This change has been introduced both to prevent graphical glitches and to stop players abusing of relogging to get rid of special conditions in PvP.

Still worth it.
    Edit: I read that as immobilize, not paralyze. Not worth it.

12 - There are now 2 instances of each Exalted spawn on the map at the same time instead of 1.

I'd suggest you add a minimum spacing between spawns, as it's efficient to farm two nodes simultaneously, and I feel it's fast/easy enough to obtain Pstones already.

• @Prometheus said in Release 09 - Minor Update (9.1):

3 - The damage dealt by Fateful Lightning has been increased from 15-20 to 50-60.

is this true? or its the range betwen base damage to 125 school cap?

8- Setting loot rights for cultivations in one's realm on the PvP server now actually protects plants from being harvested by unwanted players.

can we do the same to the use of the telepads? so a realm be a safe place for it owners/friends

try to combine the invasion spawn and exalted spawns, having all the spawn making PHY damage does not help much to the experience, give some of them 50% magic atacks, like the darklings spawns, so players need to choose phy or mag defenses

16 - We've started to add Battle Tactics to monsters to spice up PvE. As a test, Minotaurs can now use Crush Armor on their targets

let them aply Stun

GREAT JOB DEV TEAM

• ooh nice conspiracy! you are nerfing a 11-16 base damage crossbow with only 3 battle tactics (2 are useless) and without lethal strike.

So 1. lethal strike stands 4 seconds on crossbows

2. You give all melee classes +25 combat skill on new artifacts and +40% superrior accuracy except Marksman.

3. Now you nerf Weak Link and Ignore armor.

4. Do you know what expensive its my ignore armor build? it took me around 4-5 months to final build, ignore armor drains everyones stamina with 4-5 shots, anyone with 150+hp can take 4 ignore armor hits and 5 with heals, and it can kill veteran players without stuns or lethal strike.

NICE JOB, now Marksman is 3rd pvp character.

• Which Marksman weapon its viable now? you already nerfed all.

• @DarkMiraxus said in Release 09 - Minor Update (9.1):

Which Marksman weapon its viable now? you already nerfed all.

the cost of the battle tactis are now 15, that means you can use it 7 times with 105 agi

• @jymnils said in Release 09 - Minor Update (9.1):

@Prometheus said in Release 09 - Minor Update (9.1):

is this true? or its the range betwen base damage to 125 school cap?

Fateful Lightning is a Battle Tactic (a very expensive one that costs 40 stamina and deals AOE shock damage), not a spell ;)

@jymnils said in Release 09 - Minor Update (9.1):

give some of them 50% magic atacks, like the darklings spawns, so players need to choose phy or mag defenses

We definitely need more monsters dealing magical damages, absolutely.

@jymnils said in Release 09 - Minor Update (9.1):

let them aply Stun

Other mobs in the future will!

@DarkMiraxus said in Release 09 - Minor Update (9.1):

Which Marksman weapon its viable now? you already nerfed all.

There was one point in the patch notes I forgot to add, point 21, check it out. Anyway, there were plenty of melee weapons with Weak Link and Ignore Armor (for the latter, way more melee weapons than crossbows), so the nerf is for warriors as a whole, not archers only!

• @DarkMiraxus cry is free my boy. Expensive build? You only need a mechbow and gloves of might lmao. Naked with those two items would be doing like 60dps to anybody.

Maybe the new weak link is good who knows.

• @Myhal reported for toxic/spam.

• @Prometheus Yeah but actualy the only way to get 125 marksman its with Gloves of might and mechanized and mechanized has 1 useless battle tactic: rapid fire also, all the other melees can attack while running, that makes moving shot worthless too, so.. mechanized just had 1 good battle tactic, and severing, mauler and fist fighter can easy reach 125 combat tactic now with new artifacts. Thats another bad point for marksman. Final: All marksman weapons has been nerfed and Marksman isnt 1st dps on game anymore. R.I.P.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Wish ia would have been nerfed yesterday cough cough

Changes seem good. It's cool there will be more exalted spawns. Will need to see how some stuff works out in game.

Can't wait to hear about next step of event.

• ROTTEN mushroom event? Well no wonder I couldn't find it, I was looking for the glowing mushroom event.

severing, mauler and fist fighter can easy reach 125 combat tactic now with new artifacts

Marksmen can reach it too, skill bonuses are available on crafted/looted pieces as well.

All marksman weapons has been nerfed and Marksman isnt 1st dps on game anymore

Crossbows have never been the weapons with best base DPS of the game - and nothing was changed in this patch in this regard. The nerf to Ignore Armor, as already pointed out, applies to all fighting skills - Severing in particular.

• @Prometheus fist/invoker will reach 125 fist fighting with magi gloves. Severing will reach 125 with Holy Avenger plus +5 jewel. Marksman will reach 125 with 2 of hard items to get Mechanized crossbow and Gloves of might. And i dont mind about ignore armor has been nerfed the skill still good, but you change ignore armor from mechanized and did put Weak Link... So definitly you ruined my 8 months build in middle of tounrament. So The tournament point never was to see whos the best, the point was to see what character/weapons was the most op. so no point to stay in. It seen like you have some favoritism with VAN, beacuse after they cried for the green mage nerf that noxious staff did magically appeared and im not the only one who is telling this i got whisper from other 2 players in different guild who told me the same. Then Mythal says on torunament "Nerf MEchanized" and magically the crossbow is totaly useless now.

Severing will reach 125 with Holy Avenger plus +5 jewel.

The Holy Avenger is not meant to become a top PvP weapon really. It doesn't have great tactics - we don't hear of people using Parry in PvP, Ignore Armor is not that powerful anymore, Fateful Lightning is meant for PvE. Plus, Undead Slayer is also a PvE mod.

And i dont mind about ignore armor has been nerfed the skill still good, but you change ignore armor from mechanized and did put Weak Link... So definitly you ruined my 8 months build in middle of tounrament.

Once more, our apologies, we were really not aware that exchanging Weak Link for Ignore Armor would be so detrimental for the Mechanized Crossbow. We thought Weak Link would be strong on a fast weapon, but it turns out Weak Link in general is not working well. We'll buff Weak Link in the next patch (early next week) so that the pure damage it adds depends on final damage, not on the weapon's base damage, so it can synergize with high STR/Damage Increase builds.

It seen like you have some favoritism with VAN, beacuse after they cried for the green mage nerf that noxious staff did magically appeared

Every green mage in the game complained about the nerf, Dark, not only VAN. VAN doesn't have any green mage in the tournament. Every person in the game can build and play a green mage. This whole argument is really illogical.

Then Mythal says on torunament "Nerf MEchanized" and magically the crossbow is totaly useless now.

I didn't even notice Myhal saying that during the tournament. And I'm frankly starting to get tired of hearing accusations about us "favoring" this or this other guild with balancing patches, when every player can build any character, and everyone can see that we have implemented balancing changes following the feedback of EVERY player/guild in the game who posted something relevant.

I'm frankly starting to get tired of hearing accusations about us "favoring" this or this other guild with balancing patches, when every player can build any character, and everyone can see that we have implemented balancing changes following the feedback of EVERY player/guild in the game who posted something relevant.

QFE

• @Prometheus 1. we will see... this game is not only about the items, its about how do you use your battle tactics, spiritualism summons and your build. Before the mechanized crossbow nerfed i was the only one using that crossbow.

1. if u are tired, then just do the updates not taking care about the criticism, we will be ok with anything your staff does with the game, im not complaining about the game, im still ok about the nerf of most of crossbows, but im just mad because it was in middle of a Tournament where i did feel used to balance Marksman. But im still fine with all updates you are doing, and everyone should be fine too. But there is always Holya crying and complaining about everything your staff does.

Severing will reach 125 with Holy Avenger plus +5 jewel.

The Holy Avenger is not meant to become a top PvP weapon really. It doesn't have great tactics - we don't hear of people using Parry in PvP, Ignore Armor is not that powerful anymore, Fateful Lightning is meant for PvE. Plus, Undead Slayer is also a PvE mod.

And i dont mind about ignore armor has been nerfed the skill still good, but you change ignore armor from mechanized and did put Weak Link... So definitly you ruined my 8 months build in middle of tounrament.

Once more, our apologies, we were really not aware that exchanging Weak Link for Ignore Armor would be so detrimental for the Mechanized Crossbow. We thought Weak Link would be strong on a fast weapon, but it turns out Weak Link in general is not working well. We'll buff Weak Link in the next patch (early next week) so that the pure damage it adds depends on final damage, not on the weapon's base damage, so it can synergize with high STR/Damage Increase builds.

It seen like you have some favoritism with VAN, beacuse after they cried for the green mage nerf that noxious staff did magically appeared

Every green mage in the game complained about the nerf, Dark, not only VAN. VAN doesn't have any green mage in the tournament. Every person in the game can build and play a green mage. This whole argument is really illogical.

Then Mythal says on torunament "Nerf MEchanized" and magically the crossbow is totaly useless now.

I didn't even notice Myhal saying that during the tournament. And I'm frankly starting to get tired of hearing accusations about us "favoring" this or this other guild with balancing patches, when every player can build any character, and everyone can see that we have implemented balancing changes following the feedback of EVERY player/guild in the game who posted something relevant.

I send random personal messages to @prometheus all the time one was about adding the old instant resurrection pots back into the game, adding the actual fairy doungeon the gnome brothers talk about and the land of the the darklings come from. Just because you don't see a post about adding this or taking that away doesn't mean that it wasn't sent in a personal message

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.