Full screen bug

• This bug happens whenever it wants... -_-
    I am playing on 720p

• You can't use the regular windows full screen button, that would too obvious.

In the top right corner, there is a little square box with arrows (above the screenshot icon), that's what you have to click to make it actually go full screen.

• @Roundwaters No i do use that. But even if i try to do fullscreen with that button, it still does it. Thing is, the bug starts up whenever it wants so i don't know how it reproduces.
    Only thing i can do is restart my pc and "HOPE" the bug doesn't happen. But that's tedious to do... Sometimes the bug will go away on it's own when i dont restart.

• Hi @gameboytj, what is the full resolution of your screen? Do you use a double monitor perhaps?

• @Prometheus Single monitor,
    Resolution: 1280x720
    Sometimes, it will fullscreen as it should.
    But sometimes it will pull this bug that i linked in the 1st post.

• @gameboytj said in Full screen bug:

@Prometheus Single monitor,
    Resolution: 1280x720
    Sometimes, it will fullscreen as it should.
    But sometimes it will pull this bug that i linked in the 1st post.

We tried to reproduce it on a screen of the same size but it works fine for us. Does it happen when you launch the game, and removing and re-applying fullscreen fix it?

• I tried putting it to window and then back to full screen while the bug is active, sadly doesn't fix it. It stays as is. Only quick fix is to restart my pc.

I think changing settings and then relaunching the game causes the bug...

I tried putting it to window and then back to full screen while the bug is active, sadly doesn't fix it. It stays as is. Only quick fix is to restart my pc.

Look in the folder where Linkrealms is installed and open the file Settings.ini with notepad. What are the values of DefaultWidth and DefaultHeight when you are experiencing the bug?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@gameboytj said in Full screen bug:

I tried putting it to window and then back to full screen while the bug is active, sadly doesn't fix it. It stays as is. Only quick fix is to restart my pc.

Look in your Windows display options. If you set some kind of custom settings it will happen. If you try to run the realm editor and you cant see any of the options it gives you in the drop down folder view when you try to select a zappo size wall or etc then this is your issue. You will have to set your Windows display to factory settings. Note that screen backround pictures doesn't count as this issue

• DefaultWidth=1207
    DefaultHeight=722

Is it safe to change thse to match my screen resolution?

• I think i found a possible cause, if i run a game like Dungeon Defenders 2 and then play link realms the bug kicks in...
    I really hope it's safe to change the ini settings, i don't want to get banned for trying to fix it :(

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@gameboytj said in Full screen bug:

I think i found a possible cause, if i run a game like Dungeon Defenders 2 and then play link realms the bug kicks in...
    I really hope it's safe to change the ini settings, i don't want to get banned for trying to fix it :(

Just pm @prometheus to see if it's ok

• @Aries Ok, but yeah the full screen bug only happens if i play dungeon defenders 2 before going back to linkrealms. If i restart the pc, it gets rid of it until i repeat the steps that bring it back.

DefaultWidth=1207
    DefaultHeight=722

Is it safe to change thse to match my screen resolution?

The .ini file is just a configuration file - you can change all you want in it :) That's what your client does when you change settings in the game.

However, given that you figured out it's due to playing that game before Linkrealms, I'm afraid that won't help and we can't be of help either :(

• @Prometheus Oh :(
    I guess i have to restart my pc then anytime i do that

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.