when is this game going to open beta? and why does prince cost so much?

• Not to be a negative Nancy... but this game isn't exactly going to win any awards for graphics or innovation in its respective category. So I beg to ask when this game is actually going to be released in open beta? it seems like it has been in closed for several years already? And the only way to play it all the time is to buy the prince package witch is about 89.00 Dollars!?!? That seems to me to be way to much for this game. and with Albion online coming out in Nov I just don't get it here...looks like the devs might of made a mistake business wise

• Wanted to add I like the game, but its hard for me to justify to keep playing it when I know I can only play it for 2 weeks at a time every couple of months and the game has already been in closed beta for years and may remain there for years more? My only other option is to pay 89 bucks? I would pay 30 bucks at most but 89 is insane, this is not Star citizen and even they don't charge that much. I fear I will be in a hover car 80 years old playing virtual reality sims before this game is ever to market.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

I have become extremely attached to this game that i upgraded to duke founder. I as well am dreading the day when the beta closes, I am not sure why this must be so but if it is a must because it furthers the devolopement for the devs then it must be. Im not sure why they cant work on it with beta server still up and running though?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Angeleyes said:

I have become extremely attached to this game that i upgraded to duke founder. I as well am dreading the day when the beta closes, I am not sure why this must be so but if it is a must because it furthers the devolopement for the devs then it must be. Im not sure why they cant work on it with beta server still up and running though?

I feel the same way but most betas closed or open get completely wiped esp closed. We are having the opportunity to play bits at a time and help a development team of 3 do QA and enjoy the game while keeping our progress. I am satisfied enough with that and hope that through our feedback we can work out some kinks so when they bring the game to open beta its more polished. I do dread the day when this closed beta closes tho sigh. I do want to say tho that assuming this coming week the new sorcerer spells get added we should get at least 1 more week extension to to soem testing :)

• This game has been really fun so far I hope its not a hidden cash grab for old UO addicts. I think once you go steam you kinda have to have all the bugs fixed or you will get lots of complainers after a time?

• @zarconis said:

Not to be a negative Nancy... but this game isn't exactly going to win any awards for graphics or innovation in its respective category. So I beg to ask when this game is actually going to be released in open beta? it seems like it has been in closed for several years already? And the only way to play it all the time is to buy the prince package witch is about 89.00 Dollars!?!? That seems to me to be way to much for this game. and with Albion online coming out in Nov I just don't get it here...looks like the devs might of made a mistake business wise

I wouldnt even do that...when you buy a founder pack you can only play all of the time on the Test Server...and that Server will be wiped...So really there is no point in buying it unless you want the perks. I wouldnt waste time on the test Server at all when i could play DarkScape :-)

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@dirtpoor said:

This game has been really fun so far I hope its not a hidden cash grab for old UO addicts. I think once you go steam you kinda have to have all the bugs fixed or you will get lots of complainers after a time?

the fundamentals and the base of this game are there. The game is very playable and I have yet to find any bugs that make it otherwise. this game could be put on EA in its current state for sure, not that im suggesting that. (as long as its not in 5 years from now...)
    EA release on STEAM will be the real test though to see if this is all just a cash grab.

I have to be honest the lack of dev activity scares me for sure.... I havent been around here long and know a little about the history (the game was ditched for awhile ive gathered) so im not going to run my mouth about things im ignorant to, i know they have lives and their is only 1-3 of them? My reason for feeling this way is because in my excperience, ANY time devs are "idle" things go awry, Every time.

Hopefuly i don't know what the hell im talking about. This game is amazing

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

I saw Prometheus mention in game 2016 x quarter (dont remember which) the open beta would be beginning. I like the approach they are taking trying to get things to a more polished state. You cant have a ton of people popping in from steam or even an open beta and getting that nvidia error a lot of people are getting. Making new player experience better is crucial (like the guy who searched 6 hours for a staff because a vendor wasnt selling one) etc etc. The game itself is far from a cash grab considering you can literally not pay anything to play it and you have 0 restrictions. Not many games can say that (no others that I know of personally)

• Hi @zarconis , the game is planned to be released in open beta in early 2016, while the full release should take place in 2016 as well, but we are not ready to announce what quarter yet.

The possibility to play on the Test Server is not the main perk of the Prince pack. The pack costs 90$, and you get 96$ of worth claim stake and credits with it (!), plus all the special items. The Test Server is our staging server, you are able to set your skills and stats in there and it is of course subject to wipes. In short, it's a real "test" server as you might have seen in other games already. So if "playing" for you means to play on an actual server where you progress normally and that won't be wiped, then nope, no one can really "play all the time", not even Princes.

As far as the beta goes, we are trying to push the game to Steam EA as soon as possible - then the beta, while still being closed, will be running permanently!

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

Thanks for the Info Prometheus.

In my opinion the game is solid enough to go soon for EA ;) As others users said - there is only one launch on steam - but as long as the game is not extremely bugged (and believe me, there are many EA games or even few RELEASED that are almost unplayable with all the bugs!) - majority of steam users will be happy to play it.

Any update about upcoming PvE server?
    Will it be available on future closed beta tests? Or it will go live only with steam EA or just for release?

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.