Beta Update - Patch 1.5 (11-15-15)

• Hi all,

the bulk of the work done on this patch involved the implementation of new Sorcery spells and rebalancing of the Mage experience on Linkrealms. Moreover, additional bug fixes and improvements to the PvE experience were introduced.

The wiki page on Sorcery contains detailed information on the spells that have been added or changed.

With this patch, we also announce the end of the Open Week. Logging in the game from now on requires again having purchased a Founder Pack or a verified a Beta Key.
    Moreover, the end of the Fall Beta has officially been set for Sunday, the 22nd of November.

Please notice that some of items on the list below have already gone live "silently" during the week.

ADDITIONS

1 - 5 new spells have been added to Sorcery: Glacial Wind, Bewilder, Frailty, Cure, Poison

2 - Founder Titles are now displayed below players' names in game.

CHANGES

1 - Sorcery spells Might and Quicken have been combined in one spell (just called Might).

2 - Sorcery spells Insight and Clarity have been combined in one spell (just called Insight).

3 - The damage of Sorcery spells has been rebalanced. Base damages are now higher, while the effect of Ennlightenment and Wisdom is lower. This will make it easier for new mage characters to fight. See this wiki page for more information.

4 - Staffs are now generated with the same average durability of weapons, and they also lose the same maximum durability as weapons (on average) when they are repaired.

5 - The Crystal Buffing Wheel is now less likely to break randomly, while the premium item Crystal Tuner now has 10 charges instead of 5.

6 - Almost all mobs in game (besides a few "boss" monsters) now use the more sophisticated Flow AI instead of the old AI. Their behavior should be improved considerably, particularly when it comes to homing (that is, going back to their spawn point instead of following their target indefinitely).

BUG FIXES

1 - Noxious Plague now works correctly.

2 - It is possible again to whisper to Admins and Game Masters without being on their Friend List.

3 - Fixed skill arrows of Battle Tactics - Concentration, Spiritualism - Staff Fighting, and Spell Defiance.

4 - Fixed a bug that was making player realms lose their server-side mask after patches, causing monsters to pass through walls and other glitches.

5 - Skills raised by tools can go up to level 100 in safe areas. Please notice that for prospecting this applies only to panning dirt, while digging in town doesn't raise the skill above level 40.

6 - Poisoning now correctly enters the global cap of 700 skill levels.

7 - Ball Lightning now correctly deals Shock damage instead of Ice.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

NICE! Love you.:)

• ohh well it was already hard as hell to reach a mage in 1x1 battle cus of blink... now its probably impossible to face a mage without dieing. Mages was the stronges character in team battle and also the easyest classes to solo dungeons and hard creatures. The single weak spot of mages was that they coudn´t do 1x1 battle very well.. probably now the meele classes are kinda worthless in pvp

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

So now mages have infinite cripple? That is ridiculous. So now I have to be a mage to do pvp or just die?

• Now mages are worst off than before. Great patch!

@Myhal Why are mages worse off? Everything that was done was to make them more viable..

• @clavicus overall scaling got reduced, a level 60 sorcery can hit as hard as my 96. All of my spells deal less dmg except shock phase. Sure it helps mages at lower levels, but it hurts them later through the game

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Myhal said:

@clavicus overall scaling got reduced, a level 60 sorcery can hit as hard as my 96. All of my spells deal less dmg except shock phase. Sure it helps mages at lower levels, but it hurts them later through the game

Exactly. All they did was switch mage from being powerful later game to earlier game. The mage wont get exceptionally more powerful from there on out, except for Items. Right?

@Myhal Sorcery never boosted the damage of spells. Raising sorcery just allows you to cast more spells.

• @ angeleyes Even items will only provide up to 40% spell dmg thats it. @Clavicus My bad I meant enlightment, it got reduces from a 200% to 100% scaling, meaning ill only have like 30% more base damage compared to a level 60 sorcerer. With most spells having a base of like 25 thats only an extra 7 dmg. Isnt that lame

• @Myhal said:

@ angeleyes Even items will only provide up to 40% spell dmg thats it. @Clavicus My bad I meant enlightment, it got reduces from a 200% to 100% scaling, meaning ill only have like 30% more base damage compared to a level 60 sorcerer. With most spells having a base of like 25 thats only an extra 7 dmg. Isnt that lame

You are right, the spell damage increase Enlightenment gives you is no longer what it used to be. However, I invite you to read of this new addition:

http://wiki.linkrealms.com/view/ESR

Which is now working for a couple spells and modules, and more to come. Enlightenment now makes even more of a difference, particularly in PvP!

• i think running should decrease stamina points like it is in Ultima Online, this would really balance PVP

• Just swinging your sword should consume stamina points.

• @Vengeance why? running 10+ screens without stopping is quite a physical effort too, or is every single mage on linkrealm a natural born marathonete? ;D

If running or swinging would decrease stamina.. they'd have to create a craft-able or purchasable addition to the game that would regenerate this loss of stamina.. if referencing to UO.. perhaps a greater refresh potion ( red pot )
    perhaps a different name/ color... but same effect
    Because if it got the point where you're drained 100% .. you're unable to move.
    Stam loss is a real thing.. and very upsetting when it happens in the worst of times ..hehehe.

• Well there is a ton of food in the game that serves no real purpose. Would make sense to pair that with stamina.

very good point vengy

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.