Can we get rid or the PvP areas on the PvE server?

• The only reason to play on the pve server is because you don't want pvp.

Ganking on the PvE server is not currently an issue, but I expect it will be eventually, and we really can't afford to lose players.

Also, remove bless scrolls or have them do something useful for pve. I'm getting tired of players asking what things do when my reply 70% of the time is "that does nothing"

• @Roundwaters said in Can we get rid or the PvP areas on the PvE server?:

The only reason to play on the pve server is because you don't want pvp.

Ganking on the PvE server is not currently an issue, but I expect it will be eventually, and we really can't afford to lose players.

Also, remove bless scrolls or have them do something useful for pve. I'm getting tired of players asking what things do when my reply 70% of the time is "that does nothing"

We've been talking about this in the team. It's a possibility indeed. As for the bless scrolls, absolutely. We are remaking the drop system entirely and they will no longer drop on the PvE server.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus my 2 cents is it makes sense to make it fully non pvp. The people playing pve are there in my opinion to avoid it. What if some pvp kids decided to make chars on pve just to murder those ppl (I've thought about it) take care of the issue before it arises.

Let the pre Phoenix peeps xfer their chars if desired. The game has been non wiped for how long? Anything acquired back then item wise is basically junk minus Arty's. Pstones were acquired on the same pvp ruleset. Making money back then consisted of growing grapes and selling wine to vendors. The chars themselves are junk because of all the changes. We all paid for certain items on those accounts that is basically wasted money. Let's get this done.

• @Clavicus said in Can we get rid or the PvP areas on the PvE server?:

Let the pre Phoenix peeps xfer their chars if desired. The game has been non wiped for how long? Anything acquired back then item wise is basically junk minus Arty's. Pstones were acquired on the same pvp ruleset. Making money back then consisted of growing grapes and selling wine to vendors. The chars themselves are junk because of all the changes. We all paid for certain items on those accounts that is basically wasted money. Let's get this done.

As I've explained a few times, there is not only a matter of principle behind the decision not to transfer characters, but also a technical one. It just cannot be done reliably. Apologies, but it just won't happen :(

@Prometheus @Gorstak @Amnesiac @PingPongLR @Aries

@Prometheus said in Concerning beta and realms.:

Hi all, several answers ;)
    4. No transfers between servers are possible. In the future we might have them as premium feature, but never between PvP and PvE servers.

Let me know if you have any other concern!

So now that I have used your own quote stating you could do it as a premium feature.... I will recap exactly what I previously said. As principle I paid money for items on that character. I spent a huge amount of time on the character. You guys closed down... remade phoenix... did not allow a transfer... and now its been how long since pvp has been up and running with no wipe? People have had a ton of time to farm their own shit. There is 0 advantage on having these FEW characters moved.

There is nothing unethical about transfering my char/other pre phoenix chars from the old server to phoenix. All you have to do is set a time limit ie accepting transfers for 1 month for any character made pre phoenix who wants to transfer to pvp. Note once complete you cannot go back/this is for the specified time frame only.

A. We paid rl money for things on our chars and now that money is completely wasted. I am a pvper... I dont want to play on pve...
    B. Argents are now abundant... Pre phoenix we made money by turning grapes to wine and selling them to vendors.
    C. Anything from mount viscious area / stone abyss was pvp with the same ruleset/ffa. Hades was trash. Gnome only had the crown... bw had a lot more artys but most were nerfed/are now not artifacts.
    D. Any character from back then skill wise blows. A lot of the new skills were not implemented back then (and its easy as shit to raise skills)
    E. Almost 100% of the gear from back then is junk except for some artifacts. A ton of artifacts from bw have been decommissioned and are close to worthless.
    F. I am asking for exceptions for a SMALL group of people who still play now that use to back then.. you know.. a loyal customer... The people I can think of currently would be ldk.. pingpong/.. myself.. frostee.. amused.. i doubt aries would transfer but idk...
    G. Again we spent real money/countless hours on these characters and are condemned to a dead lame server...

If we are talking about PRINCIPLE this should have been done a long ago and I shouldnt have to keep randomly mentioning it.

EDIT

And you have literally given out more free UNEARNED gear in this game than anything I ever obtained while doing bw in safety. The amount of gear you have given out previously due to the server wipes (pre item "tracking) is astounding... This is not an accusation... this is a fact.

EDIT EDIT YES IM ANGRY And lets not even get started post tracking and you rerolling peoples artis for better skills and shit.. giving stat potions to people who hadnt earned them.. the list goes on.

Feel free to move this post somewhere else / im assuming you will lock it honestly

@Clavicus said in Can we get rid or the PvP areas on the PvE server?:

@Prometheus @Gorstak @Amnesiac @PingPongLR @Aries

@Prometheus said in Concerning beta and realms.:

Hi all, several answers ;)
    4. No transfers between servers are possible. In the future we might have them as premium feature, but never between PvP and PvE servers.

Let me know if you have any other concern!

So now that I have used your own quote stating you could do it as a premium feature.... I will recap exactly what I previously said. As principle I paid money for items on that character. I spent a huge amount of time on the character. You guys closed down... remade phoenix... did not allow a transfer... and now its been how long since pvp has been up and running with no wipe? People have had a ton of time to farm their own shit. There is 0 advantage on having these FEW characters moved.

There is nothing unethical about transfering my char/other pre phoenix chars from the old server to phoenix. All you have to do is set a time limit ie accepting transfers for 1 month for any character made pre phoenix who wants to transfer to pvp. Note once complete you cannot go back/this is for the specified time frame only.

A. We paid rl money for things on our chars and now that money is completely wasted. I am a pvper... I dont want to play on pve...
    B. Argents are now abundant... Pre phoenix we made money by turning grapes to wine and selling them to vendors.
    C. Anything from mount viscious area / stone abyss was pvp with the same ruleset/ffa. Hades was trash. Gnome only had the crown... bw had a lot more artys but most were nerfed/are now not artifacts.
    D. Any character from back then skill wise blows. A lot of the new skills were not implemented back then (and its easy as shit to raise skills)
    E. Almost 100% of the gear from back then is junk except for some artifacts. A ton of artifacts from bw have been decommissioned and are close to worthless.
    F. I am asking for exceptions for a SMALL group of people who still play now that use to back then.. you know.. a loyal customer... The people I can think of currently would be ldk.. pingpong/.. myself.. frostee.. amused.. i doubt aries would transfer but idk...
    G. Again we spent real money/countless hours on these characters and are condemned to a dead lame server...

If we are talking about PRINCIPLE this should have been done a long ago and I shouldnt have to keep randomly mentioning it.

EDIT

And you have literally given out more free UNEARNED gear in this game than anything I ever obtained while doing bw in safety. The amount of gear you have given out previously due to the server wipes (pre item "tracking) is astounding... This is not an accusation... this is a fact.

EDIT EDIT YES IM ANGRY And lets not even get started post tracking and you rerolling peoples artis for better skills and shit.. giving stat potions to people who hadnt earned them.. the list goes on.

Feel free to move this post somewhere else / im assuming you will lock it honestly

Yes I totally agree with you on this. If given the chance to completely transfer I would that day. Pve is dying down so much sense I first started years and years ago. I find myself only on pve to test certain items in safety. Just not much interaction with anyone on that server. If anyone is on pve server is if there just sitting there leveling afk more annoying than anything

@Roundwaters said in Can we get rid or the PvP areas on the PvE server?:

The only reason to play on the pve server is because you don't want pvp.

I can see the mountain area and stone abyss being pvp but no need for realms to be PvP any more

• Not even that. Hoyla was asking to buy items from me on the PvE server. It ALL needs to go.

Not even that are. Hoyla was asking to buy items from me on the PvE server. It ALL needs to go.

Pve needs a major overhaul with the items on it. Same with PvP the items are just way to much. Example why would you need a mage crusher on pve it doesn't effect any of the mobs to my knowledge. Same with PvP server I'm sure. A lot of the tatcis are pure junk for pve and PvP. I know it's a major overhaul but it needs to be done. I can't tell you the last time I used any battle tactics on the pve server besides weak link with ethereal chains and the ethereal weapon booster in spirirtualism. I never used sorcery sense the major over haul was done to it from the old days. The casting implementation is just pure shit for pve and that mobs can interupt you while you cast a spell. I know you need a level of 100 to not get this problem but it's just pve I mean come on heh. I know a lot of people will complain that most of the PvP server wasn't addressed but I don't really play on that server knowing I have to spend more time grinding then what I need to. I just don't have the patience for it. If I could transfer my skills on my own other having to bug the devs when there hands are so tied up as it is. I could care less about the items those I could get on my own though it would be nice to be able to have an option you can buy from the store shop to clone items and one to transfer cloned items to another server. I know they said it just can't be done but it's a money maker either way for them :)

• Try Disintegrate. It one shots just about everything even without any skill points in abjuration, and casts instantly. Takes 2 shots to kill a minotaur.

Try Disintegrate. It one shots just about everything even without any skill points in abjuration, and casts instantly. Takes 2 shots to kill a minotaur.

That's just one spell to how many in that book?

• I know, but it makes the game playable. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do anything.
    I was loathe to mention it so the devs don't nerf it, but I feel bad for all the other players banging their heads against a wall.

I know, but it makes the game playable. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do anything.
    I was loathe to mention it so the devs don't nerf it, but I feel bad for all the other players banging their heads against a wall.

Only if it was op against players I could see it

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.