Linkrealms Video Guide Program

• Hey you,

Are you an experienced player looking for a chance to help newcomers to learn the basics of Linkrealms? Or perhaps you'd be willing to share your knowledge of advanced PvP and PvE for a profit and popularity? Then hesitate no more: record your video guide, upload it on YouTube and post the link of the video here!

This is not a competition - everyone with relevant submissions will be rewarded for it! What are the rewards, I can hear you think?

• Store Credits / Founder Packs;
    • Forum title;
    • In-game title (below the character's name);
    • Featuring on a new "guides" category on www.linkrealms.com.

Of course, rewards will be given out proportionally to the amount and the quality of the content produced. The forum and game title in particular will be only assigned to players with several outstanding submissions. The amounts of credits given is going to be generous for everyone: we won't hesitate to reward the makers of exceptional guides with hundreds of store credits! Some criteria we'll be considering are:

• Recording quality (minimum resolution: 720p, suggested: 1080p or more);
    • Voice-over (well, this is pretty much a must-have);
    • Actual knowledge on the topic recorded ;)
    • Entertainment value (a guide can be fun too!).

Have a look below for the three main categories a guide can fall into!

New Player Guides

This category is the one we're interested in the most, and it includes guides specifically targeted at newcomer. A few topics that fit in this category:

• Game fundamentals (settings, controls, skills, stats...);
    • Location fundamentals (quests, zones, dungeons...);
    • PvE fundamentals;
    • PvP fundamentals (in particular how not to get PK'd);
    • Realm editor fundamentals.

PvE Guides

This category includes videos explaining how to effectively do PvE in Linkrealms. Unlike videos falling into the "new player guides" category, we're talking of mid/high level PvE here. Issues that should be touched here:

• How to build an effective PvE character (skills, stats, equipment);
    • Pros and cons of different PvE character builds;
    • How to complete different dungeons;
    • How to deal with PvP when using a PvE character.

A word of warning: we're not looking for classic dungeon run / gameplay videos. We're looking for guides! ;)

PvP Guides

This category includes videos describing how to effectively do PvP in Linkrealms. Unlike videos falling into the "new player guides" category, we're talking of mid/high level PvP here. A few possible topics (among others):

• How to build an effective PvP character (skills, stats, equipment);
    • Pros and cons of different PvP character builds;
    • How to 1v1, 2v2, group vs group;

In this case too, actual PvP footage (including from friendly fights) is a plus, but the video should be a guide, non a mere PvP fight recording.

Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

We're waiting for your submissions!

• Goddamn, I was going to make guides but now it's going to make me look like a tryhard

Actual knowledge on the topic recorded ;)

oh shit I'm out

• @Prometheus
    i really hope the entrys are not only VIDEO related, game wiki needs a lot of info and update

• @jymnils while i agree with this, i think one of the reasons for the event isn't simply to get information out but to do so in way that also advertises the game. hence youtube vids.

posting guides on forums or wiki's doesn't really spread the word but posting guides on youtube both educate the players and advertises the game.

would be nice if did a seperate event where written guides on forum/wiki was also rewarded and also could consider doing an event for streaming/watching on twitch (if we have streamers) though i think it's too early to be working too much on advertising as the game needs a lot more IMO

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@jymnils i'm personally deleting your wiki contributes due to the lack of a readable english and the lack of true contents...

Before infect the wiki, start play seriously....

• OK i really like the event here. Feels like my voice is heard. I really think this will get us much more ppl in here. I will try to help with some guides or a series of em. Also I will personally try to contact some ppl out there that do reviews and top 10 videos that already have many subscribers to touch our subject.

About what was mentioned above for fixing and expanding game I also agree, but since development has some issues with earnings, this can't be done without new people coming in here.

Now that this is being worked, I will go write down my suggestions both on cash store that must change asap and also a separate thread for general suggestions and fixes.

• Screw the video, I'm making some web pages. Practical easy to access information.

• @Siltoruz

@Siltoruz said in Linkrealms Video Guide Program:

About what was mentioned above for fixing and expanding game I also agree, but since development has some issues with earnings, this can't be done without new people coming in here.

but the thing is, that is going about it backwards, they MUST not should but must do the things required to increase player retention before can even think about things that increase revenue. If revenue is this much of an issue, then the option is things like crowdfunding, kickstarter, indigo.... things like that... if the devs are worried about not reaching their goal they can put in flexable goals and outline what the funds will be used for at each goal then even if they don't make the final goal they still get what people did happen to donate.

but nothing that is done to the cash shop, vip.. new items... or what ever is going to matter if the players don't stick around long enough

• Exactly AWOL, but the devs won't acknowledge that the game isn't really ready in it's current state.

• @awol_lsdI agree with you. I m writing about crowdfunding everywhere

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus in regards to the ingame title. is it the players choice? does it have to pertain to the video or be wahtever the player would like as long as its respectable? (nothing offensive etc)

• FOUNDER: DUKE

i feel to say a thing about the "voice-over":
    This game is international, but players are not all english-friendly, so sure u can record your voice on the tutorial video, but i'm pretty sure subtitles or better graphics and lines and text on the video could help more....

personally i'm going to move in this direction....

• @Meziljin said in Linkrealms Video Guide Program:

@jymnils i'm personally deleting your wiki contributes due to the lack of a readable english and the lack of true contents...

Before infect the wiki, start play seriously....

as far as i remember i only added 1 or 2 page and stop there, i stop because i found that most of the pages were locked, and BTW even with all the mistakes i could add its a lot better to have something that NOTHING.

still you on your right to do the edits you want to

• @jymnils said in Linkrealms Video Guide Program:

Misinformation is better than no information

• my efforts to generate a video on Linkrealms Great spider cave
    sorry for the bad English :-\
    Also tell me if i have to delete it if it is too bad ;)
    https://youtu.be/s60sjRlGj3o

• @jymnils said in Linkrealms Video Guide Program:

@Prometheus
    i really hope the entrys are not only VIDEO related, game wiki needs a lot of info and update

They are not only video related, but videos are highly suggested!

@Clavicus said in Linkrealms Video Guide Program:

@Prometheus in regards to the ingame title. is it the players choice? does it have to pertain to the video or be wahtever the player would like as long as its respectable? (nothing offensive etc)

It will be a standard title for top guide makers, not a custom title :)

@Meziljin said in Linkrealms Video Guide Program:

i feel to say a thing about the "voice-over":
    This game is international, but players are not all english-friendly, so sure u can record your voice on the tutorial video, but i'm pretty sure subtitles or better graphics and lines and text on the video could help more....

Following a video with written instructions is not very easy, and typically not very entertaining, so I would advise against that. We are totally fine with the voiceover not being in English tho!

@Dreworok said in Linkrealms Video Guide Program:

my efforts to generate a video on Linkrealms Great spider cave
    sorry for the bad English :-
    Also tell me if i have to delete it if it is too bad

Thank you for the submission! The explanation is really clear and your English is great :slight_smile: The recording seem to have some issues tho, both regarding resolution and the smoothness of the video itself, which shouldn't happen with Bandicam unless you have a very old machine. I think there are some settings you need to change in Bandicam. Can you tell me what's the resolution of your screen and the CPU and GPU of your PC?

• i used 1280x720 on bandicam

Processor a
    2,40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3630QM
    256 kilobyte primary memory cache
    1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (4 total)
    Hyper-threaded (8 total)

8078 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Display

Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 [Display adapter]
    NVIDIA GeForce 610M [Display adapter]

• @Dreworok said in Linkrealms Video Guide Program:

i used 1280x720 on bandicam

Processor a
    2,40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3630QM
    256 kilobyte primary memory cache
    1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (4 total)
    Hyper-threaded (8 total)

8078 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Display

Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 [Display adapter]
    NVIDIA GeForce 610M [Display adapter]

Your PC is more than powerful enough to have a max quality recording with 60+ FPS in Bandicam, so you definitely configured something wrong in there eheh. I've just sent you a PM so we can figure it out there!

• @pokko984 said in Linkrealms Video Guide Program:

@Dreworok said in Linkrealms Video Guide Program:

great work falck ;)

Good job from me too for the first guide here. I wish i find some time this week to add mine too. Btw started a newbie guide today, so i think i ll make that as video guide too when done.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.