Portal Wand

• I have no idea if something like that is already in game because I didn't see it even once, but if we have teleport wand or chart location wand, there should be portal wand also... Mostly because if I want to go with my friend to gnome dungeon or any other dungeon which requires map, one of us needs to have at least 70 sorcery for portal spell, what is kinda bad if we don't play mage characters at all... Maybe there is another way to go there together than by using portal spell but I didn't hear about it yet? If so, I would be glad if someone tell me how.

• Pay a mage to do it, lulz

• There is not much mages atm... And they are not always available to do it. Also you could say the same about charting location - "pay mage to do it, delete the wand from game".

• I mean you can always walk there, portal wand would render the mage's portal obsolete unfortunately.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

maybe we should just make a wand for every sorcerer spell in the game so nobody needs sorcery to cast spells. (/sarcasm off) and enlightenment will allow people to craft scrolls to cast spells although you will need sorcery just a lower level to cast.

@Clavicus said:

maybe we should just make a wand for every sorcerer spell in the game so nobody needs sorcery to cast spells. (/sarcasm off) and enlightenment will allow people to craft scrolls to cast spells although you will need sorcery just a lower level to cast.

I agree with you clav. If there was a wand for every spell known sorcery would be null and void. Yeah I can see a teleport wands and chart location wand. A portal wand sounds terrible. Yes I know there is a lack of mage people on that could cast the spell for you. Also note that this is a game in beta if you don't like the fact no one wants to be a mage then become one your self. No one said you have to Max it out :)

On a side note this is free to play customize your character how he/she wants not how you want everyone to be

1. Where the hell I asked about any sorcerer spell? Why do you even repeat Clavicus' sarcastic not even needed comment @Aries ?
    2. You can see teleport and chart wands GOOD JOB MATE! Probably because THESE ARE ALREADY IN GAME right? Now give me really good arguments why portal wand sounds terrible to you, because it is not fighting spell/buff spell/nor any other crucial mage spell which would make mage useless or something. And I really would like to hear these arguments from you @Aries instead these you just repeat after others, so stop quoting them and go ahead with your own thoughts.

@Vetro said:

1. Where the hell I asked about any sorcerer spell? Why do you even repeat Clavicus' sarcastic not even needed comment @Aries ?
    2. You can see teleport and chart wands GOOD JOB MATE! Probably because THESE ARE ALREADY IN GAME right? Now give me really good arguments why portal wand sounds terrible to you, because it is not fighting spell/buff spell/nor any other crucial mage spell which would make mage useless or something. And I really would like to hear these arguments from you @Aries instead these you just repeat after others, so stop quoting them and go ahead with your thoughts

Yes they are in game and we have asked for many years for them to be in the game and they only have been in the for a year or two. I only repeated it cuz I agree with him if you didn't have the brain the size of a peanut you would have seen that :) on a side note the reason the why I say no to a portal wand is as followed you only need to cast it once ie say for arguments sake it takes 40 mana to cast it and be level say 40 (now this is just an example don't get your panties in a bunch) then that's all you need. If they did add it in then the mages could just use that instead of there staff. Which leads me to my point of this. That they add more spells on a wand that a mage would have why be mage if you can get all the spells on wands. Note you could eventually run into a mage and make good friends with that person then you could drop it all :)

@Vetro The comment is needed. As for why it obviously shouldnt be on a wand is because a sorcerer spends a ton of argents to raise their sorcery. They spend a ton of time. It is EARNED. At a minimum it requires 70 sorc to cast and 90 to master. Only sorcerers should be able to cast this spell or eventually someone with the required level of sorcery to use a scroll that a sorcerer crafts. I rest my case. I drop my mic. Peace out.

• Still these arguments are kinda invalid. Mages indeed raise their sorcery and spend argents for using sorcery spells to master them. but they are not doing it exactly for portal spell but for high tier damage spells. Portal is just on the way to lets say meteor shower or however it is called. Same with chart location wand and teleport wand (charting is 50 sorcery after all). And even if we have these 2 wands in game already, please don't tell me mages are buying these wands instead of just using their learned spells which is way easier and cheaper for them because that would be really amazing waste of argents... And the same would be with portal wand.

• Hi @Vetro , Chart and Teleport wands are there to make the life of a Warrior a bit easier - otherwise one would always need a mage for his "everyday/routine" gameplay. This is even more true for Classic servers, where map marking and teleporting is less restricted and thus far more common. Portal instead is a different story - you only need it if you are running around with a group, or for special places such as the Lizzogoth Jungle dungeons and the Gnome dungeon (again, if you want to enter with a group). In that case, yes, you need and will keep needing the help of a mage :)

• The problem is the execution of this design is wishy washy. Both sides of the argument make sense, the problem is the mechanics aren't committing to any side.

Either commit to this hiring of mages idea and get rid of all wands, or keep wands and add a portal wand too. Makes no sense to split it down the middle. Commit to one, and make changes to the rest of the game to support it.

This doesn't even begin to address the frost griffon wand or the gnome king's fruit rain wand. Make some clear design decisions!

@Vengeance said:

The problem is the execution of this design is wishy washy. Both sides of the argument make sense, the problem is the mechanics aren't committing to any side.

Either commit to this hiring of mages idea and get rid of all wands, or keep wands and add a portal wand too. Makes no sense to split it down the middle. Commit to one, and make changes to the rest of the game to support it.

This doesn't even begin to address the frost griffon wand or the gnome king's fruit rain wand. Make some clear design decisions!

The decision to have the wand shows the commitment of allowing players template freedom. It would make no sense if every player had to carry 40 sorcery just so they could teleport and mark. It would be possible to add a common skill or add teleport and mark to spiritually. But why focus resources to a change like this? There are many other areas the developers could focus their resources instead of catering to your constant whining.

As far as the griffon and gnome wands. I played this game for over a year and never once saw anyone use these wands. I will never use one as a warrior either. The developers will nerf them if they ever become a problem.

• @Prometheus You said "making warrior's life a bit easier". Charting needs 50 sorcery so you could also ask a mage to chart a map for you. Teleport needs 30 sorcery to cast it, so they could always just put 30 points in that skill and we don't need any wands at all ;) I am also playing a warrior (just letting ppl know, so they can't say "play warrior you will see the need of these 30 points") but of course it was just my suggestion. No is a no ;)

• It would be nice if there were little tiny secret sancuaries and hobbit holes that are safe zones people can mark to. And eventually experienced players will know of a safe spot in every quadrant of the map.

Like maybe a hidden trail behind a tree that zones someone to the peak of a mountain. A peak you can portal to.

Or a crystal hiding in the hole of a big tree where the entrance hole is in the back of the tree so most players wont find it.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@dirtpoor

what?

@dirtpoor said:

It would be nice if there were little tiny secret sancuaries and hobbit holes that are safe zones people can mark to. And eventually experienced players will know of a safe spot in every quadrant of the map.

Like maybe a hidden trail behind a tree that zones someone to the peak of a mountain. A peak you can portal to.

Or a crystal hiding in the hole of a big tree where the entrance hole is in the back of the tree so most players wont find it.

I find this amusing. If they did have this then it would not be a hardcore server. On a side note if it was in a spot that player's won't find it then how would you find it?

@dirtpoor dude you smokin that good stuff

• id just like to be able to add people to a a realms friends list without them needing to be on the realm. Making guilds with great realm locations have the power to be toll roads for fast transport for a fee. As a nearly maxxed Mage. thats my dream.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.