pvp pve flags

• I have heard that some players would like to have a second server pve based.
    I don't like pve servers cause I think they are somewhat boring because
    something is missing such the possibility to meet murderers that I think is one of the greatest reason that I come to this game.

Nonetheless i understand that we are not all agree when we think about a mmorpg.
    I think that a solution should be having a pvp and pve flag on the characters like i have seen in othergames so that if someone have pvp flag can always attack someone else
    (even in safe zones outside the walls of the cities) and if the flag is instead pve he cannot be attacked.

pve flags can be obtain through a quest in safe zone that makes u invulnerable to players.

I am not so happy about the idea that i have just exposed , because i like pvp and phoenix server. But maybe this could be an idea for not having 2 ore 3 server of link realms dividing the future community that will result when the game will be launched on steam.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

ehehehhe no

• 3294832984 times "NO".

• lol my reputation is decreasing under zero !
    Maybe I shouldn't have even written about that.
    I prefer too this pvp server eh!

lol

• @Dreworok I guess your reputation won't be harmed at all, but if someone wants to only PvE in a game like this, he should just change the game or spend whole time in safe zone ;) I can see all of these "PvE only players" coming to your dungeon runs and pissing you off 24/7 by killing your monsters/stealing your loot and you can just do nothing but watch, because "hey I'm flagged as PvE, now deal with it"... I remember some games I played with PvE only - truly pain in the ass.

• maybe i haven't considered some important aspects that u just pointed out :)

Dont sweat it a bad rep is a good thing in PvP game, and you say you actually do like LR the way it so your good. I didn't mean to sound like a dillweed with the chuckling but it wouldnt let me post under eight characters or i simply would have just said No.

Like Vetro said if anyone has a problem with the type of game LR is they need to leave and forget about this game forever. Go select off of the smorgasbord of PvE oriented WoW replicas that are released virtually every day and leave this little gem alone.

If they are going to make a PvE server great, Have at it. But I suppose anyone who comes here and encourages intermingling of both types of servers is gonna get flammed hard, as they should.

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

Don't worry Dreworok, it happened to me as well when I tried to propose to make 2 Facets like in UO and I got badly blasted ;)
    But I can understand both parts..and I'm sure when EA will arrive on Steam, the playerbase will increase enough to have enough players for PvP and for PvE server. Each one his own..and everyone happy.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

We do have a pve server it does have pvp dungeon and pvp lands plus player owned pvp realms. It's currently on the back burner at the moment. I'm guessing they will open it when the green light hits for steam

ooh thanks for the update!

• some ppl froget or dont' know dat this game was first PVE not PVP

actually I wasn't aware at all. I'm the opinion this game is perfectly suitable for both PvE and PvP environments. I can understand hardcore PvP'er oldschool rpgers want to keep this direction - especially when only in this last year PvP sandboxes started to come out or work in progress pvp sandboxes after Darkfall (das tal, camelot unchained, Crowfall, Albion Online). From the other side - there is no need for such hate for people who prefers PvE and telling "there is plenty of others MMO PvE". True, but they are all craps, mostly quest-hub based, and "true" sandboxes for sure not (ArcheAge, Black Desert,..).
    So I hope that devs will just go on with the project of both servers. There is no reason for PvP'ers to complain about a PvE Server (who wants to play hardcore ruleset, will anyway stay on the PvP server), and for the others players who prefers to enjoy a sandbox in a softer way, the PvE server.

• @Esan said:

some ppl froget or dont' know dat this game was first PVE not PVP

Then it seems we have played different games friend. Since very first alpha Linkrealms had PvP but it wasn't as open as it is now. And it is much better the way it is now.

• "had" some PVP not buildit for PVP

• Coming back to flags of pvp and pve .
    I have seen that in another game there are pve only zone and also pvp only zones.
    In pvp zones resources are more then resources in pve zones
    and monster have more loot and bosses are more strong and drop more interesting stuff. In pve zone all is less.
    In pve zones player with pvp flag could attack other players with pvp flags.
    pve players are invulnerable in pve zones but become vulnerable again in pvp zones.

Of course again i am not happy and i want phoenix server as hard core as it is :)
    but i am always worried about having the community divided into two server when we will on steam ty for the attention and now flam me :)

• @Dreworok said:

I have seen that in another game there are pve only zone and also pvp only zones.
    In pvp zones resources are more then resources in pve zones

We do have such zones already. PvE cemetery for basic skills + bandits cave for money + cows/sheeps/deers if you want basic tailoring/cooking. If you need something better than that - you just going outside and trying to get it.
    About the server - I will always stick with PvP over PvE and I really can't see the point of dividing community on "half", than making one big server with everyone in it. Game is simplified enough for PvE lovers because of blessing scrolls, so they do not need to be afraid of losing everything after getting killed by other players.

@Dreworok
    what vetro said and,
    It sounds like you are copy pasting Albion online or DFUW ideas here.

You need to understand something. either somone is going to play Linkrealms or their not. Making PvP zones more "Usefull" and productive is only pushing off the inevitable, and that is endgame. At some point those PvEers are going to want to go into those lands, and when they get pked they will cry about it. Then what? just make the whole game PvE i guess?

It's simple, people will play the game or they wont.

• i think that should be Killer flags... like in UO when u kill a lot u get a red name.... thats at least sounds interesting cus when ur a pve player in a pvp server.. when u see a red name u can at least run away from him... another important thing is... when u move realms the names u pulled from the creatures or characters stop working and u have to pull them again... its kinda of anoying for every class... should add something to keep up the name u pulled when the character is in the same area as u and if hes too far away, like 2 relms away, or hidden, automatcaly shuts... dunno its just an idea

• @Doge said:

i think that should be Killer flags... like in UO when u kill a lot u get a red name.... thats at least sounds interesting cus when ur a pve player in a pvp server.. when u see a red name u can at least run away from him...

I like this idea. Also there could be added something like reputation: You kill enough red name people - you get green name. If you kill green/neutral colour people - you get red name. And maybe few titles connected to that, in example red name - Villain/Bandit, green name - Protector or something like that. I think it would be interesting, because I know many people who just kill everything that moves, but I also know many people who love to play as PK hunters only.

• yes, red names and blu names would be useful .

And I think red players should not stay in the main city where all newbies start to play .
    they should live in another city and also blue players.
    5 kills makes u red like in ultima that should be.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.