Zone dancing

• FOUNDER: DUKE

One thing albion does right. It's broken down into zones similar to LR. There is a ten second timer when you cross a zone line till you can cross back over it.

Please consider this.

• good one... agreed

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Yeah. That sounds about right :) Thumbs up for that one!

I do agree it's annoying to have players constantly jump realms as a strategy for pvp. If this is implemented, the timer would need to be lower because the zones in Albion are bigger than lr. I don't think this is a solution to the problem though. LR is about freedom and I would feel like I'm being restricted with this bandaid to the problem. It would make it far too easy for zerging. Players would only need to hide on the other side of a realm and jump anyone who comes through. Or one person could call their clan to come Zerg a guy who can't move between realms while he follows him around. I think the solution would be to fix health bars so they don't drop when moving between realms. And make it easy to continue targeting your enemy.

I reported this months ago. LOL

@Amnesiac

The timer being lower would be ok. As for a zerg lying in wait yeah sure that could be a problem once in a while... dont really agree with calling friends when guy can't move between realms.... they could always do that.

maybe trigger some kind of zone block if you use the same zone pass like 3-4 times? idk.... anything besides its current state

• no , it is perfect like it is now.
    Why limit freedom of going anywhere with a timer ?
    If I was on a full map like ultima I could go everywhere I wanted .

@Dreworok

this has nothing to do with limiting your freedom. No idea what you are talking about.

• @Angeleyes said:

@Dreworok

this has nothing to do with limiting your freedom. No idea what you are talking about.

how about the freedom of going where u want when u want ?

• form me realm system suck! Can't understand why its cant be full map or at least big zones

• @Riga13 said:

form me realm system suck! Can't understand why its cant be full map or at least big zones

i think it is easy for dev to fix bugs and to istance quests with realms than with a huge world. Yes it would be great if there was a unique great map . But i think the reason is that.

• @Dreworok said:

@Riga13 said:

form me realm system suck! Can't understand why its cant be full map or at least big zones

i think it is easy for dev to fix bugs and to istance quests with realms than with a huge world. Yes it would be great if there was a unique great map . But i think the reason is that.

it's easy for sure - but i couldnt even imagine how many people left the game only because of that! :(

that would be sweet riga but might be asking too much at this point... i think they would have to revamp the whole world.

and other guy this thread has cleary gone way over your head

• @Angeleyes u should argument your thesis instead of telling that some one is wrong in an absolute way, They teach this in school ,maybe u should come back there.

• @Riga13 said:

it's easy for sure - but i couldnt even imagine how many people left the game only because of that! :(

Oh come on! I can't even imagine someone leaving the game just because of such thing. Would be truly biggest bs I have ever seen.
    Even game's name itself says about linked realms...

Perhaps make it flag if it's an attack coming from a player versus a monster instead of a timer just based off zoneing. This way it will be harder to escape and should serve the same principle but not affect pve. :o There should probably also be a "sorry but you cannot disconnect right now because you're being attacked" type timer before the individual quits. If he or she quits via alt+f4 then the player should remain logged in for 20-30 seconds before being disconnected. This will/should keep people from disconnecting the game whenever they're about to die and give them an penalty for doing that by having their character be helpless by still being logged in taking damage from the pvp player while the user themselves closed the client intentionally. I know of a game that implemented both of these features and it worked very well and made pvp a little more challenging. :) the game started in 1999 and is still able to be played today.

I'd also like to suggest/add which goes with the above that the individual should still be able to login to their player even though it's logged in in-case of a disconnect and it not say "cannot login because character is currently logged in". It instead should only say that if you're switching to a different character than the one currently logged in. Termination should occur though normally when selecting a new character to play via switch to a new character or going back to character select/lobby (whatever you end up naming it).

Ps. (I won't say the name because I respect what the developers are trying to do and don't want players to try the other game and be swept up in it instead of this one. )

@Atlan said:

Perhaps make it flag if it's an attack coming from a player versus a monster instead of a timer just based off zoneing. This way it will be harder to escape and should serve the same principle but not affect pve.

Well im a little confused what you mean by this... but I am just suggesting something to discourage players who are running from pvp combat and just zone back and forth..... its uhh yeah really lame, considering its also easy to get away from pvp.. if you get off screen your pretty much money.

I agree with everything else you said :)

CCs should be an action completed by the players, not by the system because of realm moving limitations.

@Angeleyes said:

@Atlan said:

Perhaps make it flag if it's an attack coming from a player versus a monster instead of a timer just based off zoneing. This way it will be harder to escape and should serve the same principle but not affect pve.

Well im a little confused what you mean by this... but I am just suggesting something to discourage players who are running from pvp combat and just zone back and forth..... its uhh yeah really lame, considering its also easy to get away from pvp.. if you get off screen your pretty much money.

I agree with everything else you said :)

Kinda like what was said here:
    @Amnesiac said:

CCs should be an action completed by the players, not by the system because of realm moving limitations.

except instead of it being based solely off zoning its action based off the player so it wont affect you if a monster attack you, only if it's pvp related.

There are instances in various other games where you're flagged just for entering a zone that is pvp enabled. I was just saying that it shouldn't be based off zoning into a pvp zone but instead make it action based and where it's coming from (player or mob/npc). They could then make certain bosses set a flag so you cannot jump in and out of a zone and basically kill it easily by setting AoEs down and zoning out...from this mechanic as well. :)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.