Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items

• Hi everyone,

this new Release is focused on three main subjects.

First of all, the rules regarding multi-accounting have been amended, and our control systems strengthened. We invite all of you to read them and to strictly abide by them, since we won't take any violation lightly.

Several new objects have been added to the item store. They provide some nice utility and progression bonuses, always keeping true to our philosophy of not selling power for money.

Last but not least, we have implemented other 20 changes, including balancing tweaks to PvP and PvE, changes to key world locations, and several other nice additions.

Below is a detailed description of the patch.

NEW MULTI-ACCOUNTING RULES

The rules on multi-accounting have been amended (again) in a stricter way in order to prevent the abuse of multiaccounts and let all players enjoy a fair competition with each other. The amended rules are available here, as always:

Multi-Accounting Rules - FAQ
    Linkrealms Terms Of Service

Before this patch, any player was allowed to have more than one character logged in at the same time as long as all of them were inside one of the owner's realms or in town. This rule has been replaced by the complete prohibition to have more than one account logged in at the same, disregarding the location of the characters logged in.

We shall remind you that if you own more than one account, you have to report it following the procedure explained here. Unreported multiaccounts will be punished.

Additionally, we've been informed of the widespread custom of password sharing within the community. We would like to remind you that password sharing is against the rules, as stated by point 13 of our TOS.

13. You agree to treat all the data associated to your account (username, password, etc) in a strictly confidential manner and not to disclose them to any third party or allow any third party to use your account unless you received a written authorization to do so from Mythyn Interactive.

Password sharing is not only against the rules, but it also puts your account in danger if your password ends up in the hands of a malicious person. Because of that, we have reinforced our control of IP addresses and we are going to start punishing all cases of account sharing.

All the changes listed above have immediate effect.

STORE ITEMS

We have expanded the range of Store Items available. The new items introduced are:

1 - Character slot. Once used, this item adds 1 character slot to the account. The maximum number of character lots for each account is 6 (the 2 default ones + 4 purchasable). If you have multiple accounts and want to merge them into one, you can email support@linkrealms.com and we'll carry out the process, provided that the receiving account has enough characters slots unlocked to receive the characters from the other accounts.

2 - Bag of holding. This magical bag can contain up to 30 different items or stacks of items (each stack counts as 1 item). All the items in the bag become weightless. The bag can't hold other containers.

3 - Dimensional box. This item is available only in PvE servers and can't be used while engaged in PvP combat. It allows you to teleport a stack of items of any size directly from your inventory to your bank. The Dimensional Box has 50 charges and can't be re-charged.

4 - Skill Gain potions. This item comes in three variations (1 hour, 1 day, 1 week). Once drunk, it doubles the skill gain rate of all your skills for the time specified. Drinking a potion when the effect of another is already running adds time to the total duration.

All the items listed above are offered with a 15% launch discount until the next patch! Enjoy!

BALANCING

1 - The Slayer modifier (on weapons and staffs) and the Enhanced Spell (on staffs) modifier are now harder to find.

2 - The balancing of Tailoring Contracts has been adjusted. Non-exceptional contracts now give twice as many beads as reward, while exceptional contracts give 40% less. Overall, the average bead gain per contract has increased considerably.

3 - The drop rate of bless scrolls has been completely overhauled. Bless scrolls can now be found in the corpses of all creatures with at least 2000 fame. The chance to find a scroll and its type depend on the fame of the creature. A recap can be found in this wiki page. Bless scrolls no longer drop on the PvE server.

4 - The total cap on Swing Speed Increase has been reduced from 100% to 50%.

5 - Fixed a bug to the Disintegrate spell which was dealing random damages (often very high) in PvE.

6 - The Raise Gravity spell now grants a 24 seconds immunity time to the victim from the moment it's cast on the victim.

7 - The balancing of several mobs has been adjusted for them to be more challenging. Specifically:

• All caster monsters (Bandit mages, imps, skeletal priestesses, Darkling mages) now cast spells faster and deal more damage with each spell on average.
    • Elite darklings are now considerably stronger. This fits their role of providers of artifact components and of Rare Bless Scrolls.
    • Crypt scourges and griffons have also been made stronger.

8 - The base damage of the Earthquake spell has been reduced of about 20%.

9 - The dungeon of Tartaros has been made harder so that it can properly fit its role of hardest dungeon of the game. On average, twice as many monsters need to be killed in half of the maximum time to trigger a step progress. Additionally, the monsters spawning in each phase have been reworked as follows:

• Phase 1: Tarantula Wasps, Flame Scorpions, Lava Lizards, Skeletons
    • Phase 2: Imps, Darkling Warriors, Bone Warriors
    • Phase 3: Darkling Mages, Skeletal Monks, Harpies
    • Phase 4: Darkling Achers, Skeletal Priests, Skeletal Priestesses, Minotaurs
    • Phase 5: Crypt Scourges, Griffons, Skeletal Priestess

Last but not least, monsters in Tartaros can no longer spawn as corrupted.

10 - The base movement speed of all player characters is now higher, both for walking and for running. Also, movement as a whole has received some tweaks to look smoother.

OTHER CHANGES & FIXES

1 - It is now possible to hide when being a Criminal.

2 - Mineral deposits now take half the amount of pickaxe hits to be depleted, but each hit rewards twice as many ores on average.

3 - Damage types dealt by spirits have been fixed. The now correct damage types are:

• Vampire: Ethereal
    • Archer: Pierce
    • Kamikaze: Ethereal
    • Cripple: Crush
    • Burning: Fire
    • Tank: Crush
    • Mage: Ice
    • Killer: Poison
    • Warrior: Ethereal
    • Stacker: Shock

4 - The cooldown on all Field Generator store items has been heavily reduced.

5 - Enhanced Fire Fiend and Enhanced Heal Wounds can now be rolled as random modifiers on normal staffs.

6 - The dungeon of Tartaros has been moved to its final location - the middle of the Volcanic zone, at ground level (no longer underground). It can now be accessed from 3 neighboring realms, while the Hall of Tartaros (where the Artifact Smith lies) can now be accessed from within Tartaros.

7 - The dungeon Tunnels Of Deception has received a substantial overhaul. The entrance zone of the dungeon is now easier to complete, and players can free themselves from the "room traps". Plus, the treasure chamber of the dungeon now contains sensibly higher rewards. We shall remind you that this is still a dungeon target to low/mid level players.

8 - The Duel Arena is now always accessible from a gate right next to the Guildmistress tents outside of the walls of Riverbank.

9 - Fort Demise, a group-PvP arena, has been reintroduced. It can be accessed through a gate in the town of Ravenfeast.

10 - The default zoom level of the game is now further way from the character than before, allowing players to see much a much larger portion of the map.

11 - The entrance of the Void Castle, where the Shaman which cleanses artifacts is also located, is now a safe zone.

12 - The Last Target hotkey now only works for abilities and items that require targeting a creature or an object. It no longer works for abilities and items that require targeting a location on the ground.

13 - "Leech" modifiers have been renamed to "Hit Life/Stamina/Mana/Psi Restore".

14 - A message is now sent above the character's head when a Sorcery Skin is fully removed.

15 - The Volcanic zone in the Mythyn (PvE) server is now PvE-only as the rest of the world.

16 - The dungeon of Lord Calcion has been fixed and its boss now spawns as intended.

Let us known what you think and enjoy Linkrealms!

• @Prometheus "open world pvp"
    Fucking lol

• @Prometheus anything about the Bugged dungeons?
    will they be fixed?? how about the Crafting System? will you guys be adding new materials for Metal armor crafting?? new Areas? monsters and quest??
    so much more can be added, but i know you cant rush development,
    how about adding more dungeons that are new player friendly where they can get a better view about how they world would progress on the later part of the game?
    but seriously the only thing i really want to happen is see the crafting for metal armor improve

• alt text

For serious, tho.

complete prohibition to have more than one account logged in

This makes leveling an account take like 5 days, instead of 16 hours for solo players. This means leveling multiple accounts simultaneously when at least 4 characters are required to play effectively is illegal. This is a huge deal.

I assume this is intended to stop scouting from realms, but the bigger advantages realms provide(100% effective escape routes, staging points for guilds) remain untouched. If you're trying to take the route of making realms less useful, at least increase the aggro range and number of people that can be aggroed simultaneously.

2 - The balancing of Tailoring Contracts has been adjusted. Non-exceptional contracts now give twice as many beads as reward, while exceptional contracts give 40% less. Overall, the average bead gain per contract has increased considerably.

Still going to be most effective to do this with 30 accounts, still not going to be worth it until you're 2k hours into the game.

6 - The Raise Gravity spell now grants a 24 seconds immunity time to the victim from the moment it's cast on the victim.

Good. Now buff stoneskin, and nerf debilitating/disarm.

1 - It is now possible to hide when being a Criminal.

Does this mean you fixed hiding with Pstones/desecrated items?

11 - The entrance of the Void Castle, where the Shaman which cleanses artifacts is also located, is now a safe zone.

That's racist. You're racist.

12 - The Last Target hotkey now only works for abilities and items that require targeting a creature or an object. It no longer works for abilities and items that require targeting a location on the ground.

Doesn't fix blinking through walls, just means solo players can't blink out of traps.

• "1 - It is now possible to hide when being a Criminal."

was about time, olso i already sugested you should be able to hide even in midbattle or been targeted, you can add some item like Smoke Screen (make by cooks with egs)

"12 - The Last Target hotkey now only works for abilities and items that require targeting a creature or an object. It no longer works for abilities and items that require targeting a location on the ground."

@Prometheus
    mmm the ends of the autominers, reconsider this because so much cliking damage the mouse, and even the fingers, and i olso remeber that you promised to made posible the elimination of the shaking efect whe mining because they produce nausea and headches

nice upgrades

i can sugest that all dungeons can move their locations like the spiders spawns, this way we will provide for all players equal chance to acces the dungeons, not only for the ones that put their houses near

• So tart is twice as hard, and our ability to do damage is severely nerfed. Yay!
    There goes my guild.

• i liked, but i still want know what is usefull of fire fiend spell...

• @Arislan said

i liked, but i still want know what is usefull of fire fiend spell...

Yeah, the short time it lasts makes it absolutely useless.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

u said 20 changes, but there are only 15 wrote... where are my poison reagent drop fixes???

• So disintegrate now does 1-3 damage. I think most of these skills are there just to create the illusion of a complete game.

• wow, it's going to be basically impossible to gank Pstone hand ins with this map.
    The volcanic area on the PVE was literally more hardcore than the PVP Volcanic area is now :/

Also, I haven't logged in with two characters to check tile desync, but with the increased movement speed it seems worse than before

edit:

10 - The default zoom level of the game is now further way from the character than before, allowing players to see much a much larger portion of the map.

Playing with a shitty resolution still gives extra tiles, 4k+ monitors are still a massive advantage

Edit 3:
    Warriors were already the strongest class in the game, and it was already insanely ping dependant. Y ru buff warrior so heavily with movement speed, and make the ping dependency worse? spaghetti = upsetti. Much negativity, very poop butts, unconstructive criticisms

• FOUNDER: DUKE

6 - The dungeon of Tartaros has been moved to its final location - the middle of the Volcanic zone, at ground level (no longer underground). It can now be accessed from 3 neighboring realms, while the Hall of Tartaros (where the Artifact Smith lies) can now be accessed from within Tartaros.

LOL one is mine!

btw is bag of holding blessed? the bag i mean not the item inside...

• What the hell happens with desintegrate??? you break the spell! why the hell i'll spend 43 mana to hit 22 DMG and i have 90 ALT+100 SORCER and 125WIS...

• @Myhal said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

@Prometheus "open world pvp"
    Fucking lol

Is this comment meant to bring anything relevant to the discussion? This patch changes nothing about open world PvP on the Phoenix server, besides one realm which has been annexed to the neighboring town of Ravenfeast.

@Zerathos said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

@Prometheus anything about the Bugged dungeons? monsters and quest??

Do you mean Lord Calcion? If so, yes, it's been fixed! I forgot to add it to the patch log. Our game designer is working on completing the first questline and will start with the second one right after.

@Zerathos said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

the only thing i really want to happen is see the crafting for metal armor improve

What is not satisfying for you about the crafting of metal armor exactly?

@Holya said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

Does this mean you fixed hiding with Pstones/desecrated items?

We haven't changed that, only hiding when being a criminal.

@jymnils said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

mmm the ends of the autominers, reconsider this because so much cliking damage the mouse, and even the fingers, and i olso remeber that you promised to made posible the elimination of the shaking efect whe mining because they produce nausea and headches

A mineral deposit is an object, not a location, so the Last Target hotkey still works for that. The option to disable the shake effect is still to be added, sorry for that!

@Roundwaters said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

So tart is twice as hard, and our ability to do damage is severely nerfed. Yay!

Tartaros is definitely harder, but the nerf to Earthquake was quite light. Consider that before this patch, Tartaros could be completed in 1 hour by a single high-level mage. Players good at using their mage character could actually finish it alone (and many have done so dozens of times) in a lot less than 1 hour - and no, the bug of Disintegrate had nothing to do with that. If you always had problems with it, perhaps someone will make a good guide on how to use a mage character.

@Arislan said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

i liked, but i still want know what is usefull of fire fiend spell...

The damage dealt by Earthquake and other Invocation AOE is superior to Fire Fiend, and easier to use. However, if you're playing a Conjuration mage, it's a good pick. If you manage to trap a group monsters and have 100 Meditation, your mana regeneration will be enough to always keep a level-3 Fire Fiend alive. If the level-3 Fiend is an Enhanced one, it will deals 25 damage per second on average in the whole area.

@Meziljin said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

u said 20 changes, but there are only 15 wrote... where are my poison reagent drop fixes???

We are revising the functioning of the whole skill for warriors - we'll get it into the next patch!

@Roundwaters said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

So disintegrate now does 1-3 damage.

You either don't have Alteration, or you're using it against targets with low maximum health.

wow, it's going to be basically impossible to gank Pstone hand ins with this map.

That type of "gank" is lame.

ping dependency worse

We have tested the movement lag, haven't found any significant difference with this buff to movement speed. It's been tested with pings up to 1502-200ms (what an average European/South American could have). For very distant locations it shouldn't make a difference either, or just a very small one... I'm sorry for your situation, but playing on a server literally on the other side of the world is problematic in any online game.

@Meziljin said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

btw is bag of holding blessed? the bag i mean not the item inside...

Sure it is, like all store items! (and all containers in general, by the way)

• @Prometheus well it would be great if you could improve the metal armors just like cloth and leather armors using enhancers that could be found by prospecting like gems or new types of metal, it might be a lot to ask but it would be a great addition to the game
    and it will provide satisfaction to those people who grind mining and being a blacksmith all the time

• @Prometheus said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

@Myhal said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

@Prometheus "open world pvp"
    Fucking lol

Is this comment meant to bring anything relevant to the discussion? This patch changes nothing about open world PvP on the Phoenix server, besides one realm which has been annexed to the neighboring town of Ravenfeast.

This isn't very true.

1. Increased view distance for for people not exploiting resolution (good thing imo, but it's still a big change
    2. Tartaros has like a billion exits now, and those exits lead straight into realms that most of the server has access to. I don't forsee many successful Tartaros kills in my future ;p
    3. Increased movement speed with (presumably) the same aggro range. I hope you understand how many kills I'm going to lose to this, because it's a lot. Like a loottttttttotottt.
    4. Increased movement speed, without a decrease in cast speed on CCs, or increasing their range. This drastically increases escapability
    5. Increased movement speed, without increasing the range of archers/mages. I've not actually measured the new tiles/sec versus the old, but it feels a lot faster. Anecdotal complaints, yay. This is a really, really huge nerf to mages/archers, assuming you're correct in that it won't make melee harder for most players.

Blink is a comparatively small gap closer/maker. I'm gaining a ~10 tiles gap in the time it takes capped csi mage to cast icicles. I'm not sure if this helps, or hurts conjuration overall, since it's also a slight nerf to hybrid severer(mage's biggest counter). I'm guessing it favors the severer, as the mage's goal was to crystal wall enemies off briefly to reapply stoneskin. lol invocation is fucked tho.

An archer's only strength is its range, and I think this movement speed decreases the number of extra shots you'll get versus enemies coming to you/running from you from 2, to 1. Archer's still probably fine-ish, just like it was probable fine-ish last patch, but for somebody who has the ping to play warrior I see legitimiately no reason to play an archer. At least one mage is always going to have a place in every time because they have like 3 amazing support abilities, but in general they're not amazing.

The dependancy on stoneskin is such a liability, especially when severers are going to eventually becoming the dominately played class, people using 50 base speed weapons that take 2 charges, potentially double striking, typically having a MUCH higher dodge/hit chance than the mage because lol what kind of faggot would take +staff fighting over +invocation/conjur/alter. A pussy, that's who. 2.25 seconds seems to be enough for somebody to run across like 5 screens. Once people figure out how to exploit mage's weaknesses it's gonna be basically impossible to survive a fight as a mage.

• @Prometheus said in Release 10 - Multi-accounting, Balancing, Store Items:

1 - Character slot. Once used, this item adds 1 character slot to the account. The maximum number of character lots for each account is 6 (the 2 default ones + 4 purchasable). If you have multiple accounts and want to merge them into one, you can email support@linkrealms.com and we'll carry out the process, provided that the receiving account has enough characters slots unlocked to receive the characters from the other accounts.

what about hotkeys bound to the different single player in the account ?
    do we still have to change folders ?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@prometheus the mountain area in pve is PvP besides a few random zones which kinda neat cuz keeps the player kinda guessing on the PvP side of pve. I don't think all PvP should be removed I think tart and stone abyss should remain PvP. If not how much fun would that be. As far as this dueling area is it accessible on the pve server? If so great :) fort demise can we offer more then just money on pve side kinda no fun for just money :/ also on a side note I have one character on each server but it won't let me report due to they both share the same caracter name.. So my question mainly is that only if I have one character in each server do I still need to report it?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

ALSO JUST BAN THE SORCE CODE AND URL OF THE SPAMMERS WEBSITE FOR GOD SAKE

• only by reading holya reaction i feel that all the patch is good ;D, i have tested the speed and tiles and all feels right, but on some low end machines it lags, just as it lags when there are crops on the screen

maybe its posiible for the devs to add an option to
    a) dont draw house tiles
    b) dont draw crops

that will for sure increase performance on high end machines olso
    consider the inclusion or the modification of some of the dungeons to act like the spiders den spawns, so that people need to move to the for even changing location, that will make people to change locations of their houses every time and stop the GREED of some players that own volcanic area with their alts ;D, or at least increase the invasions spawns to all the available map, currently only on volvanic area, that will reduce a lot the PK activityes, or at least they will need to travel a lot to find people to gank, not only 1 realm or 2 ;D

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.