Winter Beta (January 9th) - FAQ

• @xxpowerofsoundxx said:

@Vetro theres no way to ban it.

Because? You say like it would be impossible to just ban an account.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Vetro said:

@xxpowerofsoundxx said:

@Vetro theres no way to ban it.

Because? You say like it would be impossible to just ban an account.

They can ban a character but to ban an account they would have to ban the IP. With current technology you can jump IP address very easily. Now you would have to do something really bad for them to completely ban you. Please remember they probably they also have better things to do then walking around banning characters not in use

• @Vetro Would be impossible to monitor. I have 2 roommates and we all play linkrealms, taking my IP address they could see three of us playing at the same time, are they supposed to ban us because we're on the same internet connection? If they have the ability to distinguish between them, how are they supposed to ban people who use alts on more than one computer. I used my main computer to grind with macro and then used my roomies account to grind out some wheat. What you're talking about is impossible.

• Well, if you find out someone has account just to scout without any other skills than hiding, or you just find out someone is multiaccounting and you have proof for it, then he should get banned. And even if you have 283472 roommates playing on the same IP, if they get banned along with you, you are the one who needs to deal with them.

About IP jumping, you need at least 2 PCs to do it + sooner or later someone will forget to change his IP. And if he does and he will get caught - he should get banned.

I'm not saying they should monitor it 24/7, but if someone will get caught with it - he should be banned.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

I am with you Vetro, but there is no stopping it without some steady monitoring.. and I really just don't see that.

Im not gonna let it ruin the game for me though. If folks are gonna use toons just to spy and don't see it as a problem then neither do I and will follow suit. I will preach against it but im not going to "lead by example" by not doing it in a video game lol.

@Vetro said:

Well, if you find out someone has account just to scout without any other skills than hiding, or you just find out someone is multiaccounting and you have proof for it, then he should get banned. And even if you have 283472 roommates playing on the same IP, if they get banned along with you, you are the one who needs to deal with them.

About IP jumping, you need at least 2 PCs to do it + sooner or later someone will forget to change his IP. And if he does and he will get caught - he should get banned.

I'm not saying they should monitor it 24/7, but if someone will get caught with it - he should be banned.

You do not need two pc's to jump IP addresses I do it all the time from my laptop and it's the only PC I have. I have over 100 IP addresses that the forum says that I have logged in from so try again

• @Aries said:

I do it all the time from my laptop and it's the only PC I have. I have over 100 IP addresses that the forum says that I have logged in from so try again

Well, good to know ;)

• Hello =)
    I have doubts. I received a beta key, but when I validate the key? Now or when the beta is open?

• @Renata said:

Hello =)
    I have doubts. I received a beta key, but when I validate the key? Now or when the beta is open?

Hi Renata, you can do it any time, even now, in your account management page:

www.linkrealms.com/account

See you soon in game!

• @Prometheus ok. Thanks

• @Prometheus mind to tell me what is the beta start time?

• @Vetro 9 pm

• @Vetro said:

@Prometheus mind to tell me what is the beta start time?

9pm CET (Central European Time), 3pm EST (Eastern Standard Time, e.g. New York)

• Soooo laaaaaaate! ;(

• 10PM for me. I could get to it for a few hours.

• i have Beta Key, try to login http://www.linkrealms.com/login/?loc=/account,
    but Invalid Username or Password!

@Prometheus said:

@Vetro said:

@Prometheus mind to tell me what is the beta start time?

9pm CET (Central European Time), 3pm EST (Eastern Standard Time, e.g. New York)

What is that in pizza time?

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.