Aggro Range/Realm advantages

• @Prometheus can you please confirm if you will/will not be

• Adding ~40 tiles to aggro range

• Adding a cast time/cooldown to telepads

• Disabling secured chest access while aggroed

• Disabling teleports out of hostile realms

• Make failed/LOSed spells cause aggro

These mechanics(bugs?) are super poopy butts. It would make my playing experience much more enjoyable if it would be confirmed they're unintended, and will be fixed.

• @Prometheus

*can you please confirm if you will/will not be

*Adding a way Holya will not access closed castle like mine ?

seriously, i am tired to change my castle build because of the thought he can access everytime like u know yestarday even if he's polite and cute and so on. I don't want intruders in my castle exploiting bug to get inside unless i permit them to come in opening the door . Thanks . Happy Holidays :)

• @Dreworok you think I'm cute, senpai? :blush:

• suffering of Stockholm syndrome maybe :-\

• OK this might sound nooby, but what does the term LOS stand for? I be seen it elsewhere too. Also 40+ aggro range?? Woot. Also my opinion, telepads should not work in hostile realms!!
    I wanted to say that somewhere else, but we need to be able to secure telepads for friends only.

• @Siltoruz
    LOS = line of sight, so in this context if they're LOSed it means there's something between they and your character that cannot be cast over.

If telepads were usable only by persons friendly to a realm, then all realms would be guaranteed escapes(as they are now). I don't like there's being a guaranteed escape point in potentially every claimable realm.

• @Prometheus Disambling block of portals and telepads from Stone Fury.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@DarkMiraxus that's the entire point of the spell. Preventing cowards from running.

I don't like the thought of agro range being increased due to ninja stealthers like myself would be negatively impacted by being unable to stealth away if I get the appropriate gap.

I however do think adding a cast time/cooldown to telepad is good. It would also solve the Stone abyss issue of a high escapability chance.

I disagree with failed los causing agro tho. Although I can technically see the person from the top down perspective if I don't have.line of sight my character can't see said player and should not be able to agro them. I agree with all other points in ops post.

I'm not sure how to address the portal issue but feel it should be handled differently than aggro.

• @Clavicus Well, this post was made for a crier who dont like to fail Ganks xD thats why im calling the same pointless stuff that the post.

• @DarkMiraxus said in Aggro Range/Realm advantages:

I think every realm in the game should effectively be a safe zone.

All you do is shit talk the forums/guild chat, and run from PVP using unintended mechanics that you copied from others.

Does anybody have a legitimate defense as to why anybody who gets to their realm with a 1 tile gap from their attacker should be allowed to teleport away? Consider the fact that every single point of interest in the game, except gnome dungeon is no more than 2 transitions away claimable realm.

@Clavicus

I disagree with failed los causing agro tho. Although I can technically see the person from the top down perspective if I don't have.line of sight my character can't see said player and should not be able to agro them. I agree with all other points in ops post.

You can already aggro people when they're LOSed, it just means you've to cancel your spell and double click them. That's just kinda an aside that's bothered me for a while, though, not a huge deal.

• @Holya like! not readed.

• @Holya said in Aggro Range/Realm advantages:

@Prometheus can you please confirm if you will/will not be

• Adding ~40 tiles to aggro range

• Adding a cast time/cooldown to telepads

• Disabling secured chest access while aggroed

• Disabling teleports out of hostile realms

• Make failed/LOSed spells cause aggro

These mechanics(bugs?) are super poopy butts. It would make my playing experience much more enjoyable if it would be confirmed they're unintended, and will be fixed.

1. We definitely won't be adding "40 tiles" to aggro range. We might increase it a little to be consistent with the new zoom level at most.
    2. That would make telepads very uncomfortable to use. We might change the layout of Stone Abyss tho, as suggested by @Clavicus, since the random telepads there are a pain for PvP.
    3. Nope.
    4. Teleporting out of hostile realms (= realms you're not friend of) shouldn't be possible even now tho, how comes you're mentioning it?
    5. This one makes sense - after all, it's an hostile action against the target, so it makes sense it causes aggro. Causing aggro also makes the attacker a Criminal if the target is Innocent and so on, which is correct.

• @Prometheus
    I didn't say exactly what I mean. I meant a total of 35-40, not adding 40 to the current.
    As stands, nearly every active realm has telepads set up so anybody friended who reaches it can escape with no possible counterplay by the attacker. Even if you're literally one tile behind them, in melee range they can escape without any chance of you following.

Is this intended, and if not do you intend to change this?

For 4) I mean the thing I mentioned in PM ages ago about escaping traps.

• @Prometheus said in Aggro Range/Realm advantages:

We definitely won't be adding "40 tiles" to aggro range. We might increase it a little to be consistent with the new zoom level at most.

i would think that twice, since Holya never talks without an intention, currently the agro range is only good for cleaning the mobs out to a realm exit and selecting the bosses or special mobs to kill on other side, i dont know if that is the game designers choise, but its what the players doing with the new agro range

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.