How is LinkRealms gonna compete with Albion online?

• Sorry to stir the shit.

But after watching a video of Albion i dont see how LinkRealm can really compete at this stage.

Had many fun hours with LR but I think LR might end up being too late.

• I think the realm editor itself kicks albions little island home system right in the face and that's my favorite part of LR. I like to build on my floaty sky castle and farm wheat and grapes,

• FOUNDER: DUKE

It's not going to compete with Albion. LR will never have a big playerbase, it is a niche game and way behind it's time. It doesnt cater to the masses, while albion tries to cater to every type there is.

Once well established and EA on steam we can hope for a few to a couple hundred steady players at best.... and thats a long shot.

• "Compete with Albion Online"? Really no offense but Albion Online is nothing but hyped crap with retarded itemizations, retarded crafting, retarded housing, unbalanced monsters/classes etc. Housing in Albion can't even reach realm editor's level. It is hyped only by big amount of money put in commercy or other PR thing. I'm pretty sure this game will die quite fast after full release, or at least it will become F2P with P2W inside.

Anyway i really prefer to have around 100 players max on the server, than destroying community swarm of kids everywhere (praise the Lord for old school game like Linkrealms, where mostly (if not only) mature players stay for longer...).

• @dirtpoor said:

Sorry to stir the shit.

But after watching a video of Albion i dont see how LinkRealm can really compete at this stage.

Had many fun hours with LR but I think LR might end up being too late.

Because they are two different games lul

• Lols, you've either never played Albion Online or you've never played LR. Which one is it?

Firstly, they're entirely two different games for two different types of markets. Secondly, it's a game, no ones competing for anything; there's plenty enough players for the mmorpg's out there. The issue is whether or not the mmorpg is right for you with how its set up, so based on your fluffy words it seems like LR isn't the game for you then. Please don't come here to preach doom and gloom just because you "feel" or "think" Albion Online is the WoW killer..oops, I mean LR killer.

As a few others have already mentioned, Albion Online is way over hyped. I've played the alphas and betas, and pfft, its boring as heck, grind grind, unbalanced, and well...yeah no thanks.

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

I paid 100$ for Albion Online, thinking was my "new" UO, but has nothing to do with it. It's just a stressful experience, grindy, and far away from the UO experience. If there is a comparison to do or be worried about a competitor, that would be Shards Online :)

• @Angeleyes Thats a pretty good reply

• After playing both... Albion is closer to Darkfall top down. LR is closer to UO. That's how they compete. They are different games with completely different gameplay. One is a free for all pvp arena. One is a sandbox living breathing world.

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

Here's food for thought I am uh like tier 7.2 war bow 6.3 armor on Albion which is say a few million Fame/xp grind i put in some work. I quit it Monday knowing link realms was back up Saturday. Why because its a ZERG game short of cutting trees all day in secret there is zero solo play in the game lmao bring a buddy or 10 or die. Fun game tho killed some hours. IF only link realms would give me a whole month beta pretty please!

• @Kaz-The-Unknown Only reason why LR didnt have zergs was cas there was no orginazed teams,but soon as alot players gets in,there will be groups of zergs like in eny other pvp mmo.

• @Kaz-The-Unknown You already bought a founder pack so you should be able to play yeah?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Albion Online. Is no where near Darkfall, it's more of a Runecape/EVE clone.

LR is a updated version of classic Ultima Online.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Kaz-The-Unknown kaz i just emailed u check it real quick

• Hi guys, i played albion's betas and can say it is a rly boring game in my opinion... 5 resources to gather to build armor and weapons for a rly bad pvp system, how can a game like this lasts? There isn't any fun doing exactly the same things from 1st beta day to last one (the only things changing r sources tiers and armor and weapons craftable). As i can see from yt videos this game seems rly like UO with some graphics uogrades and a new combat system so i nave great expectation about LR.
    Just a questione: how much players r involved in beta tests atm?

• @GomS89 said:

Hi guys, i played albion's betas and can say it is a rly boring game in my opinion... 5 resources to gather to build armor and weapons for a rly bad pvp system, how can a game like this lasts? There isn't any fun doing exactly the same things from 1st beta day to last one (the only things changing r sources tiers and armor and weapons craftable). As i can see from yt videos this game seems rly like UO with some graphics uogrades and a new combat system so i nave great expectation about LR.
    Just a questione: how much players r involved in beta tests atm?

Yeah Albion Online sucks shit. It's no where near as fun as I expected it to be. As for your beta question, I have got the Link realms winter beta key and and an waiting to play. This game is going to be released on steam in March and their are no character wipes this beta so I'm looking forward to Link Realms A LOT.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.