Shards Online vs Link Realms?

• Someone told me that Shards Online sucks and doesn't compete with Link Realms. What's your experience with both? Which do you like better?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

I have been watching a lot of shard lately just to see what it is compare to Linkrealms. I wouldn't say that they look a like. Yes they both take ground from UO, but are going different directions. And I personally like LR better. Shards Online isn't a bad game, but I doesn't appeals to me like LR's do.

• I've looked into Shards Online, it seemed interesting but further digging I just realized the games is more like a connection of multiple servers than an actual MMO server where everyone is on one server. I believe their individual servers are capped at 64 players per server, with players being able to host their own "shard" (server) and customize the rule sets and terrain, etc. Do I really want to play an online rpg, which is what Shards Online is, or an actual mmorpg? I'd rather stick with an mmorpg, besides LR is closer to UO.

I backed with $400 pledge thing when it was on KS the first time. refunded it after testing.... I'll just wait for release b4 I put my money in. It really didn't feel like an MMO

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

My experiences are different. I've played shards online when the last Alpha started and I've found a nice community and very interesting and different mechanics, especially for People interested in PvE and related. Graphically is for me more appealing than LR. But yes, it "feels" different. Both LR and ShardsOnline are giving me UO Feelings anyway and I could not find particular negative Points. At the current state, all I could say is LR is heading to a more PvP Centric direction (as Long as only the PvP Server is out there) and ShardsOnline is acting more as All-rounder. The article about LR on Massively also received different comments about how LR, originally born as PvE games is heading into PvP-centric direction. I will follow both Projects with interest anyway, i don't think there is a "competition" between them.
    Regarding the MMO side - there will be OFFICIAL Servers of ShardsOnline, and the possibilities to create private shards, especially for RP Players or such, but I won't say it will be less "MMO-alike" than LR.

Felt like neverwinter or some shit.

LR has issues that will prolly never be fixed, but it's a fun pve/crafting game.

Honestly they need to get rid of item bless deeds or cap them at like 2 charges max per scroll

This post is deleted!

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

I give up for now with this community. Just hate for ANYTHING that is not PvP.
    I will check this game again when it will land on steam and see if there will be more People with constructive comments instead of just bashing everything that is not PvP related. Guys, open your eyes, it's plenty of PvP Sandboxes. What is the Problem, really, if LR will have a PvP and a PvE Server separated? I really don't get it, but I see I'm wasting my time here with my posts.
    I wish LR Team good luck with the development and hope there will be a place for both communities - PvP and PvE without all this non-sense hate.

• @Kerkyon said:

I give up for now with this community. Just hate for ANYTHING that is not PvP.
    I will check this game again when it will land on steam and see if there will be more People with constructive comments instead of just bashing everything that is not PvP related. Guys, open your eyes, it's plenty of PvP Sandboxes. What is the Problem, really, if LR will have a PvP and a PvE Server separated? I really don't get it, but I see I'm wasting my time here with my posts.
    I wish LR Team good luck with the development and hope there will be a place for both communities - PvP and PvE without all this non-sense hate.

bye felicia

• @Kerkyon There are SOOOO many PvE only games and servers. We need at least one game in this entire shitty MMORPG PvE-only world, that is at least that has pvp only game like Ultima Online in the old days. Just calling anyone who strongly supports PvP only on LR as "hateful" is an ad homenin and being quite narrow minded

• I have played in a UO unoff shard for 12 years. We were 500 avarage online players in a Perfect mix of pvp and pve. PK weren't allowed in cities couse of guards instant-killing System, so normal players could enjoy their game wirhout risks. Risks came when u leaved the city to gather resources or go for pve, like in the real world is: Nobosy will come to kill u while u r at home, but if u go out couse u see 1000€ in the ground, u have to know someone else could have seen tge money as u havr done and y must be ready to fight for that. Pvp and pve can easly go together, and they must do that for a good mmorpg. That's my opinion ofc

• @GomS89 Thanx for the answer. But I was actually talking about a comparison between a new game that is called Shards Online and this game, I wasn't talking about UO Free shards

• If u don't notice ur post has gone a lil OT :P i was answering to latest comments about pvp/pve balance in mmorpg. But sry for disturbing ;)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.