Features I would like to see added


  • FOUNDER: PRINCE

    1. I know this has been stated before but I'll say it personally here: Get rid of item bless scrolls or make it so their bless charges are much less. It will make pvp a lot more interesting. I don't think there's anything 'hardcore' about being able to bless everything.
    2. Make it so chests inside houses can be lootable by anyone who gets inside. This makes hiding/stealth chars even more interesting.
    3. make some sort of IDOC system for when peoples realms are about to collapse and instead of the stuff inside their realm being saved, have it drop to the ground to be looted if someone fails to pay for stake time.
    4. make it so people can walk through any gate regardless if they are friended to that realm or not so that way if the housing loot option (#2 above) was implemented people would be more careful about gates and also you can gate people into gank traps if they carelessly just wonder into a gate.
    5. More crowd control. Right now the mages freeze spell doesn't freeze a player long enough to be able to chain any sort of combo.
    6. spiritualism is still over powered compared to sorcery the 'cast time' can't be interrupted like sorcery can which doesn't make sense. I think if the cast times were atleast interruptible it would help level the playing field a bit. Right now there;s no way for a player with out sorcery to be able to pvp against someone who has it.
    7. I know this has been mentioned before also: people should be flagged if they are attacked or attack another player so they can't just run away from battles. At least they should be flagged if they were the one who attacked first.
    8. housing stake price raised substantially. (I think 100k per 30 days is good)
    9. The portable banks that came with the founder packs should not be permanently blessed. It's by far the most over powered item in the game and pretty much kills the risk of traveling with important items. People just carry a bank around in their back packs and take important stuff out as they need it and put it away especially if they are being attacked. Pretty ridiculous. I have one but I'm willing to take the sacrifice in favor of a better game to have it not be blessed.

  • FOUNDER: PRINCE

    This post is deleted!

  • FOUNDER: PRINCE

    I don't agreed to anything on that list.


  • FOUNDER: PRINCE

    1-8 are debatable. But #9 isn't. The devs stated they would never sell an item that would give an edge over other players but the portable BLESSED bank definitely does.



  • @Rolex said:

    1. I know this has been stated before but I'll say it personally here: Get rid of item bless scrolls or make it so their bless charges are much less. It will make pvp a lot more interesting. I don't think there's anything 'hardcore' about being able to bless everything.
    2. Make it so chests inside houses can be lootable by anyone who gets inside. This makes hiding/stealth chars even more interesting.
    3. make some sort of IDOC system for when peoples realms are about to collapse and instead of the stuff inside their realm being saved, have it drop to the ground to be looted if someone fails to pay for stake time.
    4. make it so people can walk through any gate regardless if they are friended to that realm or not so that way if the housing loot option (#2 above) was implemented people would be more careful about gates and also you can gate people into gank traps if they carelessly just wonder into a gate.
    5. More crowd control. Right now the mages freeze spell doesn't freeze a player long enough to be able to chain any sort of combo.
    6. spiritualism is still over powered compared to sorcery the 'cast time' can't be interrupted like sorcery can which doesn't make sense. I think if the cast times were atleast interruptible it would help level the playing field a bit. Right now there;s no way for a player with out sorcery to be able to pvp against someone who has it.
    7. I know this has been mentioned before also: people should be flagged if they are attacked or attack another player so they can't just run away from battles. At least they should be flagged if they were the one who attacked first.
    8. housing stake price raised substantially. (I think 100k per 30 days is good)
    9. The portable banks that came with the founder packs should not be permanently blessed. It's by far the most over powered item in the game and pretty much kills the risk of traveling with important items. People just carry a bank around in their back packs and take important stuff out as they need it and put it away especially if they are being attacked. Pretty ridiculous. I have one but I'm willing to take the sacrifice in favor of a better game to have it not be blessed.
    1. We are planning to make it so that materials too influence the level of an item. That will reduce the ease of blessing - nowadays, common bless scrolls can be used on way too many items.
    2. The comparison Sorcery vs Spiritualism is not a meaningful one. Sorcery and combat skills are what you could call "primary" skills, meaning, you pick one (or more for a double combat warrior or a warrior-sorcerer, albeit they are naturally rare), then choose secondary skills around them.
      Spiritualism + concentration is a pair of skills that matches very well both with a sorcerer build and a warrior build. The problem is that spiritualism overpowers pretty much every other secondary skill so much that it becomes a "must" in every build. We have to tackle this, and a lot will be done with the introduction of other secondary skills.
    3. This is actually a hell of a bug! I'm shocked no one reported it before. Personal bank boxes are meant to be usable only if put on the ground. Will be fixed in the next patch :)

  • FOUNDER: PRINCE

    @Prometheus Haha I'm sure a lot of people are going to hate me for that but ooh well its for a better game



  • Everything sounds fine for me, especially 1,6,7,8,9

    @Lichester said:

    I don't agreed to anything on that list.

    Game would become too hard for you mate?


  • FOUNDER: PRINCE

    @Vetro No. It just doesn't sound appealing to me to make that kind of changes. And having a realm would be a full time job.


  • FOUNDER: PRINCE

    Or no one would have anything in their realm..


  • FOUNDER: DUKE

    Vetro, You play Life is Feudal?


  • FOUNDER: PRINCE

    @Lichester i can farm 100k argents in a day lol


  • FOUNDER: PRINCE

    @Rolex Gratz .. -.-



  • @Prometheus said:

    1. The comparison Sorcery vs Spiritualism is not a meaningful one. Sorcery and combat skills are what you could call "primary" skills, meaning, you pick one (or more for a double combat warrior or a warrior-sorcerer, albeit they are naturally rare), then choose secondary skills around them.
      Spiritualism + concentration is a pair of skills that matches very well both with a sorcerer build and a warrior build. The problem is that spiritualism overpowers pretty much every other secondary skill so much that it becomes a "must" in every build. We have to tackle this, and a lot will be done with the introduction of other secondary skills.

    I hope to see some sort of "secondary magic" skills that complement sorcery. Sorcery being the main magic and maybe being able to emphasize on"healing magic" "poison magic" "dark magic"


  • FOUNDER: BARON

    I think higher risk would be nice, but I haven't played yet. I just like the idea that my stuff could be stolen or I could steal other peoples stuff, it makes my stuff all that more important for some reason. It's like, dangling something tantalizing in front of somebody, it wouldn't be fun unless there was SOME risk that the other person actually could take it from you and it also gives you the chance to defend your stuff, how can you really appreciate something you dont have to protect? So, risk is great imho, unfortunately people have to deal with grief because than gratefulness has even more meaning. Not saving someone's stuff in their realm if they dont pay "rent" sounds technically fair to me. And making it possible that anyone can walk in your gate if it's not locked also does, you can't create magic barriers that only allow certain people through in real life. I'd prefer to get mad at a person doing something I don't want them to do than be fully safe from them ever doing that thing. In other words I'd prefer to say "get off my lawn" than just create a permissions thing. Basically, human conflict needs to be a part of more games. The idea of a perfect game to me is one where there are ingame consequences for your actions that make sense but aren't debilitating, in other words, instead of getting banned you could get sent to something like an in-game jail that has it's own game mechanics that are albeit not near as fun as the real game but nonetheless, intriguing. This would make it so rules could be broken but would not be broken recklessly, it would be just right. Basically, murder and theft etc. is punishable by in-game jailtime or something of the sort which has to be served through online play or else you don't regain access to your account and your record of imprisonment will be with you forever which will provide some downsides and maybe benefits. IDK!!! I just think it would be cool to be able to break the rules and instigate drama.


  • FOUNDER: PRINCE

    @Rolex

    1.) Agree

    2.) Agree

    3.) Agree (idocs were fun as fk)

    4.)1000% aGREE

    5.) Agree, or fix the current cc.

    6.) Disagree

    7.) Agree

    8.) Agree

    9.)Agree

    10.) PVE server so all the fairies can stop qqing.

    11.) More epic dungeons (we'll see what this cbt has)

    12.) Working content, not half implemented stuff, was really dissapointed with poisoning and shit.



  • @Angeleyes said:

    Vetro, You play Life is Feudal?

    No, why? Someone took my nick there?! :[

    @Rolex said:

    @Lichester i can farm 100k argents in a day lol

    Come one whole day for 100k? :P It takes like 2h max on bandits... It should be changed so much tho..

    @zycor said:

    10.) PVE server so all the fairies can stop qqing.

    No PvE servers at all please...



  • I agree on your first point VERY MUCH. Item bless scrolls will RUIN the game for everybody and destroy the full loot system that many players enjoy.



  • This post is deleted!

  • FOUNDER: PRINCE

    @Elyas_III You can't say "for everybody".



  • @Lichester Hyperbole. It will ruin it for a LOT of people though considering this game is filled with uo veteren members


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.