Second Character can't claim a realm.

• Having made a second character (Jarlaxle) with my second character slot on the PvP server, trained him up enough to survive (a bit) , only to find out he cant claim a realm for himself. Bought his First realm claim and headed to a free spot, went to claim it and..."You already have a realm. You may use this stake in your own realm to add lease time to your realm".

I should have realized something was not quite kosher when he used to get the 5 day warning about realm expiring for my other characters realm.

He does not have a realm and has never had one (note the First realm claim) and finally found a spot I like but now cant claim it. Hoping it is an easy fix so I can continue to enjoy my wonderful Linkrealm experience.

• One realm per account, no matter how many chars are attached to it.

• @Roundwaters said in Second Character can't claim a realm.:

One realm per account, no matter how many chars are attached to it.

That exactly. You need to make a second account and a new character there. Not a second character, cause realms are one per account not one per character. If you do, don't forget to go to the official website and link your 2 accounts together.

This is legit.

• Well that makes sense , thank you roundwaters.

Thank you Sil, that explains what I am about to post now....

I really dislike this multi account system as it currently stands as a lot of players seem to abuse it and it is within the rules. A lot of players have multi accounts and admit to it, what I want to know is how they are allowed claim realms but a player that only has the 1 account is handicapped so badly by playing within the rules.

So I can legally make a second account and claim a realm with that but my second character on my original account can not (just wow).

It seems to me that a lot players have more then 1 realm per server. Nearly every player i have befriended in this game has more then 1 realm each (in fact all 3 other members in my guild have Alts with separate realms each..yes that is 6 realms for 3 players.) I have no issue with 1 realm..I really enjoy it and don't need a second, just thought (incorrectly) that every character could have a realm not every account.

While I am going to continue playing fair, I would love to see An even playing field for all the Players that DO abide by the rules, have a equal and fair playing experience as well. It is bloody frustrating.

And Vent over. will continue to playing as I always have and enjoying my linkrealm adventure.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Ragna it isn't against the rules to have multiple accounts so you can own multiple realms.

• You will note that I did state it was legal to have multiple accounts, what I dont understand is why character slots on same account cant have a realm each then.

If i can make make several accounts and claim several realms, why is character slots only allowed to claim 1 realm per account. There must be a reasoning behind limiting 1 realm per account while on the other hand, I can claim other realms by making other accounts.

I state the even playing field section as I have no real desire to make extra accounts just for extra realms when I can only play one character at a time anyways and am lazy, with no plans on making more accounts (and remembering more passwords etc..at my age i forget the current ones)

EDIT: Remembering that extra character slots cost money..I can buy a third character that can't claim a whole new realm, or for free...make a new account and do the same thing but I CAN claim a new realm (with all the benefits that come with it..extra storage etc). Does seem a very strange thing to me...just saying...anyone that pays is getting a worst deal..that doesnt add up to me.

@Ragna said in Second Character can't claim a realm.:

You will note that I did state it was legal to have multiple accounts

Id be curious to see where you said that. Because you didn't. In fact your post on multiple occasions suggests that "playing fair" constitutes only having one account.

@Ragna said in Second Character can't claim a realm.:

I really dislike this multi account system as it currently stands as a lot of players seem to abuse it and it is within the rules. A lot of players have multi accounts and admit to it, what I want to know is how they are allowed claim realms but a player that only has the 1 account is handicapped so badly by playing within the rules.

While I am going to continue playing fair, I would love to see An even playing field for all the Players that DO abide by the rules, have a equal and fair playing experience as well.

So you are arguing for the whole of linkrealms... you have no issue with only having one realm... you have not purchased another character slot therefore couldn't possibly be complaining that you cant have another realm with a new slot. Why are you posting again?

• @Clavicus he is just saying that its kinda stupid to encourage ppl to use 2nd account for realm claiming, and not allow them to do that with 2 different chars of the same account. This is just pushing ppl to multi account, and from the moment you have 2 separate accounts you are tempted to use them to exploit.

I wanna say for this that I feel that the reason is this. Developers don't want one player to have more than one realm. If they did they would make the realm character based and not account based. Now while they can easily monitor second characters in the same account, and ban them from claiming a second realm, its very hard for them to control multiple accounts with checking IPS, more when proxies and iphide software are so easy to use nowadays. So they went out to make this second account thing legit, hoping that no one will exploit the system, or even that if someone exploits and no one talks about it, its OK :)

That's what I believe happens with the realm claiming thingy.

• Clavicus, here is where i stated it was legal to have multiple accounts

So I can legally make a second account and claim a realm with that but my second character on my original account can not (just wow).

I hope that is clear enough for you.

I play from steam, which allows only the 1 account ,which in turn , allows only the 1 realm (per server). I wanted to have a second realm for my Guild to make a guild stockhouse and another teleport option for them and I. Now only way can do that is work out another way to make another account (something I did not plan on doing but may be forced to do).

In my humble opinion, this does feels like I am going to have to abuse the rules (while I understand it is completely allowed and within rules, that is how it looks to me) if I do desire the second realm for myself and my wonderful team (including friends). It feels like I am letting them down as they all have 2 realms (to help me) but I do not unless I do make a "multi" account purely for this purpose.

To me (and only me) this does not seem fair to players that desire to only use the 1 account with many character slots and the many players that will join in the future from Steam (again opinion). After all we will have same amount of characters, but other players will have more realms by ...Lets call it what it is...Bending the rules... and having multiple accounts (after all looks like the game is designed with character slots in mind NOT multiple accounts...please note..this is just my personal opinion).

Most of my original post was done while bloody annoyed at having worked a second character without realizing that he couldn't claim a guild stockhouse and I now have to rethink my next move on this bloody awesome game (never occurred to me to check that characters on same account couldn't have a realm each while multi's can...what a silly boy I am).

So I am left with a choice in which I dislike any option.

1: Continue with just the 1 realm on PvP server...still super fun and not really makes a difference ..BUT I will be at a disadvantage to other players with multiple accounts that have 2 or more realms (more storage, teleport options etc) which can make a huge difference on the PvP server (do you like how I contradict myself in the 1 sentence, it is bloody awesome and also note this is where I get the word FAIR from..multi accounts have a distinct advantage over single account even with same amount of characters) .

2: Make a multi account purely for the bonus realm ..something I (and again I stress it is only my opinion) count as abusing the current system..i mean why make a multi if to only bend the rules, when you can make 2 characters for free (per server) that are playable..mind you..only 1 at a time so this is more then enough and more characters if I pay for it...Oh right...I can Multi for free and get bonus realm...how silly of me again...sorry ... this still doesn't sit right for me personally.

3: Could play PvE server where number of realms isnt as important as on the PvP server (please note..MY opinion is with no substance at all but is HOW i feel)

4: Look for another game to play...this is not a viable option for me right now..I am enjoying this game too much and am planning to stick around for a very , very , very long time.

Feel free to tear this post to shreds and poke holes in it, I welcome it as long as discussion is happening then I feel something good may come out of it.

• @Ragna said in Second Character can't claim a realm.:

It feels like I am letting them down as they all have 2 realms (to help me) but I do not unless I do make a "multi" account purely for this purpose.

You did not let anyone down. Plz don't feel that way! If this bothers you so much to multi account, which I understand that did not work for you and broke your balls :p I am more than willing to multiaccount and get the realm for you. Or even just keep your one realm and I go claim all the rest :p

I mentioned somewhere that I could claim all the free realms in one day with like 100 accounts and not be caught. I told developers to do something about it. They went in patch 10 to ban 2 simultaneously online accounts. This only killed afk training teqniques and left the problem as it was.
    This is a kinda forced rule breaking though, and I agree with you that ppl should not be encouraged to have multiple accounts. But to be honest I am very angry with the developers inactivity right now...

• Thanks for your feedback @ragna. Your reasoning is absolutely correct. We think the core of the issue doesn't lie in the possibility to have multi-accounts, but in the following points:

1. There aren't enough claimable locations in the world due to the very small size of each realm and the very large size of each claimable spot within a realm - which effectively prevents us from placing more than one claimable spot in a realm.
    2. There is no competition for each spot - they are claimed by players (not by guilds) on a first-come-first-served basis and can't be lost, only abandoned.

The only real solution to this issue is to introduce a realm "revolution" on the way realms work, which, among other things, is something we are working on right now!

• I applaud! We need to fix this. I would support a realm revolution. Revolutions are key to Victory!!

• or make alternate Realities like UO, one for claims and other for world, just like the UO facets

• @jymnils said in Second Character can't claim a realm.:

or make alternate Realities like UO, one for claims and other for world, just like the UO facets

In 2017 , 20 years after UO this is now called instance! If you want to play a instanced based game go play WOW and stop breaking our balls.

• @Siltoruz said in Second Character can't claim a realm.:

ou want to play a instan

you really need to learn less of Holya and read more, UO is not an instanced world and never was (that was WOW invention), the facets on UO are World duplicates with diferent rules, Tramel and Feluca were Twin worlds one with PVP rules and other with PVE, like our servers but just one portal away, NPCs where a diferent and some inexistent on some facets (like posion trainer), this way UO join all the comunity on only 1 sever (2 facets, some servers even had 4).

The main diferences were that you could carry all your items from one facet to another and of course your char (not like here), but some mobs (that drop important items for pvp) only spawn on PVP facet, and olso resources spawn more frecuently and in more quantity on pvp facet.

this way UO mixed the 2 populations, pvp and pve, shared the items and make training on PVE server very fast and easy, once the char reached the cap was up to the people to move to pvp server to get more items.

crafted items on UO were the top of the items, so when tournaments were called, bouth pve and pvp populations could share the joy of the battles. one with it crafted items an other with its looted items.

plz sil, stop making yourself look like an ignorant. by the way UO killed competitive PVP when they introduced the INSURANCE system one thing that LR have on the born, making that a very bad idea ;(, thats why i sugested to make a server without bless system.

UO was the first FULL LOOT MMO out there and ruined themselves when they started to protect items instead of the players.

• @jymnils

1. The thing you described is an instance
    2. Full loot doesn't work in a game with diablo style loot generation

@Holya said in Second Character can't claim a realm.:

@jymnils

1. The thing you described is an instance
    2. Full loot doesn't work in a game with diablo style loot generation

Hey Diablo based drops is what we need honestly. Mainly bassed on the random side what you want not what they can give you because a "creator" wants to be lazy about it like it is here

• @Holya said in Second Character can't claim a realm.:

The thing you described is an instance

well a instance is a small part of the game (usually dungeon) duplicated only for the users using it, UO facet, is a ENTIRE DUPLICATE WORLDS, were you can travel for diferent interests, PVP loot, taming animals, increased materials collect, some people never even move to other facet since only 1 facet is more than enought to live and prosper ;D.

if you can name a game that have a INSTANCE like that ill gladly go and see by myself ;D

1. full loot works in any place where crafted items are as good as looted ones. the only thing that ruins full loot is Blessing/insurance systems that protect the items not the players.

and Aries its true that devs make little effort to tune the drops but im sure their system have the capacity to do this, for an example i can put the random chests that apear on the tailor, the cook, the Blacksmith and the bank, the content is completely diferent and tuned for the enviroment, well bank sould have more money that weapons ;D and the BS less drinks ;D buts for sure is tuned

so we need to wait with patiente since this is still alpha, on UO if you want a vampire cape you need to go and kill a vampire ;D, here we have to much trash loot and no recicle system on place.

Aries its true that devs make little effort to tune the drops but im sure their system have the capacity to do this, for an example i can put the random chests that apear on the tailor, the cook, the Blacksmith and the bank, the content is completely diferent and tuned for the enviroment, well bank sould have more money that weapons ;D and the BS less drinks ;D buts for sure is tuned

so we need to wait with patiente since this is still alpha, on UO if you want a vampire cape you need to go and kill a vampire ;D, here we have to much trash loot and no recicle system on place.

@jymnils Haha your are to funny this has been out of alpha stage for a long time. You have no idea how long I waited just to see what's going to be now. I can tell you horror stories that will make want piss in your bed late at night. I seen at least 4 gm's thats including devs walk through this game. There's still issues with this game that's been in the game sense the day I very first started but yet hasn't been touched or looked at still. Next time your brain wants to hatch an idea against a player just think they probably started several years before you ;)

• well im a guy of patiente ;D, just waiting (on other game) for all my world, belongings and chars to be destroyed by gods and then start it over after the gods create a new land for us to live, and the game is on ETERNAL ALPHA. guess im used to wait or to began again and again ;D world 10 is coming ;D

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.