Durability loss is getting out of hand.

• It wasn't so bad back in the day when we had one main weapon, but now with multiple slayers to lug around, it's just too much. I ran the gnome dungeon today with 100 durability on my staff, and when I was done, it was down to 17/100. Repairing it took away 10.

People are wearing crap gear and saving the good stuff for when they run into difficult situations, but even that's not really a viable strategy because armor weighs so damn much.

We don't even have the repair items from BW anymore which removed slightly less durability. And there isn't one of those for staffs.

• i wear crap gear, and every time i think i get a piece that is decent, it wears out long before i get a chance to upgrade or most times long before i can even find a crap replacement for it. i do not have artifact gear so what i do have impacts my character a lot, the constant loss of durability is just making it no fun to always have to hope i have something to use for tomorrow when i play. i understand the mechanic and even its usefulness or necessity, but the loss does seem extreme from one lowly newbies perspective.

• +1 Totally agree
    For me now - good equipment not even deserve to be blessed. Bless become expensive and durability runs out quicker then you used bless.
    Even artifact items become with no durability after few days normal playing.

• OK, I was wrong about the BW repair items, they do still drop.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Roundwaters said in Durability loss is getting out of hand.:

OK, I was wrong about the BW repair items, they do still drop.

Yeah but it's so rare you can't really stock them up before the ones you use run out and even get the chance for one to drop so is it really worth it

So we need durability loss i suppose but it needs to be alot slower i was in a dungeon earlier and my sword lost all durability before i got to the boss and when i came in it was only at half luckily i picked up a junk axe from something else when i came in

@Denluen said in Durability loss is getting out of hand.:

So we need durability loss i suppose but it needs to be alot slower i was in a dungeon earlier and my sword lost all durability before i got to the boss and when i came in it was only at half luckily i picked up a junk axe from something else when i came in

Must have had to be lower than 80 durability on it then. Mine barely loses 20 points from all armor and wepons from 3 doungeon runs back to back

• Guys while I partially agree with you, I disagree in general. I have divided the gearing process in 2 parts to explain myself better.

Gearing process involves a preparation phase, and an endgame phase. In prep phase, you should go out and hunt for ordinary gear, rare blesses and gold and of course your first artifact pieces. In that stage you shouldn't care for durability loss. What you should do is to always use your second best gear, which will eventually be easily repairable. If you have one perfect weapon for example store it and use 2-3 crappy ones with 1-2 nice mods you need. In that stage you won't PvP much. On the contrary you should avoid PvP like a vampire avoids garlic. You will loose and loose gear, and you will be constantly getting new one. To add on that, gear can be also gathered from lockpicking and some really easy mobs. You should do some gear gathering session on the side of what you regularly do.

Second endgame phase starts when you get yourself your first couple of artifact pieces. Then you should make a nice set which you will be using daily, consisting of your best gear. You must bless it, and go get some repairs from the cash shop. There are players willing to sell those for in game gold. Those raise max durability by 20-30 points to a Max of 250. This solves the problem and can be used in a smart way combined with ordinary repair tools.

By this I never had any issues with durability. Last suggestion might feel p2w but those items are the main source of income for the Devs. They cost so little and for me one charge refills my weapon for days of farming.

In general the idea is that gear in the end wears out, so you need a lot of it close to the same level to be effective.

• the entire point is that the gear wears too quickly to be replaced and therefore makes it so the cash shop repairs are the only option to keep and use good end game gear, let alone the struggle of getting geared, to maintain the artifact pieces and other end game gear you have you have to use the cash shop. P2W or have sub par gear that is ineffective in general.

i don't pvp, so i cant speak for anything on that server

• @ceedat said

P2W or have sub par gear that is ineffective in general.

When something bothers me I tend to yell about it in the forums.The game never felt p2w. I can guarantee you, that the game is not P2W. Not at all. I personally have not spent even 1 cent until now, I play for 2-3 months now, I have around 30 artifacts in my bank and I am one of the best atm. All these for free.

I have bought some repair tools from another player once. Like 3-4 of each type. I paid them with PS,Scroll fragments etc. I still use those. The player that sold me those paid, but he didn't win. He is good, but not in top tier. On the other hand, I haven't paid anything and I m top tier.

Adding to that, when playing in PvE server, the game can't be p2w, cause there is no "win" there at all. I don't go farm a boss with my Lighting Staff and you shouldn't either. Just equip a random staff with 5%-10% mama reduction. This does the job better. Actually there is absolutely no need to PvE in artifact gear. All PvE content is soloable, even if you are naked. P2W is a term that exists only in PvP scenarios where one paying party will benefit over a party that doesn't pay.

Ps1: I usually wore my gear until it broke on me. I always had gear in storage, that were close to the level of what I wear. I also played in PvP server with bad reputation and I lost good gear in PKs early on. Only one night I didn't have anything to wear and got me 1-2h to farm some back.

Ps2: Try to think about it from a Dev perspective. They have given us a completely free game, with an honest cash shop. Its 99% more honest than any other games cash shop out there. I could name hundreds. They have a playerbase of 50. They have to make something. Its for the best of this games future. Those repair tools will cost less than 5$ per month if you play daily and hardcore. Its good to buy those with cash, just to support the development.

• Siltoruz, the game is most certaintly pay to get rich at the very least. I've made a stupid amount of argents (somewhere between 500k-1m) from a 20$ purchase on repair items. Lol. You can't have fun when every swing of your sword, every snipe with your bow, and ESPECIALLY every spell with your staff, is destroying your weapon at an UNREALISTIC pace. Repairing with ingame methods should get rid of 2 durability. Not 10. That's ridiculous. I'll be honest, I don't even care about the dura. To me, the shop repairs are similar to subscription. However, you don't sound like you play on the pve server. The world of pve only is different than pvp.

• @God well if u play on pve,then u shouldnt careabout havingbest gear,thers no reason or reward for having it,normal gear is easy to get or if u cant kill best mobs u can easy craft with blaksmithing.

• @Gorstak said in Durability loss is getting out of hand.:

@God well if u play on pve,then u shouldnt careabout havingbest gear,thers no reason or reward for having it,normal gear is easy to get or if u cant kill best mobs u can easy craft with blaksmithing.

That's exactly what I m also saying here. Upvoted.

@God I agree that a loss of 10 durability at a normal repair is kinda high. I d like to see this decrease a bit. Maybe not 2 but around 5-6.

About the comment that repair tools work like a subscription... Nah.. I told you I ve never paid cash for them. While PvE I could make around 50k per hour. Those repair tools used to sell for around 40K. You just invest 1h to be covered for 1-2 weeks. Its ok.

Archeage, Albion, Tera those were p2w not LR

• @Siltoruz Well, the subscription comment was more just me saying that's how i justify it to myself. I don't like farming. I farm work irl enough hehe. But I mean it's definitely pay to get argents, however, argents aren't exactly a free pass to success. Most players with stuff to buy couldn't give two shits about argents. So overall yes, not pay to win. But paying can definitely boost you. But I mean let's be real, they gotta make money somehow.

• Perhaps if gear dropped with slightly higher initial durability, the durability loss wouldn't seem so bad.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.