End game Gear, Bless Scrolls, Recycling Gear

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

In my opinion, I like how it's hard to get it. I just don't enjoy the fact that once you have it, it's nearly impossible to lose good sets.

There have been several posts on here complaining about blessed gear. I agree it is an issue, this game is supposed to have more recyclable gear. You should actually go through gear sets over time.

Just so yall know, I was the first geared mofo on here (back in September) and I still have that same set of gear in my bank. I even gave it to Giraffe to use.

The shelf life of a good gear set shouldn't be that long, in my opinion you should have a greater chance of losing rare stuff. Especially with pvp the way it is, killing someone with high resists/better gear is impossible to begin with, and the flight scenario is greater than fighting. Meaning, it's way to easy to escape pvp regardless of gear. Making the threat of losing a good set of gear very unlikely.

So here in lies the problem, once geared you have an advantage in PVP, making it nearly impossible to take players with superior gear down. So this allows them free farm, and the ability to farm.. more rare gear.

Solutions:

Decrease the charges on end game bless scrolls. Decrease their drop chance by a lot.

Decrease dura on certain pieces of gear, like crystal armor, etc.

Balance out some of the end game artifacts with uber crafted gear. So, if you can't farm the bosses, you can eventually craft your way into a good set.

• So u and giraffe couldnt kil me as u can kill all other noobs without gear,ca si have artis gear,and now u cry on forum how artis should be nerfed,and u run around in noob gear expecting to do some real dmg,it depends on player,if some noob had arti gear and stayed in fight vs u 2 u would kill him and wouldnt come here to complain.

• Still blessing scrolls should give like 5 charges per use. Not around 15 like now ;)

@Gorstak

nothing personal we kill everyone at bandits because we afk farm there.. lol

• so at the moment good gear hard to get! i don't have good gear - but when i will i dont want to easy lose it :P i think everything is fine - for normal-not 24/7 players

• Thanks for removing my ban guys. I promise to behave this time.

• well if u think its easy to drop good gear and RARE BLESSED SCROLLS ur totaly mistaken... i have almost a full artefact gear and sometimes i cant wear it cus i run out of charges or dont have a rare bless cus its insane hard to drop + the creatures that drop the scrolls are harder to kill now... imagine that u spend 30k everytime u bless an rare item...

• @zycor said:

@Gorstak

nothing personal we kill everyone at bandits because we afk farm there.. lol

Thats not even what i was talking about.

The reason I made this post isn't because we couldn't PK you Dark King.

I only have 63 sorc, and 63 enlightenment. LOL

• FOUNDER: DUKE

Not sure exactly how to address that but I will say one of the things that should go away is a particular founders item. That portable indestructable bank item.

As someone who has one himself, I think it is way too OP. Having instant access to my town bank right in my inventory that will never drop and never get destroyed allows me to store many sets of end game gear if I so choose. I can have a set that is blessed that I use and more than enough backup sets at my beckon call, maybe even more than one blessed set of gear.

This isn't just for gear either, it's for essences, healing items such as booze, and more. It removes the real pain of losing your gear cause you will in a way never be without good gear if you stockpile enough. I should not be able to easily go back in my inventory, go into my Bank of Holding and pull out more high end gear to get back to the fight in a few minutes time if I am good at hiding.

These are the kind of things that need to go, not so much the stuff being mentioned here.

Yes I am more than willing to part with this type of item. It's just too powerful and PvP death is of little consequence to me as a result if I choose to utilize this. It shouldn't be possible to break the spirit of the game like this.

• ^100% agree

• @Malacandra said:

Not sure exactly how to address that but I will say one of the things that should go away is a particular founders item. That portable indestructable bank item.

As someone who has one himself, I think it is way too OP. Having instant access to my town bank right in my inventory that will never drop and never get destroyed allows me to store many sets of end game gear if I so choose. I can have a set that is blessed that I use and more than enough backup sets at my beckon call, maybe even more than one blessed set of gear.

This isn't just for gear either, it's for essences, healing items such as booze, and more. It removes the real pain of losing your gear cause you will in a way never be without good gear if you stockpile enough. I should not be able to easily go back in my inventory, go into my Bank of Holding and pull out more high end gear to get back to the fight in a few minutes time if I am good at hiding.

These are the kind of things that need to go, not so much the stuff being mentioned here.

Yes I am more than willing to part with this type of item. It's just too powerful and PvP death is of little consequence to me as a result if I choose to utilize this. It shouldn't be possible to break the spirit of the game like this.

As explained in a different thread, that's a bug that has strangely been reported only now (instead of any time in the previous testing phase). From tomorrow's restart, the personal bank box will be usable only if located on the ground and if the user is inside of his own realm, as it was meant to be ;)

• FOUNDER: DUKE

Cool!

Thanks a lot.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.