Time to say goodbye

• Hi guys,

today is the day of a sad personal announcement for me and my friend and colleague @Uriel, as we are officially resigning from the development team of Linkrealms.

Through these last couple of years, I've worked with Mythyn Interactive as developer, community manager and PR person, while @Uriel has covered the role of game and web designer. Although we have never been shareholders of Mythyn Interactive, we acted as if we were, taking a responsibility and putting an effort (even in terms of sheer working hours...) way beyond those of a "regular employee".

For most of the time Linkrealms didn't generate any salary for us - we were driven by our passion and love for the game as former players and by the hope to get it out of its unprofitable history. In the last months of work last year, we made the game's critical financial situation known to you. Eventually, we had to give up on the development of Linkrealms and decided to start a new MMO project. The reasons for such a hard decision were thoroughly explained here.

As to our initial plan, we started the development of the new MMO together with Mythyn Interactive. Sadly, this cooperation didn't work out, and we decided to part ways with Mythyn Interactive. The new project, to be announced in a few days, is developed by a new company we have formed in Italy with a larger team of young professionals, totally independent (including funding-wise!) from Mythyn Interactive. We have an innovative design, motivated and skilled team and we're working with state-of-the-art technology, so we strongly believe in the success of our new project. The officially announcement to the press will take place in May.

As you can see, I have already removed my forum developer tag. Before quitting in full, purely as a volunteer, I'm going to take care of the following issues:

• Refund the couple players who lost their items in [this latest incident](link url).
    • Drop a last patch to improve server stability and create a safer backup system.
    • Cut down on tools and optimize server costs to the point where running Linkrealms will cost Mythyn Interactive about 70$ per month.

After that, I will give up all admin powers and access to development tools, including this forum account. Once this is done, the future of Linkrealms will be entirely in the hands of Mythyn Interactive.

Although taxing and largely unpaid, it's been a pleasure to work on Linkrealms and meet many of you with real passion for the game, great ideas and personalities, so I hope I'll be able to keep in touch with many of you. If you want to contact me, you can find me at the addresses below:

Email: j.gallelli@dymstudios.com
    Skype: j.gallelli@dymstudios.com (yeah, just input the email address as contact name)

I might still play Linkrealms as a regular player from time to time, so there's a chance we'll meet there too.

Thank you all and best of luck,
    Jacopo Prometheus Gallelli

• FOUNDER: DUKE

i missed something....

U are going to announce your project here on mythyn forum?
    This forum is of Mythyn or yours?

i wish to know how to track you and your team out of here (not only skype, i wish a website or another forum)

tell me in private if u cannot post here pls

• @Meziljin said in Time to say goodbye:

i missed something....

U are going to announce your project here on mythyn forum?
    This forum is of Mythyn or yours?

i wish to know how to track you and your team out of here (not only skype, i wish a website or another forum)

tell me in private if u cannot post here pls

This is the Linkrealms forum and it belongs to Mythyn Interactive, of course. If Mythyn Interactive decides to send a newsletter or drop a post here about our project as a "thank you" to us, it's up to Mythyn Interactive to decide. The safest way to keep in touch with us is through the contacts I've posted above, but feel free to write me a forum PM too.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus rip. (Get it?) :( Sigh. I'll be looking forward to the announcement of your next project. Gl in your future endeavors. Thanks for bringing back life to lr if even only for a time.

• @Clavicus said in Time to say goodbye:

@Prometheus rip. (Get it?) :( Sigh. I'll be looking forward to the announcement of your next project. Gl in your future endeavors. Thanks for bringing back life to lr if even only for a time.

Of course I do :slight_smile: Whenever I needed to create a guild while working on Linkrealms for testing purposes, I kept calling it Memento Mori [RIP]. Thank you for the wishes and for your constant support and dedication to the game Clav.

I hope we'll still reach an agreement with Mythyn Interactive to give former Linkrealms players advantages when we put our project on Kickstarter. If not, that's still something we'll be willing to do on a personal basis, so let's keep in touch, my new contacts are written above.

• @Clavicus said in Time to say goodbye:

@Prometheus I'll be looking forward to the announcement of your next project. Gl in your future endeavors. Thanks for bringing back life to lr if even only for a time.

ditto

Edit:
    @Prometheus said in Time to say goodbye:

great ideas and personalities

He means me btw

• FOUNDER: BARON

Oh I assumed this from the start to be honest lol

• This game had so much potential. I wonder if mythyn will continue somehow developement even on a slow pace. Game gave a feel of UO but definitely more modernised. I could go on saying more but doesnt matter. Hopefully someone within mythyn enlighten us soon.

I wonder what your next project will be but I am sure you will make a good job. Good luck with your new project. I am just hoping its not a mobile game. So many good old companies turned to mobile market.

For LinkRealms hopefully the game will stay up and have members. Generally a game, even if it is on steam, has a hard time retaining players if they dont see at least 1-2 updates per year.

• @Prometheus You know who the real [RIP] was in this game :p :p

Omg sooo many good memories from LR in such a small amount of time! I m avoiding this forum due to nostalgic feelings. Shutting this down makes me sad.

You know I ve targeted you many times in here, but in the end you deserve my congrats for your constant effort. I hope you make your new thing a masterpiece cause you deserve it!

• @Monomaxos said in Time to say goodbye:

I wonder if mythyn will continue somehow developement even on a slow pace.

I can't answer this question with absolute certainty as it's Mythyn business only, but I can tell you it's very unlikely Linkrealms will be developed more.

@Monomaxos said in Time to say goodbye:

I wonder what your next project will be but I am sure you will make a good job. Good luck with your new project. I am just hoping its not a mobile game. So many good old companies turned to mobile market.

Thank you and don't worry, it's an MMO for Windows/Linux/Mac. No mobile market for us :slight_smile:

@Siltoruz said in Time to say goodbye:

@Prometheus You know who the real [RIP] was in this game :p

You came second! Jarko was there first, many years ago ;)

@Siltoruz said in Time to say goodbye:

You know I ve targeted you many times in here, but in the end you deserve my congrats for your constant effort. I hope you make your new thing a masterpiece cause you deserve it!

Many thanks to you (and to the others!) for your support, it means a lot to me. The announcement is coming soon, hope to see you again there!

• @Prometheus does your project have a name or should i email you and ask this question? I would love to see what you come up with and help support good gaming.

• I finally found a game after searching for 3 years and this happens.
    I must be bad luck D;

• Everquest is my go to game now its huge and been around for 18 years

• did not spect this when i come here, but if its time, then its time ;D
    added you to skype, you did a great job here even unpay, i cant imagine been pay

• @Prometheus I have e-mailed you mate. Keep me up to date with your new project if you don't mind. I'll gladly become it's alpha/beta/gamma/delta etc. etc. tester if you gonna need any.

• By the way, not sure if the game went down or support for the steam client is over but through steam I get the server is offline message

• @Darkhorde said in Time to say goodbye:

@Prometheus does your project have a name or should i email you and ask this question? I would love to see what you come up with and help support good gaming.

Thank you for your interest! We can't reveal the name yet. If you want to make sure you get notified when it's made public, get in touch with us via email and we'll inform you privately (in a couple weeks, hopefully) :slight_smile: Otherwise, it's very likely you'll read about it on the press anyway!

• Cool thanks i will send you guys an email for sure. Can't wait to see what you guys bring to the genre.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.