REALLY?? I expected a game

• even though I really prefer first person games, I really wanted to like this one. Really, I did, but you were just too determined to make sure I didn't. IF you are going to have a click at a distance to move your avatar system, you MUST have a pathfinding engine. It is almost imperative that you do it in one click, not two. Clicking on doors or characters should move you to them. Let me back up a bit, though and go at it from the beginning.
    Character creation was easy, but frustrating. I could barely see the figure and it didn't zoom in when I was going trough facial types and hair styles. I had to run through several times before I noticed any difference. I guess it really doesn't matter, though, since you never get very close to your characters face. I thought it odd that you couldn't chose clothing colors too, but since you would be doubtless adding new clothing or armor that changed your look, that kinda made sense. It would be better if we could choose the look of our avatar, but it seems we are forced to be enslaved to the appearance of whatever clothing or armor we find.
    FIghting is um, boring. Click on an opponent and go make tea. You have no control of anything. I guess you can watch the pretty special effects if you want. Partial digression: The game LOOKS good. it seems the devs spent a LOT of time making it look very detailed and interesting. Too bad that is the LEAST important thing in a game. It sure ADDS to it if you have great graphics, but the game must be good and workable FIRST. It's even hard to drink health potions or eat. That brings us to the inventory system
    Inventory is insane. I went and killed cows. I put their skins in my inventory, one after the other. I figured they were being stacked nice and neat. Boy was I wrong. They were all over the place. Inventory has no defined boxes, no does it auto-stack similar items. What a mess.
    Even worse, crafting. I have to hundred raw steaks I need to cook. I should just be able to place the stack over a stove icon or something and let it auto cook them one at a time, right? NOOO! I have to click on the cook button for EACH steak! That's not all! IT is worse for juicing or tanning. You have to double click on the tool, then click on ONE material item and repeat. Oh, and you have to get your mouse just right. Oh, and never mind that I came to be a crafter, It seems that for non-paying players I am LIMITED as to how far I can go. My cooking seemed stuck at 40. I cooked those two hundred steaks and got NO exp for them! Leatherwork is similar, but not sure how limited it was. I just wanted to come and craft items I could sell for a nice income, but it seems I can't.
    finally wandered into the graveyard. I killed 80 foes and didn't even realize they HAD any loot on them. I clicked on them to be sure, but I didn't notice anything in the really odd and bizarre little window that opened up. You'd think there would be some really OBVIOUS scorekeeping notification for the TEN I needed to kill. NOPE. Not hat killing more was a problem, but it would be nice to know when I had competed the quest requirements.
    Later, I came back and fond a dungeon in the graveyard. I decided to tackle it. IT was easy. Well, kinda. The bad guys seldom offered much of a threat, but inevitably they respawned before I could collect the TWO different money piles and perhaps the one item on the bodies. You'd think that you'd be able to get through the entire dungeon before it reset? NOPE! Had to fight the same damn monsters over and over for no reason. Also, the chests with "zero" lock protection were unable to be opened by my character. I couldn't even bash them open. I was limited to various vases, which ALSO respawned before I could leave the area. Maybe I should have just broke one and sat there and repeated? Silly me. I thought there would be a POINT to finishing off a dungeon.
    I managed to DIE because it is so unwieldy to open inventory and use potions or eat during battle. How about an icon that links to some health potions so I don't have to "open" inventory do do that? I could go on, but I think you get the idea. I bet a LOT of people come and go from this game and you still don't try to make it workable. Your call

I know this sounded a bit too sarcastic and harsh but I wanted to drive it home

• FOUNDER: BARON

This post is deleted!

• FOUNDER: BARON

@nude0007 Okay first of all, this game has been dead for months. Secondly, you clearly don't appreciate the oldschool model of this game. So honestly your opinion is dumber than even most of my own opinions lmao. Go somewhere bro this is a ghosttown

• @nude0007
    'Ay. Linkrealms isn't a "hard" game mechanically, or tactically, but it's difficult in the sense you'll be punished for doing this incorrectly, and it's not so intuitive as to make figuring things out part of the enjoyment. I can see why this would seem like an excuse for poor game mechanics/design to some, but 99% of the non-social reasons I've enjoyed LR would be figuring out how to do things optimally. With that in mind:

you MUST have a pathfinding engine

There is pathfinding, and it should be enabled by default

couldn't chose clothing colors too

The starting clothes have a randomized color (and stats). You can change the color of moth cloth/leather items using a dying kit from the tailoring shop.

It would be better if we could choose the look of our avatar
    You can dye your hair/change your fur/change your skin with items found in game, as well as buy horns, transmogification(not sure if transmog is working), invis your gear(PVE server only), and a few other things. That said, generally speaking most characters will indeed end up looking like 4 varients of the same guy.

FIghting is um, boring. Click on an opponent and go make tea. You have no control of anything.

Early levels, and tanky melee builds aren't very interactable. A good mage in the end game should have ~40+ keybinds, without ever using auto attack, though. I'd recommend setting up a second account to train stats on with a macro until you're at a point where combat has more variety. It's technically against the rules(newish rule), but it was implimented for PVP reasons, and I highly doubt it will be enforced/frowned upon.

It's even hard to drink health potions or eat
    There's a keybind for that. Pro tip: big cheap heals for PVE, and a secondary heal for PVP. Your character will consume from the stack of healing items that's been in your inventory the longest, so simply hold(put on your curser, without dropping it in the overworld) then place it back in your inventory to make it the last food you'll use.

does it auto-stack similar items

Items will auto stack if you drag and drop them directly onto your character model, instead of your inventory. Hold Ctrl to pick up a stack without the quantity menu.

I have to click on the cook button for EACH steak

Most people don't like this, why I used alts for cooking. Some crafting recipes don't have a cooldown/action timer, especially cooking. I'd strongly suggest using an autoclicker for this.

IT is worse for juicing or tanning.

There's a delay for tanning/juicing, even if you can technically skip it by queuing the action mutiple times in the same tick. I'd macro this too. Use the "use last item", and "use last tool" keybinds for this. Those mightn't be the right names, going from memory.

I came to be a crafter

BiS items for most slots for most classes come from crafting with enchanted dust. Just putting that out there.

non-paying players I am LIMITED as to how far I can go. My cooking seemed stuck at 40.

If you've a 100% success chance when crafting something, you won't gain experience for doing so. Using US$ cooking untensils increase exp rates.

Leatherwork is similar, but not sure how limited it was. I just wanted to come and craft items I could sell for a nice income, but it seems I can't.

You can sell most leather craftables to the tailoring vendor. Keep in mind the prices are slightly randomized. To circumvent this, if you plan to do any large scale crafting, buy your own tailoring vendor from Riverbank bank and set it up in your realm. Kill/respawn it until its prices are max before selling in bulk.

inevitably they respawned before I could collect the TWO different money piles

I get why you'd dislike this, but it's a necessity in an open world MMO, especially in the tutorial area. Better to have too many monsters, than having to fight over them for hours to get a single early level. Given, low playercount makes that kinda irrelevant at this point.

Also, the chests with "zero" lock protection were unable to be opened by my character.

That's not zero protect, that's lockpicking skill required. The blacksmith sells lockpicks.

Silly me. I thought there would be a POINT to finishing off a dungeon.

At some point, before lockpicking was made to level so quickly, the room behind the vampire was the end of the dungeon. It dropped fairly good starting jewelry.

How about an icon that links to some health potions

Again, keybind

I've not played in a while, but if you need help with something feel free to PM me. If you're on the PVP server I'll probably stop by yearly and murder you once or twice.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.