Review by Zycor

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DQxEsGfx-I

TLDR: 8/10

Good game, needs more crafting and sandbox elements. Updated map editor, balance fixing and other stuff.

• Nice review and good feedback. One thing: we are not a "after work" project - we are just a very small team, and we do have plans to expand it :) To be honest, we have expanded it already on the marketing / PR / social media management side.

Also, game servers will be open 24/7 from the Steam Early Access launch in March, so we are not rolling out time-limited beta phases indefinitely!

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Ya the side project quote, I was just assuming you guys had regular day jobs and worked on building the game on the side part-time. Wasn't sure, and probably isn't my business. I just remember reading that somewhere.

I think what will attract more Albion players here, is the crafting /gathering part. Some players won't try the game based on how it looks/plays too. So making it flashy once you get the money, could also bring people in.

Only thing preventing the 10/10 in my book is the beta, the population, and PVP.

Beta hype trains in my book are an industry standard for the gaming industry now a'days so I see why it happens. It's also a good way to gather data, or maybe your intentions are to gather data and at the same time generate sales. Personally, I don't like this industry change.

I've recruited quite a few people to the game myself, and I think I should be rewarded. In Albion, I did the same thing and I got referral bonuses. You should do the same thing here to reward people for it. This will make the population grow hopefully. That and maybe a free trial over a weekend or double XP weeknds. I've been helping out SWGEMU servers with their population problems, and the server I've been playing on has gone from 20-30 people to 60-100 in the past two months, mostly because I've been spamming reddit, forums, and youtube with videos. We've also used the tactics I described previously, double xp weekends , referral bonuses and all that jazz.

PVP is why I play games, and I just can't enjoy it as much as I want to while playing LR. I feel like it's too easy to escape or avoid PVP. Zone hopping, blessing scrolls, and the mechanics really make it unenjoyable. I was PVPing this morning 3v1 while naked with low end skills and I had no trouble running like a noob in a circle to survive. The cast times and ranges make no sense, the higher end spells like Ball Lightning have such a long cast and short range, by the time you end casting it your target is off screen and out of range. You're almost limited on what you can cast. If I could input anything, I'd lower dodge chances, and increase spell success, and decrease cast times by a tad. It's really hard for me to judge, because my mage isn't even close to where he should be to properly test stuff.

• @zycor said:

Ya the side project quote, I was just assuming you guys had regular day jobs and worked on building the game on the side part-time. Wasn't sure, and probably isn't my business. I just remember reading that somewhere.

I think what will attract more Albion players here, is the crafting /gathering part. Some players won't try the game based on how it looks/plays too. So making it flashy once you get the money, could also bring people in.

Only thing preventing the 10/10 in my book is the beta, the population, and PVP.

Beta hype trains in my book are an industry standard for the gaming industry now a'days so I see why it happens. It's also a good way to gather data, or maybe your intentions are to gather data and at the same time generate sales. Personally, I don't like this industry change.

I've recruited quite a few people to the game myself, and I think I should be rewarded. In Albion, I did the same thing and I got referral bonuses. You should do the same thing here to reward people for it. This will make the population grow hopefully. That and maybe a free trial over a weekend or double XP weeknds. I've been helping out SWGEMU servers with their population problems, and the server I've been playing on has gone from 20-30 people to 60-100 in the past two months, mostly because I've been spamming reddit, forums, and youtube with videos. We've also used the tactics I described previously, double xp weekends , referral bonuses and all that jazz.

PVP is why I play games, and I just can't enjoy it as much as I want to while playing LR. I feel like it's too easy to escape or avoid PVP. Zone hopping, blessing scrolls, and the mechanics really make it unenjoyable. I was PVPing this morning 3v1 while naked with low end skills and I had no trouble running like a noob in a circle to survive. The cast times and ranges make no sense, the higher end spells like Ball Lightning have such a long cast and short range, by the time you end casting it your target is off screen and out of range. You're almost limited on what you can cast. If I could input anything, I'd lower dodge chances, and increase spell success, and decrease cast times by a tad. It's really hard for me to judge, because my mage isn't even close to where he should be to properly test stuff.

Ur talking about 1 v1 mechanic being to easy to escape and spells no so good,but imagine group of four geared and maxed skills players ,they would kill every player who is solo or even 2 plyerswery easy if they had no chance of escaping,and if they spamm certain spells,so u should take in accounnt groups not yust solo or 2 players.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.