Beta Update - Patch 1.8 (01-15-16)

• Hi all,

this patch implements several bug fixes, balancing improvements to hostile creatues and an overhaul on the progression of the Cooking skill. A few of the things mentioned below have already gone live silently during the week.

ADDITIONS

1- A new Skip Tutorial button has been added for new players during the tutorial. It allows them to skip the tutorial with one click if they are stuck and go directly to the main square of Riverbank.

CHANGES

1 - The progression of the Cooking skill has been completely overhauled.

2 - The resistances and defensive skill of tenths of hostile monsters has been changed. There is now much more variety in resistances, and there are no more creatures that accidentally had their defensive skill level set to 0, which allowed expert warriors to get 100% hit chance on them.

3 - The loot of several hostile monsters has been rebalanced. In particular, argent drops have been added to several creatures which previously had none.

BUG FIXES

1 - The Tailoring Contract System has been restored and is now fully functional.

2 - The way the recovery time after abandoning a Tailoring Contract is handled by the server has been changed to avoid user being no longer able to get a new contract after abandoning one.

3 - The Founder Personal Bankbox is now usable only if on the ground and inside of the owner's realm. We will add the possibility to choose the access lever once it is secured later on.

4 - Fixed realms of the Cold Blood Jungle which didn't have PvP enabled and had skill gains restricted.

5 - The stuck stones in inventory bug has been fixed for players who got in the previous Beta too.

6 - Using staves and punches now triggers STR/AGI and skill gains.

7 - The chance to reveal a hidden player with the Sorcery spell now depends on the Enlightenment skill of the caster and the Hiding skill of the hidden player.

8 - Sorcery spell Ice Splinters now works correctly, instead of accidentally casting Freezing Wind.

9 - Tropical Forest realms with incorrect server mask have been fixed.

• @Prometheus said:

1 - The progression of the Cooking skill has been completely overhauled.

Any exact details about this one?

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Looks like a good patch I'm curious to check out splinters

• @Prometheus said:

2 - The resistances and defensive skill of tenths of hostile monsters has been changed. There is now much more variety in resistances, and there are no more creatures that accidentally had their defensive skill level set to 0, which allowed expert warriors to get 100% hit chance on them.

This one is kinda broken now... With 99 skill in weapon mastery I have sometimes 6-7 misses in a row in a basic darkling! I think it shouldn't work like that at all :|

• In my opinion you have balance overdue tendentious. In my opinion the miss rate is now to high for some monsters. On lizard before the change i was able to make the lvl 1 map whitin 3 min ( killing the monsters) now it takes me 7min , so it means i have more than 100% more misses. My marksman skill is 96 and i have also 8% accu on my eq

• I'm wondering if they fixed the not being able to delete your character thing. I made my first char not knowing anything about the game then made a marksman to level with a friend. I wanted to restart my original character but cannot delete him. Sucks, now that I know a bit I can hone his skills to what i want but i cannot since it's not possible to delete my old character...

• @Prometheus need some answers/changes about these misses.

@Kapich said:

In my opinion you have balance overdue tendentious. In my opinion the miss rate is now to high for some monsters. On lizard before the change i was able to make the lvl 1 map whitin 3 min ( killing the monsters) now it takes me 7min , so it means i have more than 100% more misses. My marksman skill is 96 and i have also 8% accu on my eq

This. I havent done much pve lately but I completely agree that lizzogoth hit rate is WAY to low. A person with max skill should really have a pretty high success chance of hitting almost any mob esp considering how slow paced combat is in the game. Fighting something and whiffing 5 times just makes you want to slash your wrist (but youd probably miss)

• I just have hit a highscore today. 13 misses in a row in a lizzogoth raider while having 100 marksmanship... Really @Prometheus do some changes about it.. Or at least give us some answers with some decent arguments it should stay like that because it becomes a big joke :|

Ya it's pretty lame with the vagueness of the patch notes.......

@D4RKJ3D1

You can always change your skills. Then you reach the lvl cap you can decrease and increase your skills. So I doesn't matter if you can delete a Character or not.

• @Clavicus said:

Fighting something and whiffing 5 times just makes you want to slash your wrist (but youd probably miss)

Haha , this was a pretty good joke :)

• Still no single reply from devs...

• This so not right. my skill 103 bonus accu 18% and i have 6-7 misses on a normal darkling, please repair this

• @Clavicus said:
    Fighting something and whiffing 5 times just makes you want to slash your wrist (but youd probably miss)

LOL!

Missing so much in slow paced combat is maddening.

I wonder if there will be some changes for prospecting like yield buffs etc...

• Still no answer ! Please repair the accurancy miss situation

@Kapich said:

Still no answer ! Please repair the accurancy miss situation

qfe

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.