Linkrealms Roadmap to Steam Early Access

• This is a thread for discussion, please respect the ideas of people who do not share your same opinion and keep this post civilized. Last warning.

That being said, as it's been mentioned already several times officially, a PvE server will be launched together (or even before) Steam Early Access - that is not a point of discussion. It will just be done with server population is high enough to keep both servers decently populated.

• @Prometheus problem is, I'm afraid there will be like 90% of population on PvE and the rest will stay on PvP...

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

@Prometheus said:

This is a thread for discussion, please respect the ideas of people who do not share your same opinion and keep this post civilized. Last warning.

That being said, as it's been mentioned already several times officially, a PvE server will be launched together (or even before) Steam Early Access - that is not a point of discussion. It will just be done with server population is high enough to keep both servers decently populated.

Thanks.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus said:

This is a thread for discussion, please respect the ideas of people who do not share your same opinion and keep this post civilized. Last warning.

Probably the most confusiong thing i've read so far besides coverchrg's post

@Amnesiac Consider it a good thing for you guys. You will know where you are safe.

• I hope that add some more group oriented dungeons and some sort of ''world bosses''.

Btw, thanks for an awesome game!

Not to beat a dead horse, but just read through all this. Myself, I refer PvP; I will never be the best, but I won't be the worst. I see no issues with having separate servers though, reason being: as a new player in closed beta you can barely explore areas without getting ganked (and that's with 23 people online). At least a PvE server would allow players to learn things and then come to PvP. And I'm willing to bet the majority of people in disagreement with a PvE server will make a toon there.

• Hay, keep in mind this criticism is coming from a griefer/wannabe hardcore pvpzer, but I think your reputation system is terrible.** It won't protect newer players at all.** It just monopolizes people farming them to those willing to put in effort to make single-purpose characters. Also makes afking cheaper/easier.

I've two max stated characters, and a bunch of scout accounts/virtual machines/monitors. I'm going to be scouting the low level farming areas, then simply going in with either a poorly geared character that has max stats, or maybe just an artifact weapon. Realistically, that's enough to kill a newish character in 2-5 seconds with summons, even if I'm not with a party.

I will receive absolutely no penalty for this, the only thing making it even slightly troublesome for me is if other geared/stated players come to kill me I'll be at a disadvantage engaging on them. But that's the thing, I won't. I'm not going to fight somebody if they've a signifcant advantage, and with scouts, nobody with an advantage will be able to fight me. Plus hay, two guys with stats and trash gear should kill a guy with stats and gear.

This will not protect newer players, not at all, because the only motivation a geared player would have to go there is to defend a friend. They won't even gain anything from killing me, other than some arrows/beer/leather armor, maybe 3k argents in value. If that kind of thing were an efficent enough motivator for people to stop murderers, they wouldn't be a problem now. Assuming you go through with the rebalance of items drops, that is, nobody will be there to defend lowbies.

Lastly, it negatively affects PVP.. and makes certain kinds of griefing possible. Most griefing, other than murdering people, is not possible in open PVP games... because you'll just get killed if you try it. I'm sure after this nearly every time somebody AOEs, summons a burning spirit, or has an area effect weapon somebody is going to try to commit suicide on it. I'll be placing loot traps everywhere, trying to make people grey, and stealthing nearby. A great example of this is, it only takes two moderately low level mages in my VMs to keep bandit camp walled off indefinitely, keep them green, and nobody can attack; at least not without losing reputation, and thus losing extra gear when I immediately come to murder them on my green fully geared main.

While I agree that newer players being protected more would be a positive, I don't believe punishing people for murder in such a way achieves anything. I would request people be rewarded for murdering murderers, rather than murderers be simply be punished.

It could be something completely arbitrary, like adding a 'most wanted' to the wall at the bank, and rewarding people with irrelevant penis points for specifically hunting them. Maybe just a straight you get points for killing unique red players. Obviously that system in itself could be exploited, but it's a reward for doing so regardless. Considering the ease with which one can quickly obtain end game gear/stats in this game, end game PVP contests(who gets the most nice-guy-penis-points) would, in my opinion at least, be actively perused. Obviously this in itself would be exploited, but it can only have a positive effect, with no chance of negative. Or you could just make a new player's death irrelevant, by giving consistent uncommon bless scrolls, or incredibly cheap mediocre gear... I mean you already do, but make it more obvious that if played correctly, a noob's death is near meaningless.

• P.S: I don't even believe vets killing newer players is even slightly a problem. I've played for about two weeks, and I've died* to another play exactly once.. and that was just somebody getting into my house while I was afk because I forgot to lock the door.

So, without really being killed at all I've gotten, or paying credits to others as a (mostly)solo player:

90 spiritualism
    100 Marksman
    Crystal Top/Bottom
    Runic Helm
    Acid Caster C'bow
    Alliances with 3 separate factions for Pstone farming realms
    and an admittedly trash bank

And I'm a fucking retard, if I can do it, I don't see why the rest of the new plebians can't deal with maybe 3 groups of gankers.

• Hoyla, there's not even 30 people online at any given time. The current system may work with that low population, but it won't if more people start playing.

The reputation system that will be put in place will ruin pvp. There will be even more griefing than before. Like holya said if I have an aoe damage weapon nerds will just stand around me to make me grey (because I wont initiate since i dont want a rep penalty because i have a job and dont have 12 hours a day like ufo members to farm scrolls) they need to change the penalty from bless charge penalty to some other penalty. Not to mention the pending nerf of some sort to bless scrolls in the upcoming patch. id post more but honestly i think its a waste of my time.

@Clavicus said:

The reputation system that will be put in place will ruin pvp. There will be even more griefing than before. Like holya said if I have an aoe damage weapon nerds will just stand around me to make me grey (because I wont initiate since i dont want a rep penalty because i have a job and dont have 12 hours a day like ufo members to farm scrolls) they need to change the penalty from bless charge penalty to some other penalty. Not to mention the pending nerf of some sort to bless scrolls in the upcoming patch. id post more but honestly i think its a waste of my time.

Quite an unnecessary jab with the whole "I work 12 hours a day" comment. How many years have you been playing online games? It's the same in every game. Just because you you have a job that you have to dedicate more time to doesn't mean the game should suit your needs. It's a game. Not saying it's not fair, we've all been there, but there are better ways to argue your point than to use such an example.

I'm not upset at your comment in general, just the way you phrased it. I used to work too, until I got hit by a drunk driver 3 months ago. So just because i have 12 hours a day to play rather than work, doesn't mean everyone else is the same way. There is always SOMEONE with more time or "no life" who is ahead of each of us.

@Malacandra Hi Malacandra:) Thought this a good place to post a few things so I am not replying to some that just hate UFO having a lot of players, I can not help I love people and Im not a azz. And besides i think for the most part UFO players are a awesome group of people. All players are welcome in our guild, if they are hard core pvp players or someone who just enjoys making and keeping friends and farming or tailoring. Take Malacandra, you have a guild with a great leader and great players, we are friends and enjoy it that way. I refuse to buckle to certain ones that cry over UFO , all I can say is start your own guild and get your own players and play it like you wish to play it. Don't expect the game to be built so you don't have to cry. ENOUGH SAID> Hugs Malacandra.

• Please let me know when the new player like I am will be able to play?? When the game will be available on steam? Please , just want to play ASAP

• @lifefornazgul Just have purchased the settler founder pack... and noticed that only Prince has an access to the game. Why you don't want to open server till Steam access? You can lose a lot of players during this period.

• @lifefornazgul said:

@lifefornazgul Just have purchased the settler founder pack... and noticed that only Prince has an access to the game. Why you don't want to open server till Steam access? You can lose a lot of players during this period.

Yes, before purchasing anything you should read very carefully. If it bothers you enough, maybe you can ask for a refund since the servers are not longer up till early access on Steam?

As far as LR losing lots of players during this period, I know you're really trying hard to try to get to try the game, but LR won't live or die with the servers being down for a weeks for the devs to focus on the patch and content for Steam, which is honestly more important. Patience is a virtue, we know.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.