Miss here, miss there, miss every******where!

• Can someone explain it to me, how the heck it is even possible to miss 6-7 times in a row in a basic darkling/lizard/any other mob while having 118 marksmanship and staying 1 square away from a monster?! Anyone even mind to fix these misses sooner or later please? :| I can understand when monster has increased resistances and we deal less damage to him, but what is wrong with all these misses?! Monsters are super agile or something? Matrix dodges when being 1 square away or what? With logic point of view - the closer I am, the bigger chance I should have to hit...

• @Vetro said:

Can someone explain it to me, how the heck it is even possible to miss 6-7 times in a row in a basic darkling/lizard/any other mob while having 118 marksmanship and staying 1 square away from a monster?! Anyone even mind to fix these misses sooner or later please? :| I can understand when monster has increased resistances and we deal less damage to him, but what is wrong with all these misses?! Monsters are super agile or something? Matrix dodges when being 1 square away or what? With logic point of view - the closer I am, the bigger chance I should have to hit...

Hit chance is determined by your skill and your superior accuracy modifier, and by the victim's skill and superior dodge modifier (if the victim is a player, otherwise just the victim's skill). The simplest case is if you and your victim have the same skill level and no mods - in that case the hit chance is 50%.

Just type /showhitchance and attack the monster. At every swing it will tell you your hitchance against that monster. Type /hidehitchance to hide it, then let me know!

• @Prometheus said:

Hit chance is determined by your skill and your superior accuracy modifier, and by the victim's skill and superior dodge modifier (if the victim is a player, otherwise just the victim's skill). The simplest case is if you and your victim have the same skill level and no mods - in that case the hit chance is 50%.

So there is something very wrong or simple darkling and lizard has his skill above 100. I have the same problem and its very often 5-7 misses. Assuming the darkling has 100 skill it means i can go and play the lottery because i hit so meny times 5-7 misses ( 1 miss 50% 2 misses 25% 3 misses 12,5% and so on), i guarantee you that this is not working correct.

BTW i checked the command and with no mods and 100 skill i have according to the command 54-57% chance to hit a normal darkling - is it not to low?
    Will also try this command on lizards.

Prom please go in to the game and try clear lvl 1 lizard map, you will see what we mean

• Checked lizards:

Nornal lizard 72%
    Rider 65%
    Mage 69%
    Shaman 74%

I tested this time on my best setup -> 105 skill and in total +25% accurancy. Funny numbers in my opinion

• @Prometheus 53% with just 100 skills in a basic darkling archer... 60% with items equipped which is 118 marksmanship... 18 marks gives ONLY 7% difference... Something must be wrong with it, there is no other option...
    Checked lizards also - Basic Lizzogoth - 55% with clean 100 skill, 62% with 118. It is definitely too low chance to hit. I could understand if it would be a kind of miniboss or boss where we should have lowered chances to hit, but on basic mobs it is just way too low.

• @Prometheus @Pain
    In my honest opinion, there could be an interesting solution to this, but unfortunately it would work only with crossbows - just each square range should give/take chance to hit. Example: we are attacking mob from 8 square range, we have 60% hit chance, but when we come closer and closer, the chance to hit rises like let's say 2% per square, so at the end if you stay 1 square away from monster and you tank it, your hit chance rises up to 14% more what gives you 74% in total, which then would be quite decent chance to hit. 25% for missing a mob is what all would agree on i guess.

• @Vetro should be the other way around. You're a ranged fighter not melee, the farther you are the better the chance

• @Myhal In real life, the farther you get from a target, the harder it is to hit. From a gameplay standpoint, the advantage of shooting from range is not getting more hits, but in getting hit by the enemy less yourself. Rewarding shooting from longer range doesn't make sense from either a realistic or gameplay mechanic sense.

• @Myhal i thought about it like that, but it would make archery too easy i think.

• @WeirdoC @Vetro at the same time I dont think it would be easy to load arrows while somebody is smacking you in front of you. Maybe a bonus for being 2-3 tiles away, penalty past that? Most games penalize archers for being melee

• @Myhal I think a firing rate delay for getting hit would be more appropriate than a hit chance improvement for being at longer range, though.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

On a normal mob (not mini boss or boss) you should have a very high hit chance. The pve/combat is too slow paced for people to have fun while missing a mob 7 times in a row. It is frustrating. I understand that if you are fighting a gnome king or exalted mob your chance would decrease but even then hit chances need to be relative. You shouldn't have a super low hot chance vs an exalted mino because of the huge hp pool. You shouldn't miss an exalted imp much because its a damn imp. All hit chances need to be revamped with this in mind. There is a big difference between making mobs "challenging" and making them tedious.

• @Clavicus 100% agree.

• Well, the thing, that at this moment I have bigger chance to hit Hellspawn in Hades or Exalted Minotaur than basic Darkling Archer or basic Lizzogoth becomes to be kinda ridiculous :|

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Anyone care to explain why I have a 35% chance to hit vs a player. LOL. I have 108 marksmanship.

• @zycor said:

Anyone care to explain why I have a 35% chance to hit vs a player. LOL. I have 108 marksmanship.

That player might have alot of dodge% items

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.