Steam and wipe possibility.

• @Prometheus @Pain I was wondering today, if you get on Steam with the game, is there any possibility that Valve will force on you opening a new server with fresh start, without ability to transfer our characters there (and current server will have to remain out of steam)? I don't really know how it works when a running game enters Steam, but I would like to know if we don't need to be afraid of such thing.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Dont think valve has any say in the opening of new server

• Well, Steam is theirs after all, so they can set their own terms if someone wants to get there.

• a wipe would suck.. i know most of the people i know started playing beta because they said there wouldnt be a wipe

• @Vetro said:

@Prometheus @Pain I was wondering today, if you get on Steam with the game, is there any possibility that Valve will force on you opening a new server with fresh start, without ability to transfer our characters there (and current server will have to remain out of steam)? I don't really know how it works when a running game enters Steam, but I would like to know if we don't need to be afraid of such thing.

This shouldn't happen. Your current characters will not be lost in any case.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Darkfall was added to steam after launch and there was no wipe.

• Well, then start a new server, let valve check and reimport characters from old server->problem solved.

• @Amnesiac many MMOs have been added to steam with no new servers.

ofc the korean MMOs usually always have some new servers or whatever but just look at the MMOs in general, EVE dont have 2 servers just cause it is on Steam for example.

• @Mxll u guys are doubling nonsense about something uhave no clue about and making a fouse a bout it.

• I really wish at the official "launch" there would be a wipe... otherwise new players are going to assume alpha/beta players are SO far ahead they won't play.

Z

• I wouldn't mind items wipe at all, since too many people fooled devs during rollback refunds... But wiping skills would be so incredibly painful :| Especially losing working ones...

• @Znick there will always be playerswho are ahead,those who join tendays after steam,can say there should be wipe cas we joined so late.

• i dont think anything should be wiped.. like i stated before alot of people started playin this past beta because devs said there wouldnt be a wipe of any kind... and if u play early u should be able to be ahead then someone starting afta the testing phase. we put in the hours to help them build there game not a big ask to keep our skills / items..

• @Vetro said:

I wouldn't mind items wipe at all, since too many people fooled devs during rollback refunds... But wiping skills would be so incredibly painful :| Especially losing working ones...

but yes i agree with this.. the part where people fooled the devs for a example zycor with that list of artys i mean idk how the devs believed that crap lol... they shoulda just kept the no item return.. one thing to get ur gold mats back but no items shoulda been returned

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.